After searching many hotels in the Key West area before booking our Key West vacation the week of October 8, we decided on The Doubletree by Hilton and feel that we made an excellent choice! We were fortunate to have been upgraded from a King Size room to a Junior Suite overlooking the pool. (I did put in a request to book a room overlooking the pool, if possible, and my request was honored.) The room was spacious and clean and the property, including the pool area, was beautiful! The free shuttle bus was great, taking us back and forth to Duval Street daily. The only problem we had the whole trip was minor - we couldn't get our key cards to open up the door to our room after the housekeeping staff cleaned our room one day. The front desk attempted to take care of the problem the best they could, sending the maintenance man to put in a new battery, but the same thing happened the next day. They apologized and gave us extra cookies as we were leaving to ease our minor pain and we appreciated their concern. (Some people would have been upset by this, but we realize these things happen.)
We definitely plan to stay at this wonderful hotel the next time we come back to Key West!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort offers a West Indies casually elegant cottage decor with our 216 guest rooms and suites designed to accommodate both the business and leisure traveler. Guest rooms feature high speed Internet access, mini-fridge, coffee maker and much more. Our resort features a free-form zero-entry outdoor pool with waterfall, a Jacuzzi, exercise and weight room. A variety of Florida Keys outdoor recreation activities include sailing, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, parasailing golf, tennis, sightseeing and more. We offer the finest in casual dining at our Palm Haven Restaurant with outdoor seating available on the Osprey Veranda. Gumbo Limbo Poolside Bar features signature martinis, frozen specialties and other flavorful tropical libations. Our resort provides complete concierge services, handicapped facilities and non-smoking rooms. We are the perfect venue for a conference, meeting or event providing a total of 7,000 sq. ft of indoor meeting space as well as lovely outdoor venues poolside or on the verandah. We offer the guests complimentary shuttle service to historic Old Town, Key West Golf Course, Smathers Beach and as needed service to the Key West International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort