My fiance and I decided to take a quick 3 hour drive to get away from the hustle and bustle of Miami. We excitedly looked forward to a romantic keys weekend. I called the hotel on our way to and was told there were no rooms avaliable for upgrades via Hilton Honors program. I also asked upon our arrival but was told they were at 100% occupancy. I completely understand that as that is typical of all awards programs. Here comes the fun part. As we made our way to the elevator. (There are two - one on each side of the lobby)..we found the elevator was in front of the housekeeping/kitchen area and then had to listen to two of the hotel employees having a very vulgar conversation in front of us. Once we took the elevator to our floor, we approached the room door, and noticed it had ants crawling on it. We entered our room and were greeted by a moldy smell. I called the front desk to complain and was told there was nothing they could do about it that they had no avaliable rooms that we could move in to. At this point, I'm really beyond disgusted. I go check out the rest of the room and find the tile in the bathroom is cracked and the tub has rust water stains. I placed my cosmetic bag on the sink counter and 5 minutes later ..ants are crawling on it. I call the front desk again and they had someone come and spray RAID in our room. Didn't help much as the next day the ants were back. I was told by an employee that ants are a recurring problem in this hotel due to the cookies they give at check in. NEWS FLASH-I've stayed at plenty of cookie giving Double Trees and have never had an ant problem in my room. My biggest frustration was that I was told by Hilton customer care that someone from the hotel management would call me within 72 hours. It's been well over 72 hours and my phone has yet to ring. The way to keep guests coming back to a property is to give them two things a clean room and good service...we received neither!!! I will say the only positive experience from this hotel was the breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort offers a West Indies casually elegant cottage decor with our 216 guest rooms and suites designed to accommodate both the business and leisure traveler. Guest rooms feature high speed Internet access, mini-fridge, coffee maker and much more. Our resort features a free-form zero-entry outdoor pool with waterfall, a Jacuzzi, exercise and weight room. A variety of Florida Keys outdoor recreation activities include sailing, scuba, snorkeling, fishing, kayaking, parasailing golf, tennis, sightseeing and more. We offer the finest in casual dining at our Palm Haven Restaurant with outdoor seating available on the Osprey Veranda. Gumbo Limbo Poolside Bar features signature martinis, frozen specialties and other flavorful tropical libations. Our resort provides complete concierge services, handicapped facilities and non-smoking rooms. We are the perfect venue for a conference, meeting or event providing a total of 7,000 sq. ft of indoor meeting space as well as lovely outdoor venues poolside or on the verandah. We offer the guests complimentary shuttle service to historic Old Town, Key West Golf Course, Smathers Beach and as needed service to the Key West International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Grand Key Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Grand Key Hotel Key West
- Doubletree Grand Key Resort