“A Must Do!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 302 activities in Key West
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We have the only glass bottom Kayaks in Key West. Take a quick boat ride out to the National Wildlife Refuge for a guided tour around and through one of the many untouched mangrove islands. We often see such things as: a variety of birds, sharks, rays, turtles, lobster, crabs etc. Kayaking is followed by snorkeling in either a natural sponge garden, small boat wreck or coral reefs not visited by the larger companies. All ages are welcome. We love what we do and enjoy sharing it with others! *Private charters available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Concord NH
“A Must Do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 NEW

My husband and I spent the week in Key West and decided to book this trip for our last morning (and also our wedding anniversary!) before heading home. We've been down to Key West several times and so we were looking for something different to try on this trip. We weren't really sure what to expect, but this turned out to be one of the highlights, it was so much fun! We are still talking about it. Matt and Amy were relaxed, friendly, and informative. We never felt rushed and it was nice that there were only four of us on the excursion. I walked away from this feeling like I learned a lot. We saw several different types of fish, birds, etc. We will definitely be doing this again!

Key West, Florida, United States
“This is your Captain speaking...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 NEW

This is the first review I have ever left on Trip Advisor and it'll be just a bit one sided as I occasionally work for Clearly Unique as a Captain. Although Cleanly Unique provides exceptional service and an exciting adventure, this review is for the patrons I was fortunate enough to have met the past couple days. Amy, one of Clearly Uniques mates, and I had a trip with a family from Connecticut on August 12th and had such a fun trip we truly wanted to invite them out again. We saw everything thing from Bull sharks to turtles and enjoyed their company as much as the beautiful Key West weather and scenery. Today, August 13th, we were amazingly fortunate enough to have not only one, but two awesome trips with amazing customers back to back. A wonderful family from England... With Ben,Anna ..banana...a a cool couple of almost sisters.. The Bull Sharks visited the Kayak trip, along with a giant ray. nurse sharks were kind enough to poke their heads out on the snorkeling portion of the trip, and we were even lucky enough to have a visit and unexpected show from a family of dolphin. If you are fortunate enough to make it to Key West and have time for one adventure... Choose Clearly Unique. Tell them Captain Chance sent ya!!

5 attraction reviews
“An Excellent Outing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 NEW

My girlfriend and I were in Key West for the weekend and booked the trip in advance since they are one of the only groups with the see-through kayaks. The deckhand and guide let us know before we got on the boat that if we wanted we could buy ourselves some drinks for the boat (though they already had water and juice). We packed our own beer into their cooler and set out. A beautiful 10 minutes later we were at a rocky outcropping and they lowered the kayaks for us to get into. We ended up being 2 to a kayak which suited my girlfriend as she is not experienced. This leg had us kayak around the birds and to an island nearby. We then got a little tour of the ecosystem and then paddled back. We were lucky enough to see many fish and a baby hammerhead shark!

After getting back to the boat we moved to a new area for the snorkeling. Though I love kayaking, this was by far my favorite part of the trip. The area was so beautiful with many coral covered rocks swarming with fish and crawfish. I was... lucky/unlucky (?) enough to come face to face with a barracuda which scared the living daylights out of me... but simply swam off. When the guide tells you to do your own thing and not stay with the group... I would strongly suggest you listen... I had a blast snorkeling yet some of the group just stayed right off the boat and did not see too much.

The service was excellent, the captain was really nice and the tour is fun! There are snacks and drinks provided, though you can bring your own alcohol. I had a great time and would totally go back!

Visited July 2014
“OUTSTANDING day on the water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Matt and Amy were fantastic! My wife and I took our three children (16,13 & 8) out for the clear kayak and snorkeling trip and they have not stopped talking about it. Highlight of the week long trip that included fishing and other snorkeling trips. Definitely the way to go. Can not recommend enough.

Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Nice day, but misleading website”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I took my children (12, 16) on this tour and we had a nice day. However, we were mislead by the website. We were on a much smaller boat than is described on the website. If they are planning to run 2 boats (which it looks like they do now) - they should show it on the website as well. We were able to snorkel, kayak, and stand up paddle board which was very cool. However, we did not have a guided tour into the mangroves which was disappointing as well. With all this equipment on a smaller boat, it was tight quarters. I would recommend not paying advance for this trip and make sure you are the boat you want to be on before boarding and paying.

Visited August 2014
captmatth, Owner at Clearly Unique Charters, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for choosing Clearly Unique Charters! This reservation may have been made before the note was added to our website* **For the month of August, all trips will on our 24ft fully shaded power catamaran with groups of 6 or less*** This is the boat we generally use for private charters. After a very busy season myself and crew are really enjoying the small groups or individual families. We feel like we can really personalize the trip to the group on board and have fun with everyone ourselves! Maybe we got a little too relaxed with this family.(I thought we had a great time and a great trip) Sorry to disappoint. If there is something you want to experience that we are not providing please Speak Up!! With the small groups and faster boat we have the flexibility to add even more to our trip! Hope to see you again in the furture.