Stayed here for 3 nights and could have easily stayed there longer, as we had a nice time.
Great location not far from Duval street. The shuttle service works good although it was very busy during the day and evening. At one point some hotel guests had to stand in the bus as there weren't enough seats. Next night they had two shuttles driving back from town. Bob, one of the drivers made us feel very welcome with a quick history lesson driving around and pop quiz'es with cookies as prizes!
The hotel equally made us feel welcome. Check in went quick with cookies being handed out at the end. In the lobby area there are plenty of chairs to sit in. The aquarium in the lobby is truly beautiful, worth a look! Throughout our stay, staff were polite and would always say hi wherever we went.
Our room was nice, facing a quiet parking lot. The hotel is close to the airport with planes passing by. I personally love planes so I didn't have a problem with this. If you however hate planes taking off, make sure to let reception know and they might be able to move you to a more quiet room. (we were in room 301 I think)
Our room had a great bed, flat screen and a good sized bathroom. We found are room to be very clean.
Pool area was great with staff giving out free ice water and really looking after you.
The jacuzzi was really nice and warm. Probably the warmest jacuzzi I've ever been in.
Business room was free to use and had a fax and printer. Nothing too fancy, but does the job.
Apart from some snack by the pool or bar we never ate breakfast/dinner at the hotel. Instead we ended up eating out.
My verdict: this is a hotel worth staying at. Rooms are nice, staff are friendly and I would really like to come back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort offers a West Indies casually elegant cottage decor with our 216 guest rooms and suites designed to accommodate both the business and leisure traveler. Guest rooms feature high speed Internet access, mini-fridge, coffee maker and much more. Our resort features a free-form zero-entry outdoor pool with waterfall, a Jacuzzi, exercise and weight room. A variety of Florida Keys outdoor recreation activities include sailing, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, parasailing golf, tennis, sightseeing and more. We offer the finest in casual dining at our Palm Haven Restaurant with outdoor seating available on the Osprey Veranda. Gumbo Limbo Poolside Bar features signature martinis, frozen specialties and other flavorful tropical libations. Our resort provides complete concierge services, handicapped facilities and non-smoking rooms. We are the perfect venue for a conference, meeting or event providing a total of 7,000 sq. ft of indoor meeting space as well as lovely outdoor venues poolside or on the verandah. We offer the guests complimentary shuttle service to historic Old Town, Key West Golf Course, Smathers Beach and as needed service to the Key West International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort