“Very clean, very friendly staff, fabulous pool!!” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Folkston, Georgia
“Very clean, very friendly staff, fabulous pool!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a very nice stay with the family. The trolley picked us up in the parking lot. Our room was nice and clean with a great view of the beautiful pool. It was kind of far from the beach but for the value it didnt really matter.We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed June 2013
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Glad to hear you had fun. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Pell City, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Adequate but not great, free breakfast is really good, makes up for what is lacking. Beds are comfortable, AC is very noisy and very loud. Fairly secure property. Nice pool and bar. Located mid way on island, no view but easy to get where you want to go and return.

Room Tip: There are no ground floor rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry if the room was too small for your needs. I certainly appreciate your feedback!
Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

we had a King bed studio for our anniversary weekend! The building is so cute and the room was the perfect size there is a mini frig and microwave. Rooms were extremely clean. Free breakfast and a beautiful pool! Location is near eats, grocery and attractions. Only 2 miles from Duval street! 1 mile from publix, kmart, and a dollar tree (everything is $1). I recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2013
Happy Anniversary again! Thanks for taking the time to respond!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rooms are clean and well kept. Needs to be updated. Staff was nice. Pool was good. You should know that with the road construction going on right now you would need to take a $15-20 taxi ride into town. Includes free covered parking which is a huge bonus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the detailed review. Much appreciated!
Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice quiet place. Nice pool area. Great Free breakfast buffet! Parking on site is limited so make sure you are back at the hotel early so you get a spot. A lot of construction on the main road the hotel faces but even without the construction there is ZERO view. Pretty clean room until I scooted the bed and there was dust bunnies everywhere. Friendly staff. Rooms were expensive but scored a deal online to pay half price. Overall not bad but not great.

Room Tip: The two double bed is too small for a family of four. Look for a suite instead.
Green Features: They asked to recycle towels which is always good practice but other then that didn't really noticed anything else.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am sorry if the room was too small for your needs. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Arrived at front desk, which is a separate building than the hotel. The staff was very nice and gave me a map with local attractions. The hotel feels more like a motel. The entrance to the rooms face a long hallway that is exposed to the exterior. The room was small, but clean. Walls are painted a light blue and the walls near the bathroom are a bright yellow. The room had a flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. I was very dissapointed with the AC. The AC was lowered to 65, but felt like it was 80 degrees. It was also extremely loud and the vents rattled. (Bring earplugs). We had 2 double beds that were comfortable. The towels both in the room and the pool were old and could use bleaching. The pool was very nice and clean. I think it was the highlight of the stay. Breakfast was included & the variety was great. I had a little of everything...waffles with whipped cream, fruit, cereal, eggs, yogurt & juice. The staff was extremely nice and went out of their way to offer coffee and anything else that we needed.

• Stayed August 2013
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here in Feb 15-17, 2013...I know, I should have reviewed earlier, but I remembered I hadn't down that yet when thinking about a return trip to key West! My girlfriend and I decided at the last minute to tack a weekend in Key West onto out Disney World/Miami trip. it ended up being the best part of the trip! We drove in from Miami through some pretty serious rain, but about 10 minutes out from Key West it cleared up. When we got to the Fairfield all we wanted to do was drop our stuff and find something to eat. Check in was smooth and efficient, and we were in our room within 5 minutes! I was ready for dinner in about 10 minutes but she need a bit to get ready so I hit the tiki bar by the pool. The bartender Wink was one of the most genuine and friendly people I have ever met in the service industry! That is saying a lot considering I've worked in hotels/restaurants/bars for the better part of 20 years!! Poured me a drink, chatted for a bit as it was a quite night. He even managed to find me hockey highlights on the tv, as I was going through withdrawal from hockey being Canadian and such. The bar closed around 8, so no need to worry about late night carousers.

We hit the pool later in the evening. The temperature was just right! The lighting and the streaming water were a nice touch, and we had it to ourselves for about an hour. Kind of romantic. We drifted to sleep that night in a ridiculously comfy bed, dreaming of adventure the next day!

Morning...coffee!!! We are both caffeine junkies so this was a priority! We hit the buffet breakfast, after 2 cups of coffee each, and nommed on an assortment of fruits, yogurts, bagels, cereals, etc. There was a waffle making station, so that happened! I burnt my first one. The staff were super polite and accommodating, even to my jokester laissez faire attitude! Breakfast on the pool deck was kind of perfect, considering back home it was -30C/-22F!! We headed out to explore the island after breakfast, taking our car. Bad move....parking is almost impossible in Key West. We had free parking at the hotel, and should have used the scooter rental place beside the pool! Very handy, and definitely going to be used next trip! Came back to drop off our purchases before dinner and the pool deck was about 1/2 full of people enjoying themselves! Had dinner reservations so off we went instead of relaxing by the pool. Got back a little late, but still had time for a late night swim. Hit the pillow very late after a perfect day in paradise!

Checkout the next day was smooth, but bittersweet....I didn't want to leave! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and look forward to coming back in February, as the girlfriend and I are beginning planning a return trip! It is close enough to enjoy everything you can want to do in key West, but far enough away that you can have a distraction free relaxing time....I never even heard a rooster! ;)

Room Tip: We were in the east building facing the pool...perfect location! Our balcony was right over the tiki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am really glad that your last minute decision paid off. We agree that Wink is an invaluable asset to our team. Thank you very much!

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West? Share your experiences!