“Comfortable, accomodating, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
united kingdom
“Comfortable, accomodating, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights earlier in May, with friends. It is a 5 minute drive to Mallory Square, and the current road works around Key West can confuse you a little. But it is all worthwhile. The staff are super-friendly, and really look happy to be helping you. The breakfast (buffet style) is available on a delightful covered verandah overlooking the pool, and although I heard a couple of moans (from Americans) about there not being a cooked breakfast, for us (from Europe), there was more than enough choice. Yoghurts, fresh fruits, lots of little pastries and cakes, toast, waffles, fruit juice etc. I couldn't work the hot water for tea, and immediately someone came up and showed me how to do it. And later on another member of staff came around, offered coffee and brought it to me. Really thoughtful service.

We had a drink at the bar one evening before going off to see the sun set, and because the wine of my choice wasn't available, the barman gave me an extra drink, at no cost. We had also messed up the original booking, and the front office staff really went out of their way to sort things out for us. Gold stars all around!

The hotel itself is laid out around a lovely pool. The room was absolutely fine, clean, with all the usual amenities, good quality linen and towels etc. And the plantation shutters on the window mean you have both light and privacy. The parking is great because it is mainly undercover, so no boiling hot car to get into in the morning.

Hotels in Key West are always on the expensive side. This is one of the less expensive, and really good value for money, given the location. Weekends are more expensive, so if you can, try to be there during the week.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms on the 1st floor (2nd level) are best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comments. I am really glad that you felt we were a value. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

A nice long weekend getaway to Key West was enhanced by the staff at this hotel. Each morning they started our day with a friendly smile and a nice breakfast buffet. I lok forward to coming back and will ask for a suite with a balcony overlooking the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite overlooking the pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks very much! See you next visit!
Key West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I manage a local business here in Key West and we use the Fairfield Inn regularly for our corporate visitors as well as my personal family and friends that visit Key West. From the first property tour to the last time my friends stayed there this place has always provided a relaxed seclusion the moment you enter the lobby doors. During my Directors last visit I met her for breakfast on site as we discussed some business stuff and I got the pleasure of meeting Mr. Nick Durso in person who usually handles my accomodations over the phone. This guy is just awsome. I believe he is in charge of general sales, but he has always accomodated any special requests I have asked for in regards to both my business and personal guests. Koodos to this guy! Its hard to walk by the pool setting without just wanting to jump in. I highly recomend this place for its ambiance and its staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate our partnership and your loyalty. We also agree that Nick is an invaluable asset to our operation. Thanks again for your feedback!
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days in the beginning of May. The front desk staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The pool area is absolutely wonderful, as is the Tiki Bar adjacent to the pool, and the bartenders, Pete and Wink, are locals who gave us some great advice on places to visit and eat. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but the hotel does have a daily breakfast served, which we took full advantage of. It truly makes you feel as if you are at a tropical resort. The room was nice and clean as well. The hotel is not close to the action on Duval Street - Key West's main drag - so we just took a cab back and forth. All in all, we would definitely stay here again on our next Key West excursion!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We don't do a lot of extended stay travel so it was especially nice to hear from someone that had plenty of time to review our services. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. Much appreciated!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Traveling on business, enjoyed staying at this hotel, enjoy this hotel chain throughout Florida. Lucky Rewards member received an upgrade to a wonderful suite with a balcony overlooking the pool, my opinion...best room in the establishment. Loved the view, the location, the western exposure for sunset. Even received 2 for 1 drink coupon for their poolside Tiki bar. In the morning there was free hot breakfast and it was good. I would have preferred fresh cooked eggs and bacon, but the breakfast sandwiches and homemade waffles were good. Staff was very kind and accommodating for this trip. Thank you.

Room Tip: Try to get the Suites facing West overlooking the pool - they have nice balconies and nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It sounds like you had a great experience all around. Thank you for sharing!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

As a Marriott reward member my expectations of Marriott are higher. I had a choice between the Marriott resort and the Fairfield Inn during this excursion to the keys. I thought that since I wouldn't need many of the amenities offered through the resort, that the Fairfield Inn would be the best option. BOY, was I WRONG! I read many of the reviews previous but I thought they must have come from finicky people. WRONG again!! Upon check in I found the staff to be delightful. That ended there.
As we entered the room both my husband and I avoided immediate eye contact! The room is tiny, the dressing area/closet/bathroom are separated from the room by a half curtain??!! I haven't seen the likes of that since college. It made me giggle a bit.
After taking a shower and putting down a towel to absorb the excess water from the floor I realized just how DIRTY the floor was. The towel was a shade of grey/brown. GROSS. We used towels under our feet to get around the room when barefoot...if not our feet pads would have been black.
I called down to the front desk and asked if they had silverware/ eating utensils available...we picked up food on our way in and they forgot to pack utensils in our bag. I had to be put on hold 3 times, and spoke to 3 different people because the staff did NOT UNDERSTAND what I was looking for?? I was clear and concise in choice of wording. Fork and knife. I couldn't believe that was happening to me. My husband went down to the bar and back before the front desk could even find someone who understood what I was trying to achieve.
Speaking of the bar...the bartender, Pete, was one of the most unaccomodating bartenders I have ever had the opportunity to run into. I am pregnant and simply asked the bartender to fill my tumbler with ice and water. He let out a loud sigh and pointed to a jar of what was once ice water. I say once because the water is now warm. Then when my husband ordered his beverage Pete gave him a difficult time with his "2 for 1" coupon. We weren't asking for anything unusual. We ordered a strawberry daiquiri (which was the special of the day) and a shot a rum. Pete did not want to fulfill the order. He seemed confused as to how we would use the coupon and insisted on charging full price for the daiquiris instead of the special price as well as full price for the rum....our intention was for my husband to have 2 daiquiris and 2 rum shots. Seems easy enough to me on how to charge efficiently.
Like a cheap motel you have to check towels out for the pool at the front desk. If you don't return them and check them back in you are charged for them.
On our first morning, a Saturday, we were awaken at 5:30AM as the cleaning staff wheeled their utility carts past our room. One at a time and continuously for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Large clankingly loud utility carts.
This was a disappointing stay and it has changed my opinion of Marriott. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would surely never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am truly sorry that you left unhappy. I will certainly review your experience with our team. We appreciate your comments and feedback.
FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a last minute trip to Key West and all my usual choices for a place to stay were booked. We found a room at this location and booked it. I had made a special request and the staff wanted to be sure they got everything right called me 2 days before my arrival to verify my request. When we arrived check-in was quick and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable.
There was a nice pool with bar, and a large breakfast area as well. The staff here is absolutely excellent. This is close to all the attractions but far enough that at the end of the day you can relax in peace and quiet. They rent Electric cars, bikes and scooters on site. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am really glad that you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for your reply!

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West? Share your experiences!