“Great place to enjoy and relax” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   3990 S Roosevelt Blvd, Key West, FL 33040   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 20%
Ranked #26 of 45 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rome, Italy
“Great place to enjoy and relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent our last holiday in key west, having break days in key west.
Place Was amazing, employees really kind, we really reccomend this hotel.
The bus service running every hour from the hotel to down town and viceversa Was a big and welcome surprice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just returned from our first trip to Key West which we stayed at the Double Tree Grand Key West. The hotel and amenities are much better then pictured on the website. The lobby and pool area are really nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, comfortable and inviting. I especially liked the rooms overlooking the pool area. All amenities which you would expect such as coffe maker, small fridge, hair dryer, iron, ironing board and robes were included. The hotel even has a self service washer/dryer located on the 2nd floor which was a nice touch. Towels are provided at the pool area. The hotel is further away from Old Town and Duval Street then I expected, but they offer a free shuttle service to the areas. I would suggest offering the shuttle service a bit more frequently since once you miss one, you have to wait. I would also suggest a free continental breakfast at this type of establishment since again, the restaurants and such were a shuttle and/or cab ride away. However, I enjoyed my stay very much and will definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WeCareInKeyWest, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to post such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon !
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My fiance and I decided to take a quick 3 hour drive to get away from the hustle and bustle of Miami. We excitedly looked forward to a romantic keys weekend. I called the hotel on our way to and was told there were no rooms avaliable for upgrades via Hilton Honors program. I also asked upon our arrival but was told they were at 100% occupancy. I completely understand that as that is typical of all awards programs. Here comes the fun part. As we made our way to the elevator. (There are two - one on each side of the lobby)..we found the elevator was in front of the housekeeping/kitchen area and then had to listen to two of the hotel employees having a very vulgar conversation in front of us. Once we took the elevator to our floor, we approached the room door, and noticed it had ants crawling on it. We entered our room and were greeted by a moldy smell. I called the front desk to complain and was told there was nothing they could do about it that they had no avaliable rooms that we could move in to. At this point, I'm really beyond disgusted. I go check out the rest of the room and find the tile in the bathroom is cracked and the tub has rust water stains. I placed my cosmetic bag on the sink counter and 5 minutes later ..ants are crawling on it. I call the front desk again and they had someone come and spray RAID in our room. Didn't help much as the next day the ants were back. I was told by an employee that ants are a recurring problem in this hotel due to the cookies they give at check in. NEWS FLASH-I've stayed at plenty of cookie giving Double Trees and have never had an ant problem in my room. My biggest frustration was that I was told by Hilton customer care that someone from the hotel management would call me within 72 hours. It's been well over 72 hours and my phone has yet to ring. The way to keep guests coming back to a property is to give them two things a clean room and good service...we received neither!!! I will say the only positive experience from this hotel was the breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WeCareInKeyWest, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I understand how much you were looking forward to a relaxing weekend and I apologize that we couldn’t meet your expectations. We work with a local pest control company to rectify any pest issues. Please rest assured, we have addressed the issue and are closely monitoring the situation. I’m also working with our maintenance team regarding the undesirable smell you encountered and repairing the tile cracks. I’m speaking with our front desk team about the inconsistent information you received and delay in getting back to you.

Please contact me so I can gather more details and help make things right.

Michael Knowles, General Manager
888-310-1540
private
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The lobby and pool area are beautiful. There is a shuttle that takes you around key west which was very convenient! Staff were all so nice and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We had cable and enjoyed that after a long day of swimming and shopping.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Doubletree on three separate occasions now and the service, cleanliness and relaxing, friendly atmosphere are firm and consistent. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The rooms have all of the usual amenities including hairdryers, coffee makers, iron, ironing board and bath robes. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I have yet to come across an unhappy face during any of my stays here. The pool area is beautiful, large and very comfortable. If you are lucky, you may catch a glimpse of one of the Iguanas that call the palm trees at the pool home. You can have food or dink from the kitchen and restaurant brought right down to you while sunbathing in the beautiful key west sun. The attendants and waiters are attentive and will keep your pool towels and drinks fresh. The food at the hotel is also top notch. The menu is fairly basic but I have yet to receive a bad meal from this kitchen. The resort is a few miles away from all the action on Duval but a free, hourly shuttle if offered by the hotel to get you to and from all the action. The property is beautifully maintained and very close to a walkway right along the water that leads right to Smather's beach, which makes for an amazing run or bike ride for the fitness buff. The beautiful rooms, friendly staff, large pool area and relaxing atmosphere make for a comfortable, relaxing stay. This resort definitely gives you all the bang for your buck that you need for a smooth, relaxing stay.

Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very nice. Overall near everything. No complaints really. Average hotel with free breakfast for a quick stay on the keys. Relaxing. Free parking I believe, spent 4 nights there. Enjoyed the local beaches. Great pool! Great outside massage by a woman. Excellent spa service.

Room Tip: Outside balcony near pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel in November.

Angel checked us in and he was perfect, our room wasn't ready but he gave us a choice of what was available and comp'd our breakfasts and parking for our stay, really friendly guy.

Room was large, kingsize bed, small fridge, safe, lcd tv, nice and clean and everything worked.

Pool and cabana's were nice and never too busy.

Breakfast had a basic selection, not sure it would be worth the $17ish dollars but as it was free no complaints!

Shuttle bus takes you into Key West itself and this was always busy, sometimes couldn't get on the first shuttle but they do run another in those cases, they run on the hour into town and 20 past out from town.

Nice hotel would stay again if in the area.