“The best fishing experience in the Keys!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 305 activities in Key West
Type: Boat Tours
Attraction Details
“The best fishing experience in the Keys!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011 via mobile

Captain Dan Zier is in my opinion the best captain in Key west. His knowledge on putting you on to the fish is second to none. He is kind, courteous and has a ton of experience in these waters. Also is an incredible freediver/spearo. They call him the ghost because the fish don't see him coming and then "thunk" If your looking to book a charter in The Keys definitely look up Captain Dan Zier and Second nature. Guaranteed to catch many species of fish. I'm from NY and if I'm looking to go fishing/diving I contact Capt Dan Zier.. You won't be disappointed! I can't wait to get back down there. Killer time for all! JG

Okeechobee, Florida
“Best fishing boat in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Capt. Dan and his mate Andrew provide A great fishing trip in Key West.We caught many varieties of fish on our trip including plenty of tasty Mutton Snapper.Key West Fishing Connection provides all tackle and help for you to catch the big ones.

Visited November 2010
Miami, Florida
“Best fishing experience of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I've been fishing with Captain Dan for 3 years now and I want to say as a tournament experienced fisherman that he is in an entirely different plane of existence than the rest of us. His ability to find fish and adapt to different conditions with a wide array of techniques is nothing short of awe inspiring. I have fished South Florida and the Keys on my own and with some of the most experienced people around and I want to be perfectly clear about something: IN ALL MY LIFE COLLECTIVELY I HAVE NEVER CAUGHT AS MANY POUNDS OF MUTTON SNAPPER AS I HAVE WITH CAPTAIN DAN IN ONE TRIP. If you think I am exaggerating I dare you to book a trip with him in June.

Oh yeah, and he catches staggering amounts of every other fish too.

Visited June 2010
Miami
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

There is no one that can stand toe to toe with Capt. Dan in KW when it comes to fishing. The most versatile prepared capt I've ever fished with that no matter what will put you on the fish. He thoroughly prepares his game plan with an a, b c option and I have never witnessed us make it past a. Charter this man now!!!!

Ben

Visited June 2010
Lancaster, Ohio
“It's all about the kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

My two children and I have fished with Captain Dan for the past two years. I always have the same few simple goals, and that is to enjoy time with my children, give them memories of spending time with their old man (and vise versa), teach/coach them, have fun, and to catch a fish or two. I have chartered several boats in Hawaii, North Carolina, Mexico, and Key West. Captain Dan embraces the purpose of our trip, and pours his heart and soul into it, and works endlessly until our goal is accomplished. Simply put, Captain Dan is the best.

Visited May 2011