“Loved the pool area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 40 hotels in Key West
Peterborough, Ontario
“Loved the pool area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Really enjoyed my week at the hotel, particularly around the beautifully landscaped pool. ?The floating pillows in the pool are heavenly once you can get up on one!! I could have stayed on one forever. Restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and helpful. Room cleanliness could be improved--a bandaid wrapper stayed on the floor the entire week despite daily "cleaning". Concierge a little pushy about booking everything through her and was annoyed I had booked my own bicycle before arriving. Unfortunately Roosevelt Blvd. is going to be torn up outside for the next two years, so it's not easy to get to the oceanside bike and walking path. The bike ride downtown was reasonable for anyone who is used to riding, it took about about 20-30 minutes. The ride along the water down the east side was particularly beautiful in the morning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time in responding and sharing your feedback. I will use your feedback as a training tool within our housekeeping department. We appreciate your business!

1,541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Polish first
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Key West in January 2013. The hotel is conveniently located off the US 1 Hwy and a walking distance from IHOP. The rooms are spacious, it was the first time we had a French door in the bathroom, it makes it feel very "presidential " when you exit the facility<G> The beds were very comfortable, so were the pillows of different softness/firmness. The selling feature of this hotel for us was the swimming pool - it is huge, like an oasis with the floating padsthat you can lay on and relax. It is surrounded by Palm trees and beautifully lit at night. Hot tub is very nice and there are little oisier gazeboes around the pool to have your drinks or chill out in the shade. The Tikki bar has happy hour from 4-6 and drinks were awesome. Staff is pleasant and accommodating, any issues get resolved quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your valuable feedback. We appreciate your business!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This motel-style building has recently undergone a renovation of both the rooms and common areas, but the staff seems unprepared or unwilling to step up their game.

The lobby is attractive and the pool area is large for Key West (claim to have the largest pool on the island). The guest rooms are small, but have also been updated with new everything as far as I could tell - furnishings, bathroom fixtures, LCD TV, linens, etc. The beds are reasonably comfortable and rooms are sufficiently insulated for sound from one another, however exterior entrances on some rooms means noise from the pool area or parking lot could be a problem - experienced a little of this during our stay.

The primary problem with this property is the staff not being up to their collective tasks. Door locks regularly malfunction according to staff (our lock hardware was replaced and was fine thereafter), housekeeping is late in the afternoon, no towels poolside... you get the idea.

As the other reviews demonstrate, any property charging more than $200 a night needs to have these services running smoothly to acheive a guest satisfaction level commensurate with the price tag. The Inn at Key West has the potential to be a true luxury boutique, but it isn't quite there yet.

Room Tip: Main building rooms have interior cooridors... More quiet and secure.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel as I feel your review is very helpful to us in improving our service here at the hotel. I actually printed your review and I am posting at our time clock so all of our associates can use this as motivation to be better at what we do!

Vail, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 4 days. When we arrived I was looking forward to a nice clean room. Well, there was a ton of hair in the tub and I had to ask 3 times to get the tub cleaned. They were there from the provisos guests. It was gross!! Then when the cleaning lady would come she would leave all wet towels on the floor from our pool day. She never cleaned. In fact she threw toothbrush and contacts for my eyes on the floor! Then I noticed the bathroom mirror was either broken or remove. I checked in to notice a rotting bathroom door with glue stains and no mirror. A little odd. Pretty sure there were bed bugs too!!!! My whole family left with bites all over our legs and shoulders. They were not from being outside! The only good part was the pool and the staff at the tiki bar. Besides that that's all they have going for them. I am so upset I wasted money on this hotel. I am NEVER one to complain!!!! I want the truth to be told and heard. I'm a single mother that takes one trip every couple years if that. I was told that their were safes in the rooms. There Was defiantly not one in mine! Oh and the bathroom towels had makeup and pubic hairs on the towels from the previous guests! I feel like I have been ripped off. :(......be advised to keep looking for a better hotel for a more affordable rate! This place is not worth it. I hate to say it but I'd hate for anyone to have my experience and feel like you lost money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jon H, General Manager at The Inn at Key West, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, however please remember that we have contacted you via Facebook and our Executive Housekeeper and Maintenance department fixed the issues in your guest room while you were here at the hotel. Please call me or email to discuss further if you wish.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Must unfortunately say that our experience of The Inn at Key West was a very dire disappointment from start to finish.

Most of the hotel's staff doesn't seem to have guest satisfaction in their vocabulary and almost seemed bothered when we asked them for advice about local tourist attractions (or where to have a decent breakfast for that matter). The internet connection is exceptionally slow, in fact one could hardly perform basic work-related tasks such as sending out emails.

The rooms are tired and very cramped, and in our bathroom the shower head was almost falling out of the wall. On top of this, the guest room door mechanism leaves plenty to be desired, once to the point where we almost got locked in to our room and had to call the reception to be let out!

Will never return to this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please reach out to me at the hotel or email so I can work with my team to improve our hotel.

Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice big clean pool....tiki bar area..good drinks. away from the noise of Duval Street. My only complaint was with the door keys..they either didnt work or worked sporatically. Went back to front desk 3 times..manager called and maint guy called and both came and were helpful but still had the problem after they left. No biggie, they need to change the locks. Room didnt get cleaned till after 5pm when we wanted to crash and take an hour power nap.Wish they had a jacuzzi.

Room Tip: ask for a pool-side room....accept nothing less.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time in responding and providing us with your valuable feedback. We have been working very hard to correct the key issues and we believe we are good to go at this point. We appreciate your business.

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

What an amazing vacation we had in Key West! The Inn at Key West is a great place to stay while you enjoy the sights and nightlife of Duval St. Great Cafe with food and bar service. Pool is amazing! Room is great, love the fridge and the restroom is very modern. Concierge did a great job of getting us lined up for the fun stuff on the water. Great service from entire hotel staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time and responding with your valuable feedback. We appreciate your business!

Jon Hosey

Been to The Inn at Key West? Share your experiences!