My wife and I stayed here for two nights during our recent anniversary trip to the Keys. This is a typical DoubleTree Hotel, which could be located anywhere in the world by the design of the place. If you want character and local charm, you won't find it here. The shuttle bus to Duval street is the lifeline to doing anything in Key West, and it runs on the hour. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel and it was forgettable - lukewarm hashbrowns and gummy pancakes, eww. If you walk out the front door, you can walk, jog or bike ride along the seawall, but won't get anywhere for miles - unless you count the Benihana by the entrance to the airport. We did get a couples masssage by the pool, which was a bit breezy in the portable shelter set up there, but we were pleasantly surprised by the gratis hot stone treatment given to keep us warm - that was very nice. We stayed at a B&B it the Truman Annex closer to Duval and were able to walk everywhere on the first two nights of our vacation, which we much prefered for a the romantic flavor, local vibe and convenience. Did not like the routine of having to be a slave to the shuttle buses at the Doubletree.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort offers a West Indies casually elegant cottage decor with our 216 guest rooms and suites designed to accommodate both the business and leisure traveler. Guest rooms feature high speed Internet access, mini-fridge, coffee maker and much more. Our resort features a free-form zero-entry outdoor pool with waterfall, a Jacuzzi, exercise and weight room. A variety of Florida Keys outdoor recreation activities include sailing, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, parasailing golf, tennis, sightseeing and more. We offer the finest in casual dining at our Palm Haven Restaurant with outdoor seating available on the Osprey Veranda. Gumbo Limbo Poolside Bar features signature martinis, frozen specialties and other flavorful tropical libations. Our resort provides complete concierge services, handicapped facilities and non-smoking rooms. We are the perfect venue for a conference, meeting or event providing a total of 7,000 sq. ft of indoor meeting space as well as lovely outdoor venues poolside or on the verandah. We offer the guests complimentary shuttle service to historic Old Town, Key West Golf Course, Smathers Beach and as needed service to the Key West International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort