OK, I. like many others, read the reviews here, and was a bit skeptical before arrival. I'm happy to say that it appears that many folks are very hard to please. This is not a Marriott or a Hilton, so if that's what you expect, then book at the Marriott or Hilton.
What it is is a piece of the Florida Keys. When I travel, I enjoy soaking up the atmosphere of the surrounding area, and Banana Bay surely does that. The rooms have good sized balconies (about 4' X 12') and most overlook the pool area. The rooms were also large and, well, roomy. The 4 post bed had a mosquito net over it that my was thought was adorable. The TV worked, with plenty of cable channels. No, there is no WiFi in the rooms, but you come to the Keys to get away, and who doesn't have a data plan on their phone anyway?
The pool was spotless, and because this an adults only resort, there were no screaming kids. I like kids, I even have a few of my own, but I came without kids, and thoroughly enjoyed not having to listen to someone else's. That aspect alone was one of the best points of the entire long weekend.
Yeah, it's a couple of miles to Duval St, but a taxi is a flat rate $8/person, or you can rent a scooter or an electric car for your stay. There's a K-Mart, and a beautiful Publix grocery store within a five minute walk, so don't over pack. If you need anything, they have it all, including a liquor store.
Next time I fly down to Key West, this is where I'll be staying...unless I bring the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel situated directly on the Gulf of Mexico in a tropical garden setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Banana Bay Resort - Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banana Bay Resort - Key West Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Hotel Key West
- Banana Bay Key West