“Great hotel for a relaxing vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great hotel for a relaxing vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days in the beginning of May. The front desk staff was very accommodating and very friendly. The pool area is absolutely wonderful, as is the Tiki Bar adjacent to the pool, and the bartenders, Pete and Wink, are locals who gave us some great advice on places to visit and eat. There is no restaurant at the hotel, but the hotel does have a daily breakfast served, which we took full advantage of. It truly makes you feel as if you are at a tropical resort. The room was nice and clean as well. The hotel is not close to the action on Duval Street - Key West's main drag - so we just took a cab back and forth. All in all, we would definitely stay here again on our next Key West excursion!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We don't do a lot of extended stay travel so it was especially nice to hear from someone that had plenty of time to review our services. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. Much appreciated!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Traveling on business, enjoyed staying at this hotel, enjoy this hotel chain throughout Florida. Lucky Rewards member received an upgrade to a wonderful suite with a balcony overlooking the pool, my opinion...best room in the establishment. Loved the view, the location, the western exposure for sunset. Even received 2 for 1 drink coupon for their poolside Tiki bar. In the morning there was free hot breakfast and it was good. I would have preferred fresh cooked eggs and bacon, but the breakfast sandwiches and homemade waffles were good. Staff was very kind and accommodating for this trip. Thank you.

Room Tip: Try to get the Suites facing West overlooking the pool - they have nice balconies and nice view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It sounds like you had a great experience all around. Thank you for sharing!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As a Marriott reward member my expectations of Marriott are higher. I had a choice between the Marriott resort and the Fairfield Inn during this excursion to the keys. I thought that since I wouldn't need many of the amenities offered through the resort, that the Fairfield Inn would be the best option. BOY, was I WRONG! I read many of the reviews previous but I thought they must have come from finicky people. WRONG again!! Upon check in I found the staff to be delightful. That ended there.
As we entered the room both my husband and I avoided immediate eye contact! The room is tiny, the dressing area/closet/bathroom are separated from the room by a half curtain??!! I haven't seen the likes of that since college. It made me giggle a bit.
After taking a shower and putting down a towel to absorb the excess water from the floor I realized just how DIRTY the floor was. The towel was a shade of grey/brown. GROSS. We used towels under our feet to get around the room when barefoot...if not our feet pads would have been black.
I called down to the front desk and asked if they had silverware/ eating utensils available...we picked up food on our way in and they forgot to pack utensils in our bag. I had to be put on hold 3 times, and spoke to 3 different people because the staff did NOT UNDERSTAND what I was looking for?? I was clear and concise in choice of wording. Fork and knife. I couldn't believe that was happening to me. My husband went down to the bar and back before the front desk could even find someone who understood what I was trying to achieve.
Speaking of the bar...the bartender, Pete, was one of the most unaccomodating bartenders I have ever had the opportunity to run into. I am pregnant and simply asked the bartender to fill my tumbler with ice and water. He let out a loud sigh and pointed to a jar of what was once ice water. I say once because the water is now warm. Then when my husband ordered his beverage Pete gave him a difficult time with his "2 for 1" coupon. We weren't asking for anything unusual. We ordered a strawberry daiquiri (which was the special of the day) and a shot a rum. Pete did not want to fulfill the order. He seemed confused as to how we would use the coupon and insisted on charging full price for the daiquiris instead of the special price as well as full price for the rum....our intention was for my husband to have 2 daiquiris and 2 rum shots. Seems easy enough to me on how to charge efficiently.
Like a cheap motel you have to check towels out for the pool at the front desk. If you don't return them and check them back in you are charged for them.
On our first morning, a Saturday, we were awaken at 5:30AM as the cleaning staff wheeled their utility carts past our room. One at a time and continuously for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Large clankingly loud utility carts.
This was a disappointing stay and it has changed my opinion of Marriott. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and would surely never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am truly sorry that you left unhappy. I will certainly review your experience with our team. We appreciate your comments and feedback.
FLORIDA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a last minute trip to Key West and all my usual choices for a place to stay were booked. We found a room at this location and booked it. I had made a special request and the staff wanted to be sure they got everything right called me 2 days before my arrival to verify my request. When we arrived check-in was quick and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable.
There was a nice pool with bar, and a large breakfast area as well. The staff here is absolutely excellent. This is close to all the attractions but far enough that at the end of the day you can relax in peace and quiet. They rent Electric cars, bikes and scooters on site. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am really glad that you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for your reply!
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

First let me start by saying I am a "Platinum Elite " Marriott Member and its not my first stay at a budget hotel...

My friend and I decided to take a mini weekend girls get a way vacation to Keys west and unwind.
We drove down Saturday April 28, 2013. And We were dumb founded. This room is a good maybe Days Inn Quality - $99.00 room . There is no way this is worth $239.00 no matter how many waffles you can digest in one sitting!
We asked for double beds and ended up in a King bed. The website clearly says rollaway beds available. They claim its against the law in Key West to have them.

There was a microwave stacked up on top of a mini refrigerator in the middele of the room, right next to an Armmoire that was fallng apart. The "dressing area" if you will had torn drapery sort of kinda on the side to give you privacy???. But the best part was the detached toilet. Everytime you sat on it you felt like you were going to fall off!Not to mention the hoffific CLUNK sound it made whe it fell back into place.

The next morning I checked into the Westin right off mallory Square for the SAME PRICE and we were teated like queens. Quality linens, starbucks coffee in the room , complimentary water bottles.

I am so dissapointed with this property ! My comapy and do a lot of business with Marriott and Im so surprised to see this property in such dissaray. I dont know where the other people commenting on this hotel have stayed in there travels before but, this is not what Marriott looks like and certianly should seriously take into considering a re-vamp of the whole place and staff!

The waffles were great for those who dont care about anything eles but stuffing your face in the morning.. the coffee was .. eh..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We certainly value your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to respond.
Central America
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are raised above the parking spaces, which I guess is to prevent flodding. They are a little small, at least the one we got. And they all lead to open aisles, which have a more motel feel than inn. The pool and breakfast areas are nice and a little less exposed to the high traffic street in front.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the detailed feedback. We will certainly take your comments under advisement. Best Regards!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here in April 2013. Customer service was very good, especially at the excellent breakfast taken either outside or under cover in case of rain. Unfortunately, as mentioned by others, the hotel is at a disadvantage with major roadworks outside on the main road leading to downtown, but by turning away from the sea there are other roads to get you there. The room was a bit smaller than expected but very clean and comfortable. The one thing that did puzzle us was that this is the first hotel we've stayed at that did not have any sort of plug in the bathroom basin, so it was impossible to fill the basin for washing or shaving. On enquiry we were told this was the case and there was no way of keeping water in the basin! The shower was lovely though! A highlight of this hotel is its pool. Very attractive, especially at night. Altogether a good place to stay and will be even better when the roadworks are completed and the bus service to downtown running again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry if the sink design wasn't convenient for you! I hope that everything else exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your input.