“What a great little find” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops
Attraction Details
Orange County
7 attraction reviews
“What a great little find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were just walking around Key West when we happened across Peppers of Key West.

What a great find.

If you like hot sauces this is the place. The prices are reasonable. The workers are knowledgable. The selection is incredible.

You pull up a chair at the hot sauce bar and they plop down a basket of chips in front of you and samples keep coming -- sweet, vinegary, peppery, you name it. We called it quits after about 20 samples. I have no idea when the young man -- Alfred -- would stop pouring. "And for you guys I have this one next," he kept saying.

Their house sauces are excellent, but they have everything imaginable.

When you leave your lips will be buring -- guaranteed.

Visited January 2013

Birmingham, AL
“A fun and spicy diversion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I stumbled across Peppers by accident. We peeked in and first saw the shelves and shelves of bottles (what a variety!). Then, we noticed the tasting bar, sat down, and enjoyed a tour of hot sauces by Alfred. He took us through a range of tastings from sweet/mildly hot to very hot and was really knowledgeable and entertaining. He suggested recipes and pairings of sauces with various meats or fishes. My husband, who loves the spice, tends to perspire copiously from his head when eating hot sauce. Alfred kindly provided him with paper towels and didn't even make fun of him (it WAS pretty funny). I had to quit before we got to the ghost pepper sauces, but I found ones I enjoyed to my surprise (I'm kind of a spice wimp). We wound up buying SEVEN bottles, including a Jamaican Jerk marinade, a sweet onion sauce, one with habeneros, and more. We had to ship them home, but it was worth it for the experience. It's really worth a trip.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Delicious and fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had lots of fun tasting many sauces and looking at all the fun bottles. The girl suggesting the sauces was nice and knowledgeable.
A great experience! We look foward to bbqs at home using all of our delicious sauces.

Fremont, California
84 attraction reviews
“A must do in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is one of the best special things to do in Key West. This store is across from the Hyatt. They have a sauce tasting bar, where you can sample sauces for free. They provide chips. Be sure to bring your own drinks, or you have to buy them from their machine. The sauces they have include hot & sweet sauces, but also peanut butter & some jams. My wife & I spent over 30 minutes here & enjoyed the experience, ending up buying a variety of sauces. This was truly fun. My wife got to one of the hottest sauces, but I had to stop in the mild range. Our server Alfred was really helpful.

Florida
13 attraction reviews
“One of the best stops in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family was in Key West for a short port visit off a cruise ship. We stopped here expecting a few quick tastes of hot sauces, and instead got about 45 minutes of hilarious entertainment and sauces from the staff. Our teen son had a blast there, earned a button saying he's survived the hottest sauce they offered for tasting.
Not only is the staff great, the sauces are truly incredible. I highly recommend a visit!