“Do It! For A Vegan-Friendly Sandwich or Bread” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 357 restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Bakery
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Delivery, Dessert
Description: All baked goods, soups, sandwiches are made from scratch on premises. We are take out only, we have no seats. Artisan breads, fresh croissants, danish, etc. WE DO NOT HAVE A SEATING AREA. All roasted meats for sandwiches and all soups are made in house. No seats (alright, we have a little bench outside BUT THAT IS IT!!) Real home cooking and baking. This bakery is takeout only. There is no seating area in this restaurant. We do have cheeses from all around the world but we don't have seats.
Tampa, Florida
“Do It! For A Vegan-Friendly Sandwich or Bread”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Great Vegan-sandwich on home-made artisan-bead with home-made hummus & veggies -- you get the picture :) And, with their excellent coffee + soy-milk, too. So, mid-morning, I take my excellent Vegan-sandwich + coffee and walk 1 1/2 blocks from Old Town Bakery's quiet side-street location, down to the waterfront and enjoy my Brunch while watching the boats on a beautiful Key West morning. Peace, tranquility, wonderful Vegan-sandwich with excellent coffee! Who could ask for more? BTW the folks at the Bakery are super friendly; and they remember you, too. Even if you've only visited a couple of times; they smile and recall what you ordered and enjoyed. I like the way they give me my coffee (I get regular coffee + extra shot of expresso + soy milk). The nice server starts making it before I come in the door and serves me my extra expresso in a cup along with a cute little pitcher containing my soy milk. No rush, no muss, no fuss; and all with a nice smile in a relaxed little shop. What a wonderful way to start my day! Puhleeese do not forget to order their artisan bread-of-the-day! They will tell you which are Vegan and which are not (French Baguette is always Vegan). Their breads are simply Excellent! Whether you are "Local" or "tourist" do yourself a huge favor and go there for breakfast or lunch. (Note that there is no place to sit -- so do like me & walk a block to the Waterfront and enjoy the food while watching Key West boats and harbor. It's fun!) Lunches can be sandwiches, soups, etc. Vegans like me will enjoy their Vegan-friendly breads and sandwiches (yes, they customize -- no prob! -- they make you happy). Carnivores? They "got you covered". If you like a cute out-of-the-way bakery & without the Drama -- then go and enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
Maryland
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This little place offers assorted fresh pastries, coffee, juice, gourmet cheese, and some sandwich options. We got a blueberry scone, an apple cobbler Danish, and a raspberry cheese Danish, and I enjoyed them all. The raspberries and cheese in particular were very fresh, and the dough on the Danishes was glazed and slightly crispy on the outside, flaky on the inside. It's a little pricey compared to what you might pick up at a grocery store--our selections averaged ~$2.50 each--but it's a quality, hand-crafted treat!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Key West, Florida
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Fresh juices, great espresso coffee, and home-made bakery delights. YUM! Employees are super friendly. A MUST TRY destination.

Visited June 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Fast and pretty good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Limited seating. The food was pretty darn good (the french dip and curry chicken). Pretty much just baked goods and sandwiches. The food was good, but have had better curried chicken.

Visited June 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had heard great things about the bakery and went for breakfast. To be fair, we didn't get any pastries and will know better next time. We had the only other thing they served which was the egg and cheese sandwich which you can have bacon or ham added to. Brioche bread was great. Next time we will come for pastries. Also, no seating, but you can sit at the picnic tables across the street at Paseo since they don't open till 11.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere