“Exhilarating” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 325 Activities in Key West
Type: Water sports, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The BLUE ICE is a beautiful 47' Jeanneau Sailing yacht. She has been based out of Key West doing luxury Day sailing trips since 1998. We offer many options when choosing a key west sailing adventure. On our half day trip we have plenty of time to sail to the reef, do some snorkeling at our beautiful barrier reef, and enjoy some wonderful complimentary drinks and snacks. Our private sunset sails are also a very popular romantic choice. For extra fun, a full day is the one. All charters include complimentary beer, wine, champagne and assorted soft drinks. The captain and first mate will ensure your every need is taken care of. Make sure you do not miss what many call "The BEST part of our trip to Key West!"
“Exhilarating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Captain Bruce was fantastic as was Tina, his wife. They took us out mile on to the Atlantic and the Gulf waters where we sailed into the sunset with dolphins. Tracy and I did not want to go back to the docks and wished we could have kept sailing to the Bahamas!

We can't wait to do this event again.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Sunset Sail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Group of 6 business associates thoroughly enjoyed a sunset sail this weekend. Captain and crew member were most accommodating. Very interested in ensuring our satisfaction. Stiff wind ensured wonderful sailing experience.

Highly recommend not only sunset sail, but any one of the options the Blue Ice offers.

Visited February 2013
Palm City, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My family booked an all day charter on the Blue Ice; it was a great experience both for my two sisters and my parents who were also with us.We left busy Duval Street and ventured into the beautiful and peaceful waters of Key West, hoping to see dolphins...and we did! Captain Bruce and Ron were on board to tell us stories of the area which expanded our overall view of Key West and its surroundings. The winds were perfect that day and the boat was cruising! I was offered the chance to take over the helm which was awesome!! My husband played crew and helped ready the boat to come in.The crew had drinks and snacks for us and we brought sandwiches to eat from Albertsons. If you want an experience to remember Key West, the personalized experience we received from sailing the Blue ice was definitely worth it!

Visited November 2012
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Mike & I were married on the Blue Ice in April 2002. What a great way to experience a Key West sunset!!!

Visited April 2012
New York
11 attraction reviews
“AMAZING experience and wonderful sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was our first time using Blue Ice Sailing Charters and also our first time on a sailboat and I must say that the bar is raised VERY high for any other sails we do in other destinations or back home in NY. This trip was especially momentous for me as I proposed to my now fiance on our private sail. Capt. John and Ron went above and beyond to make sure we had the most enjoyable experience. They far exceeded our expectations. The sail was very relaxing with breathtaking views. We left from the pier and had the sail up minutes later sailing past our hotel (Ocean Key Resort & Spa), Mallory Square and Sunset Key. Capt. John is quite the historian who provided us with history of Key West, Fort Jefferson, the Dry Tortugas and Sunset Key which we enjoyed. We also explained how a sailboat sails and how to direct it with wind as well as the different components of a sailboat. The crew was extremely hospitable and friendly. During our sail we were offered complimentary beer, wine and champagne as well as a wonderful array of cheeses, crackers and some of the best fresh pineapple I have ever had. As the sun went down over the horizon I "popped" the question. Captain John and Ron knew beforehand the plan and they were able to capture the moment with some amazing photos taken as I got down on my knee. As this was such a special occasion for me I could not have asked for a better experience or crew. I would highly recommend Blue Ice for anyone traveling to Key West. I look forward to returning to Key West and sailing again. Thanks to Captain John, Ron and Bruce for an experience I will never forget! Job Well Done!

Visited May 2012