“Simply marvelous!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
“Simply marvelous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Artist House is a fantastic B&B! Warm, cozy, friendly, beautiful and full of character are just a few words to describe the atmosphere here! And, it's only 2 blocks from Duval St! My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time, everyday(Fri-Mon) was perfect. The front desk staff (Laura) made our trip even more amazing with her helpful advice on places to eat and see. She was great! Our room was beautiful, breakfast was great and "Happy Hour" was very cool as well. We're already talking about a return trip back! The Artist House is not just a place to see and stay, but a great EXPERIENCE!!

Room Tip: The Parlor Suite is spacious and beautiful, however, it's in the front of the house and faces th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Artist_House_KW, Manager at Artist House, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
We're so happy to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we hope to see you again next time!

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have seen the Artist House on Eaten Street many times in my travels to Key West, and finally, I stayed there last week. I have never stayed at a more beautiful bed and breakfast, and my room was exquisite. The huge four poster bed was so comfortable, the fireplace and the wood furniture so very elegant. I felt like I was in a bygone era!! The owner and workers there were most helpful and recommended a great massage place, (best massage I ever had!!!), my favorite sunset cruise, a bakery across the street with scrumptious cupcakes, and were helpful for every question I had.
There was a great variety of food and fruit for the breakfast, so I started each morning eating very healthy there.
The Artist House - the most beautiful place I have ever stayed at!!!

Room Tip: Every room is easily acessible to breakfast and pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Artist_House_KW, Manager at Artist House, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We're so happy to read this! Thank you for staying with us...it was nice getting to know you and we're glad that you were still able to make it down despite Sandy!! We'll see you again soon!
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Artist House in May 2012 and had a wonderful time. We got to meet the innkeeper and other employee, but the best was Trevor who claims to know everything about Key West. He was fantastic and gave excellent advice when the options were too many. Our room was the first one on the left as you enter into the beautiful building and even though it was closest to the road, it was still nice and quiet. Breakfasts were great and we loved the evening drink sessions out on the patio. Location couldn't be better!

Room Tip: Look at all the pictures and decide which one you like most!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the great review and for being our guest! We're glad to hear that you liked Trevor's recommendations! Please come back again!
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I based my selection of this bed and breakfast on recent reviews, cost and location. I found these reviews did not dissappoint. This place was everything I read in the reviews and more!
A great find..friendly service..the room was extremely comfortable and conveniently located near Duval St. The happy hour and breakfast were excellent and the perfect opportunity to meet new friends. I will definitely return with my wife and tell my friends about this place.

Room Tip: Sun room has exterior entrance if you desire privacy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We sincerely appreciate the kind review! It was nice meeting you and we hope you've gotten your power back at home after Sandy! We look forward to your return, and meeting your wife! Thank you again, and see you soon!!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The Artist's house was a lovely treat for a first timer (me) and my boyfriend, (a seasoned veteran ;-) ) when we arrived in Key West on the final Saturday eve of Fantasy Fest. It was such a beautiful residence and well-maintained. They had a place for our bikes, next to the beautiful backyard garden, and enchanting Wallace Frost wallpaper in the main room/foyer. Laura was the manager on staff who greeted us, and who was tremendously accommodating despite our late arrival. parking was easy and close, breakfast in the backyard lovely, and they were even understanding when we had to cut out early (having reserved second night) and cutting us a break on the price. They didnt have to do this, and in my mind, is the kind of quality that makes a B&B one that I would like to visit again!

Room Tip: I think its the "Anne" room on the second floor that is the most beautiful.....
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice review! We're happy you stayed with us! Laura does love making our guests feel welcomed! We hope you can come back again soon!
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at Artist House Fantasyfest week. A great location less than a block from Duval. Very friendly staff and nice rooms. All looked good,,but if you looked closely , not that clean. Our floors were never swept all week,,nor was area rug vaccumed. Mirror stayed spotted all week,,,stuff like that. Also tiny ants in bathroom all week, and once in bedroom.
But aside from that,,decent price for the expensive week, and nice continental breakfsat out back each morning. And great location. Small pool / spa..really to small to enjoy. Would we go again...yes, Been to other places on Key West,,this is one of the better ones.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear late night revelers..or street traffic in morning definatly stay in a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. If there was anything in the room that you noticed, we do wish you would have brought it to our attention. We would gladly have addressed it immediately...especially considering the length of your stay! Our housekeeper, Aggie, works very hard to keep the entire house spotless, although rooms are a bit more challenging during Fantasy Fest. We’re happy to hear that this did not affect your opinion on the house and do hope you come back again!
Eagan, Mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Can't say enough about the Artist House, what a lovely place to stay! The rooms are all immaculate, warm and inviting. The staff was probably the most helpful and inviting we have ever encountered. Great recommendations, even had coupons ready for us. But the house itself, just gorgeous! Looking forward to our next visit. Don't know where we could find better!

Thanks to all!

Room Tip: I poked my nose in to all the rooms I could just to get a feel. They are all beautiful! The stairc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Such a great review...thank you! It means a lot to us! We're happy to hear you loved the house. Thank you for being our guests!

Been to Artist House? Share your experiences!