“Great Time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clearly Unique Charters

Clearly Unique Charters
231 Margaret Street, Directly behind Turtle Kraals at the end of "D" dock, Key West, FL 33040
+1 305-747-8651
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We have the only glass bottom Kayaks in Key West. Take a quick boat ride out to the National Wildlife Refuge for a guided tour around and through one of the many untouched mangrove islands. We often see such things as: a variety of birds, sharks, rays, turtles, lobster, crabs etc. Kayaking is followed by snorkeling in either a natural sponge garden, small boat wreck or coral reefs not visited by the larger companies. All ages are welcome. We love what we do and enjoy sharing it with others! *Private charters available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had the time of our life! The Captain Chris and First Mate Sam were knowledgeable and experienced in their jobs. The kayaking was awesome, tranquil and serene. We saw some great fish, corral as well as birds. They even rescued an injured turkey vulture that was floating in the water with a broken wing. We learned a great deal about the Marine life of the Florida keys. It was a most enjoyable afternoon. These men obviously love the water, the marine life and their jobs!

Visited December 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent excursion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We saw this excursion online and it looked better than the ones offered by Carnival. Chris and Sam were fantastic guides. The kayaking was very interesting as we paddled through the mangroves. Plenty of things to see including some stingrays and a few small sharks. We then travelled to another spot for some snorkeling. The water was nice and warm even though it was December. Overall a great trip that was well worth the money!

Worthington, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to spend time on the water!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Took the afternoon trip out to archer key. Beautiful weather, too cold to snorkel for me but I knew that going out. Most of the people did snorkel and said they saw some cool marine life. This was our second trip and was a relaxing way to start our vacation. Worthwhile trip and hoping to go again next year. Friendly crew and got good tips on where to hit happy hours. Thanks.

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went on a kayak/snorkelling charter with Chris and Sam. We had picked a quiet morning and we were the only couple to sign up. Nevertheless, Chris and Sam took us out. We absolutely enjoyed the kayaking, my wife and I were in a double kayak accompanied by Sam. Sam was not only very knowledgeable but also very interesting to talk to. We saw sharks, turtles and ospreys. After an hour or so we then went snorkelling to a wreck - very interesting indeed. I saw a lot of fish and a couple of harmless sharks. The whole morning was a complete joy and one of the highlights of our trip to The Keys.

1 Thank Martin_Doc
A TripAdvisor Member
“Greatest Eco tour I have EVER had in the keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have had eco tours before but this was great! Chris and Sam? Gave me a great tour at 2pm on Friday Nov 16th. It was a bit overcast and windy and had trepidation but BOY i am glad I went! The group was small and you get better attention with a smaller ship and you can get around things and closer.

The had us kayak directly thru the mangroves! how nice! I got to see a Night heron about 10ft away PSYCH! I also saw great herons, herons, ibis, cormorants and a nesting pair of ospreys with a nest HOW COOL! the fishes were out and small.

They took me to snorkle and gave a wetsuit which made it much warmer. Saw a stingray, a lobster, all sorts of fish, a few corals and sponges including a great sunset. 3 hours of fun and worth it. They had a snack tray drinks and very small restroom so all the necessities.

Highly recommend it!