“Nice and New” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 41 hotels in Key West
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Nice and New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here with my kids and grandkids for 3 nites. The hotel itself is only 3 years old. The rooms are very nice and super clean. The hotel staff was friendly, although housekeeping doesnt speak much english. The pool is a little on the small side, but I wasnt there to use the pool much anyway. The grandkids loved it. They provide a continental breakfast, if you are into that. They also have free parking, fridge and Wi-Fi. Its not super far to Duval Street, but if you walk to the far end, and then back....its a hike. maybe get a scooter. There seemed to be plenty of parking for them. The only bad thing I can say is the hotel is rather pricey. But given the other good things, I guess I cant complain. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a small balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer S, Owner at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Bob S:

We are delighted that you and your entire family enjoyed your Key West getaway here at the Silver Palms Inn. We're happy to hear that the grand kids had a blast at the swimming pool and that the entire family enjoyed exploring all that Key West has to offer. We would love to see you again in the future. Please don't forget to mention our returning guest promo the next time you make reservations with us. The promotion will ensure that you get some really great savings. Thank you for staying with us!

844 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Kenansville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I just spent a week in Key West and stayed at the Silver Palms Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful at all times. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL and comfortable. The microwave and refrigerator were very convenient. The showers were large and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again when I return to Key West.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Donna S:

We truly appreciate the wonderful review that you left about your recent stay with us! We are happy to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed staying in one of our comfortable rooms. The next time you plan on visiting Key West again, please to not hesitate to give us a call. Make sure to mention our returning guest promotion to one of our agents and they can assist on getting the lowest rate possible. We look forward to seeing you again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a suite for the one night we were in town. The hotel is located just a few blocks from Duvall, and was centrally located for the things we wanted to do during our short stay, The room was decorated nicely and the bathroom, flooring, etc was updated. Our 12-year old son slept on the pull out couch, which was comfortable enough for one night. It was a nice memory foam type mattress, but was a little lumpy from being folded up. The king size bed was comfortable, but the linens were on the cheap side and pilled. If I had been staying for more than one night, i would have requested different linens.The rooms required a key be inserted near the door to keep the electricity running. A sign by the door said once removed the A/C would remain on, but that wasn't the case. The pool was nice and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was ok; I've had better. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Allibearcat:

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We'd like to apologize for the issue that you had with the sheets. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. This has been passed onto the staff to help to prevent a future similar occurrence. Once again, we'd like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we hope to see you again soon!
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I live in central Florida and travel to the Keys several times throughout the year. We first stayed at Silver Palms Inn back in March for my husband's birthday and had a fabulous experience then. The difference this time is we booked the hotel on Wednesday afternoon last minute for the 4th of July long weekend. The hotel was sold out for Friday night but open for Thursday and Saturday. So we took a risk and booked the two nights and said we would just figure out Friday night's hotel once we arrived. I called and received the 10% discount by booking directly and only took a minute since we were returning customers (all of my contact info was still in their system). The staff member, Kelvin was so friendly and put me on a waiting list just in case something opened Friday. Parking is free at the hotel but we had a trailer and jetski that we pulled down. We checked in and found out there is a grassy lot gated in next to the parking garage off of Margaret st where we were able to park our truck and trailer...again for free. This place just keeps getting better and better! Friday morning I called the front desk and staff member Peter said they had a room that opened and they were just waiting for my phone call because I was number one on the waiting list. We had to move rooms so he said just pack up your stuff, go jet skiing and when we get back all of our belongings will be in the new room! Sure enough we get back later in the afternoon, I picked up the new keys from Kelvin and walked right into our new room. Never have we had such an amazing experience with a hotel anywhere. This place is modern, clean and conveniently located three blocks from Duval. The breakfast is complimentary every morning and the pool area is trendily like a South Beach resort. We will absolutely come back to Silver Palms and highly recommend to anyone traveling to Key West! Thanks for such a fabulous experience and see you soon! -Kathleen O.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Katodowd0304:

Thank you for the incredible review! We're so happy you came back to visit us again for the holiday weekend. Kelvin and Peter were more than happy to be able to assist you with extending your stay. We truly appreciate our guests at the Silver Palms Inn. We also appreciate your future recommendations. Make sure you come back and visit us soon and don't forget the jet skis!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I rented out a good portion of the hotel for my sisters wedding. We received a nice discount for booking so many rooms. I however later learned that comes with a bit of a price. Lets start with the good though. The hotel was extremely clean and located near the quiet, in my opinion nice part of Duvall. I'm not much of a bar goer anymore so I like the wine bars and such more so than sloppy joes. However waking down towards the end of Duvall is a lot of fun and I recommend it. The water is so beautiful. Anyways, the hotel was very nice. The rooms were a decent size and everyone has their own little balcony which I thought was kinda cool. The pool was kinda small but very well maintained. The waterfall is sold as relaxing yet its actually kinda loud and is hard to talk over when hanging out in the pool. The beach chairs are fantastic. Super comfy and there are great umbrellas to lay under once you've had enough sun. They have bikes your can rent and you can park your car out of the sun too which is great. Parking and wi-fi are free which are great perks if you ask me. There is also a fridge in the room if you wanna bring some stuff back to the room. There is a CVS close and several liquor stores. Now for the treatment. When I checked in with my dad all is well. Same for my grandma, my aunt, my uncle and my aunt, and several close family friends. My dad and I drove down. My boyfriend was flying down on Wednesday. Let me state for the record as well that I am 30 years old and I pay my own way for everything. My parents are great people but I do not take their money. From the moment my boyfriend arrived we were given the run around about our room. We watched other people check in early and get rooms with no issue. People in my sisters wedding party were also given the run around. Funny that they are around my age too. All of us were forced to change rooms several times. So much so that on over a weeks vacation I was never able to actually unpack. I had to live out of my suitcase. I had my boyfriend even go and try to figure this out since he has a few years on me but he was given some excuse that the cheap rate forced us to get moved around. Yet no one else in my whole family were forced to move. Despite all the pluses it really drives me crazy to get pushed around simply because I'm younger. Paying $1,100 for my rooms I think warrants me some better respect than that. It is a shame because other than that I would totally stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't use a group rate
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Maura S:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that your sister chose the Silver Palms Inn for everyone's accommodations for her special day. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the time spent here in Key West however, I did want to clarify the issue that you had with having to move rooms during your stay. We know that you had arrived early and upon checking in, the room was not ready. Please understand that we try our very best to accommodate guests by checking them in before 3pm, which is normal check-in. It is unfortunate that sometimes things arise where we can't always do so. This was one of those instances for your reservation. We did apologize and in order to accommodate you, we did get you into an upgraded room at no additional charge right away. We knew it was important to get you into a room quickly because you had to get to the rehearsal dinner for your sister's wedding and we wanted to help any way that we could. Upon switching you to this room, we fully explained that the room that we switched you to was only available for the one night and that we would assist you in switching rooms the next day. Both you and your boyfriend were fine with this so it is disappointing to hear that it upset you. We only wish that you had come down to talk with us. When I personally spoke with your boyfriend the next morning he was very nice and understanding of the situation. Please know that your age was not a factor in your room being moved. We would never treat anyone differently due to their age or for any other reason for that matter. We really hope that this hasn't left a sour taste in your mouth about the Silver Palms Inn and that maybe one day in the future you'll give us another chance.
Anglesea NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed at the Silver Palms Inn f6/27-6/30/13. The whole experience was WONDERFUL, from booking right up unitl Check out. The rooms are clean, spacious and very nicely decorated. The beds are probably one of the most comfortable hotel beds I ever slept in. The continental breakfast that they place out every morning has a huge selection, cereal, oatmeal, granola, yogurt, hb eggs, cheese, bagels, pastries. The staff, it was like being in Disney World, everybody had a smile and a pleasant attitude. The pool area is also very nice. I seen people complaining about the size of the pool.....the pool maybe smaller....but so is the hotel. The location is perfectm, close enough to walk to just about everything and they have FREE PARKING. Now that I have Keys DIsease, I will be taking advantage of their returning guest discount each year!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jennifer S, General Manager at Silver Palms Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Kathy B:

We are so happy to hear that we helped to make your Key West experience wonderful! You've made the staff's heads so puffed up by comparing them to the staff at Disney! That is truly a great compliment and we all appreciate it. When guests go out of their way to recognize our hard work, it really means a lot to us. Although we always are looking for a cure, let's hope that there is never one for your 'Keys Disease" because we'd love to see you back here...SOON!!!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. We wanted something clean and reliable and maybe a little newer without paying the major brand name prices. We found the right place. The Silver Palms is on Truman (US-1) just a couple blocks from the quieter end of Duval Street. The hotel staff is a friendly as they get. They honored requests, made suggestions and we couldn’t ask for more in the Keys. The rooms seem new and very clean. They are decorated in Key West colors and furnishings right down to the plantation blinds (that don’t exactly black out the room for your late morning sleepers). The photos on the hotel web page are accurate. You should know the hotel and grounds are very straight forward. There is a massive courtyard for parking and where the pool area is located. There is no restaurant and no bar but your steps away from all that anyway. Nothing fancy but we didn’t go to hang out at the hotel. They do charge a $15 a night “service fee” that we can never seem to avoid in the Keys. I noted earlier that the hotel is within walking distance from the “quiet” end of Duval. This means that the sunset, Sloppy Joes, Mallory Square type places are a bit of a walk – a little over a mile. But if you like wandering the shops and are in no hurry, the walk isn’t bad. The other option is a cab. Just about every cab in KW charges $3 per passenger to go anywhere. Overall we liked this location a lot and we will return provided the rates stay competitive. We stayed in a Bed and Breakfast when we left this place and actually wished we had stayed at the Silver Palms the additional night. If you stay, make sure to check out the Green Parrott for an off the path great KW bar and we ate at “Better than Sex” dessert restaurant a block away. Check out my review for that one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GatorTraveler2011:

Thank you for choosing the Silver Palms Inn for your accommodations for you and your wife's trip to Key West! We are pleased to hear that you found so many aspects of your stay to your liking. We truly appreciate such passionate travelers staying with us. We noticed your comment about staying with us again providing our rates stay competitive. We promise that our rates will always be competitive with other lodging establishments in the Old Town area. For added value, please don't forget to mention our returning guest promotion when making your future reservations. It's our way of saying 'thank you' to our repeat guests. Hurry back and visit us soon! Paradise is waiting!

Been to Silver Palms Inn? Share your experiences!