“Stay away!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Belleair Bluffs Fl
“Stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I travel for business quite extensively and I have to say that this is THE WORST Marriott property I've ever seen. I've stayed at Fairfield Inns before and realize that they are the lower end of the Marriott brand, but they have always been clean and comfortable. Don't let the website photos fool you. Although the pool and bar area appeared to be OK, my room was appalling. My spartan college dorm room in 1982 was a palace compared to this. Do they rent these rooms by the hour? I didn't even unpack my bags. I immediately called the Marriott reservation line and was thankfully able to get into the Courtyard down the street for $7.00 more per night. I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how this Fairfield Inn (it's more like a flea bag motel by the way) is operating under the Marriott name.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
I apologize if our hotel did not meet your expectations. Thank you for takling the time to share your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms were small, but that is what we expected from the reviews and pictures online, but other than that, there were no issues. Rooms were clean, beds were comfy, pool area/bar was WONDERFUL and relaxing. Breakfast was nice and spread out, never felt cramped standing in line. The breakfast attendants kept the area clean and were extremly friendly. Same with the front desk staff and the bar tenders at the bar. Loved the daily special, had it every day! My husband and I were able to walk to Duval Street from the hotel a few times and it really was not that bad of a walk at all. Considering all the eating and drinking you do in Key West, it was good for the both of us. We took a cab a few nights as well. We had a great time. I am at work now writing my review dreaming of being back poolside : )

Room Tip: Just know you are getting a smaller room with not much drawer/closet space. Go into your stay with t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I am very glad that our staff delivered a clean, comfortable, and friendly experience. Thank you for your response.
Linden, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Fairfield Inn, Key West. We chose this hotel because of Marriott's commitment to quality and we were not disappointed. The staff at the hotel were just outstanding, from the front desk, to the breakfast staff, to the househkeeping staff. Everyone greeted us with a smile and a positive attitude. The pool area is beautiful - great way to relax before or after your day, and they even have a Tiki Bar area by the pool that stays open until 8 pm. The Hop on/Hop off trolley makes a stop at the hotel as well so it makes it very convenient to reach Duval street and other points of interest in Key West.

Rooms are nicely appointed and done in a Caribbean theme. There is a sidewalk on both sides of the road so if you are ambitious, you can walk to Duval Street - only about 2 miles and an interesting walk (we did it with no problems). You can also rent bicycles at the hotel and it appears scooters as well.

Our only suggestion would be to add indoor/outdoor runners in the rooms (all the floors were tile so a bit noisier than we are used to, plus tile outside - you can hear everyone rolling their carts by).

Room Tip: Choose a high floor at the end towards Checkers restaurant (north end)- overlooks the pool and would...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We are very proud of our team. Thank you for the suggestions. Much appreciated.
sanibel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The staff of this hotel is very responsive to all the needs of the guests. No detail is left to chance.
It is very clean and well maintained. I will definitely chose this as my exclusive place to stay in Key West.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Clean, friendly, and well maintained is our creed. I am very glad that you felt that we hit the mark! Thanks very much!
Enfield, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Oct 2012. We found 2 previous reviews to be true. The A/C is very noisy, had some trouble sleeping because of it and there is only shutters on the window that allow privacy but let in light. They need to add the usual light blocking curtains. Everything else: pool ,food, room, parking,location, staff were perfect. The outstanding cleanliness is most important to us and we will definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you were not completely comfortable. We certainly appreciate the feedback regarding the a/c and windows. We will take your comments into consideration as we look for ways to improve and grow.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I chose Key West as our 1 Year Anniversary trip. The weekend landed on Parrot Heads weekend so most hotels on Duval street and in Downtown KW were booked. I found Fairfield Inn & Suites online, and after viewing their site and reading through the reviews, I decided they were a good choice. We were welcomed with colorful beads, and a welcome drink, which was a nice surprise. Our room was another surprise. It was smaller than expected; however, the king sized bed was huge, and very comfortable. The AC was very, very loud. And the location of the room was a disappointment. It faced the parking lot, which was right next to houses. The pool is very big (for Keys standard), and they offer pool towels, which is always appreciated. The breakfast is outstanding! They offer bagels, muffins, cereals...the usual, but then they also serve Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, and have 3 waffle makers. We ate breakfast there each morning and were satisfied till lunch time. We would drive to Duval during the day, and take a cab at night. It's just a 5 minute drive into town. Next time we hope to stay closer to Duval, or downtown; however, if nothing is available, we would go back to Fairfield. Our overall experience was great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the detailed feedback! We hope to see you again next visit!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel is kept nice and overall the stay was wonderful but the price didnt meet my expectations of the room. It was fairly small and the bathroom was tiny. Also while most hotels give you complimentary wifi this one only gives you 1 day to use it for free an still puts a $40 hold on your account for Internet usage. So while I reserved the hotel at one price when I showed up that's not the price they ran my card through for.

• Stayed November 2012
FFIKEYWESTGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites Key West, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I am really sorry that you didnt feel that we were a value. The WI FI is actually completely free. You just need to log in every 24 hours. The hold for $40 is just a security deposit. It allows our guests to charge at the Tiki Bar, Movies, Phone, etc. to their room. It will drop off a few days after check out depending on your bank's policies. The remaining amount should be exactly what you were quoted. We do have a sign explaining this on the front desk. Again, I am very sorry if we didnt get the message to you clearly. Thanks for responding!