“A Must on KeyWest TO-DO List” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 304 activities in Key West
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: 2.5 hr. Guided Bicycle Tour of Old Key West. Experience a guided tour of the colorful history and characters of Key West on beach cruiser bikes without breaking a sweat. We'll bike to where Jimmy Buffett lived, wrote, first performed, and Margaritaville.•We'll visit top destinations like Captain Tony's, Sloppy Joe's, and Ernest Hemingway's House. We'll cruise by the Southernmost Point of the United States , just 90 miles north of Cuba.•We'll stop at the Famous Key West Cemetery, the final resting place to many of Key West's most colorful characters with epitaphs like "I told you I was sick!"•You'll learn about the history of when we seceeded from the USA to form the "Conch Republic", Henry Flagler's Overseas Railroad,Ship Wrecking and Pirates!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
jersey shore
“A Must on KeyWest TO-DO List”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

What a great day!! We shared our tour with a lovely couple from England and were lucky enough to have Kim as our tour guide. Her love of Key West was evident as she shared her knowledge of the history, architecture, colorful plant life, folklore and "flavor" of the island. Joining us was owner, Chris (self-proclaimed "old guy with the ponytail")...sharing his love and knowledge of the island as well as he filling us in on great Happy Hours and restaurants that we sampled during the week.The tour was leisurely paced with time for questions, photos and a delicious stop at Kermit's Key Lime Shoppe for tasty treats.
Welcome Home Hippie Chick - see you next year!!

Visited November 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I always have fun on tours but that day was especially fun because I could make jokes at Kim's expense! I'm happy you took some of my suggestions for happy hours and the like, I'm just surprised that I didn't run into you at one of them!

Can't wait to see you both back in Key West in week 42 of 2014!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
15 attraction reviews
“Key Lime Bike Tour Delivered”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I spent the day in Key West in Oct 2013. I wanted to get a nice history lesson of this area while getting some exercise in. Key Lime Bike Tours was the perfect match for this. Our guide was originally Pat who did a nice job of describing the history. About 30 minutes into the tour, an emergency situation took place and we ended up getting Chris as our guide. He gave us detailed info on The southern most point, Jimmy Buffet, Ernest Hemingway, the lighthouse, the fortresses to name a few things. Also, we stopped at a Key Lime Pie shop for some treats which just added to the experience. Will definitely be back

Visited October 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks for the nice review Maxim! While it's highly unusual for a guide to have to leave halfway through a tour I was happy to step in and finish. I'm glad you took the time to write, and we hope to see you back in Key West soon!
Park City, Utah
5 attraction reviews
“Disney Cruise Pit Stop, Good way to see Key West in a few hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

"Mike" Pat was our tour guide and did a great job of explaining the history of Key West. If you want to cover a lot of ground in a few hours, this is a good tour to cover a lot of ground if your short on time. I had about 5 hours in Key West from the pit stop on the Disney Cruise and found the Pat had good knowledge of Key West from a locals prospective Got some exercise, saw a lot, and enjoyed the cruising around. My 7 year old wasnt old enough (10 years is the minimum) so I did this by myself while the rest of the family ventured around Key West.

Visited October 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thanks so much for the review! You'll be happy to know that "Mike" Pat is now just Pat because I finally remembered to get him his name tag! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself on the tour, and I'm sure it was nice to get a break from all of the 7 year olds that were on your ship! Hopefully you'll get a chance to come back to Key West with just you're wife to enjoy all of the adult beverages on this island! If not, maybe I'll run into you on the slopes in Park City.
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Awesome tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was a great tour. Lee was a wonderful guide, and we had the added experience of having Christopher join our group part way through. We saw many different things on our leisurely ride, and we learned a lot about the history of Key West. Many things we would never have known if we had just been on our own. We thoroughly enjoyed our time, and as a travel agent I am planning on recommending this excursion to my clients. The Key Lime treats at the end were a delicious surprise. Anyone who can ride a bike can enjoy this excursion. We're planning to do this again the next time we are in Key West.

Visited October 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thanks for the great review! I always like a great review, but it carries a little added weight when it comes from a travel professional! Can't wait to see you both the next time you're in town. By the way, did you check out your picture on my facebook page?

Thanks again!
Chico, California
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have traveled to many places and usually read up on what to see when I get there. Half the time the places are not what they were billed to be. If you are going to Key West don't bother with the books, go on this tour. Chris was our guide and he gave a hugely entertaining and informational view of Key West. From the history to the current night life and day trip spots this tour gave us a perfect look at what makes Key West tick. Chris was funny and entertaining and the bike tour was easy and much better than sitting on a bus. And of course the Key Lime snacks at the end were awesome. Well worth it!

Visited September 2013
Christopher E, Owner at Key Lime Bike Tours, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thanks for the great review Joe! I had a great time with you and Debbie, and hope you both come back to Key West one day!