“Unmissable!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 326 Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: We have the only glass bottom Kayaks in Key West. Take a quick boat ride out to the National Wildlife Refuge for a guided tour around and through one of the many untouched mangrove islands. We often see such things as: a variety of birds, sharks, rays, turtles, lobster, crabs etc. Kayaking is followed by snorkeling in either a natural sponge garden, small boat wreck or coral reefs not visited by the larger companies. All ages are welcome. We love what we do and enjoy sharing it with others! *Private charters available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Aberdeen
17 attraction reviews
“Unmissable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I went on a kayak/snorkelling charter with Chris and Sam. We had picked a quiet morning and we were the only couple to sign up. Nevertheless, Chris and Sam took us out. We absolutely enjoyed the kayaking, my wife and I were in a double kayak accompanied by Sam. Sam was not only very knowledgeable but also very interesting to talk to. We saw sharks, turtles and ospreys. After an hour or so we then went snorkelling to a wreck - very interesting indeed. I saw a lot of fish and a couple of harmless sharks. The whole morning was a complete joy and one of the highlights of our trip to The Keys.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Greatest Eco tour I have EVER had in the keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have had eco tours before but this was great! Chris and Sam? Gave me a great tour at 2pm on Friday Nov 16th. It was a bit overcast and windy and had trepidation but BOY i am glad I went! The group was small and you get better attention with a smaller ship and you can get around things and closer.

The had us kayak directly thru the mangroves! how nice! I got to see a Night heron about 10ft away PSYCH! I also saw great herons, herons, ibis, cormorants and a nesting pair of ospreys with a nest HOW COOL! the fishes were out and small.

They took me to snorkle and gave a wetsuit which made it much warmer. Saw a stingray, a lobster, all sorts of fish, a few corals and sponges including a great sunset. 3 hours of fun and worth it. They had a snack tray drinks and very small restroom so all the necessities.

Highly recommend it!

Visited November 2012
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“So Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I took a kayak/snorkel trip and had such a fun time!! The kayaks are see through which really makes the kayaking cool! Our guides Chris and Sam were great fun! Very knowledgeable about the area (which is beautiful and untouched) and super cool cats! I highly suggest you take this kayak tour! Thanks Fellas! You always got a spot to crash in Minnesota!

Visited November 2012
indiana
16 attraction reviews
“What a great afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Matt, Sam and Angie- what a great crew- great time kayaking, great stories....just a little cold for snorkeling but my husband braved it and was rewarded with a great experience. Friendly, fun, definitely worth it!

Manchester, New Hampshire
41 attraction reviews
“Not a lot to see”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I and another couple went on the snorkel then kayak adventure last week and I have to say I was not super impressed, they took us to a dead reef where we swam around and didnt see very many fish (one stingray) then we all jumped in the kayac and rowed around the edge of a mangrove "island" all we saw underneath the boat was seagrass. Then we got caught in a driving rain (not they're fault, I know) but once we got back to the boat it took so long to get going we were all freeezing standing there soaking wet. The first mate (I forget his name, sam maybe?) was really nice and you could tell he liked his job, the captain (matt I believe) on the other hand came of as pompous, he made sure to trash another business that has a high rating on trip adviser when we brought it up, it is a restaurant that has nothing to do with him but he felt they dont deserve the rating and made sure to let everyone know. I also was not a fan of him asking us for tips, I just find people who ask for tips to be classless.

Visited October 2012
captmatth, Guest Relations Manager at Clearly Unique Charters, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for choosing Clearly Unique Charters. I'm very sorry to hear your experience was less than impressive. We try very hard to provide a fun safe trip for all of our guests. Many factors go into choosing our locations for any given day. Weather, wind, currents and tides are a few. Also, ours is a back country eco-tour. We do not go out to the "reef", we do however visit various sponge gardens with patch coral or a small boat wreck or coral head. Our kayak portion is around and through one of many untouched mangrove islands. The sea grass around these islands provide food for turtles and manatee. They are also nurseries for small fish that provide hunting grounds for birds of prey, sharks and rays such as you saw. While we hope to see all of these creatures and more every trip, unfortunately we can't guarantee what wildlife will show up. We are very sorry your group was rained on. Even though we try our best to avoid it, the Hot balmy air around S.Florida is very conducive to pop up showers. Even though our boat is fully covered, Capt Matt did put every bodies personal belongs in the center cock pit to keep them safe and dry. He also had snacks and sodas for everyone to enjoy while he and Sam took care of the kayaks. What you may not have known is he delayed departure to allow everyone time to dry off, as the wind created by the boat in motion would add greatly to the "chill" factor. The irony of someone posting an opinion, on an opinion based web site, chastising someone for their opinion was not lost by me. This issue has been addressed and our crew will no longer be allowed to have them. Lastly, what many people may not know is, just like waiters, bartenders, and food venders, a large portion of ALL boat crews salary is dependent upon gratuity. Cruise ships, fishing, diving, sunset sails, para sailing etc. Just like waiters & bartenders, all boat crew are expected to deal with hundreds of personalities from many countries in a courteous manner. Also just like restaurants and street venders tips are optional. But unlike waiters, captains have to log many hours on the water to qualify for classes and testing, then many more hours of experience to get the necessary licence for our charter. Also, all crew must be CPR and basic first aid certified and pass drug tests. We are sorry you found this information un-classy, if you have a better way to inform our future guests, please let us know. Your opinion is important to us. Warmest regards, Clearly Unique Charters.