“Just what I was looking for” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Vegan, Vegetarian, Café, Organic
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Great deli / sandwich / juice shop within a health food store. Best vegetarian sandwiches / variety in Key West.
“Just what I was looking for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

From the great north and we were looking for a nutritious drink. We were sent to the sugar apple by some locals. They have a small cafe that we decided to have lunch in. It was great and the people working there were very helpful. I recommend it to anyone looking for a great lunch and the people working there all had a smile.

Lake Worth, Florida
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to Sugar Apple twice during my 4-day stay in Key West. Their cafe serves some of my favorite food on the Island (suits my vegan and gluten-free dietary needs). I got the marinated sun-dried tomato salad with plain tofu (the marinated kind it comes with has gluten, so be sure to specify if that's a no-no for you). It's such a great combination, one of the best salads I've had anywhere, and with the local flair of key lime vinaigrette: devine! The second time I came in, the owner gave me a sample of a gluten-free product he'd just gotten in--a very special treat indeed. I love supporting locally-owned businesses, and this health food store, where owner Phil can often be found behind the counter, is a lovely place indeed... check out the store and grab a smoothie, juice or vegan meal while you're there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Amazing deli and juice bar section, great staff!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Tasty, yummy, very very healthy (vegan) food options. A must visit place for health and budget conscious travellers.

• Visited December 2012
Brookline, New Hampshire
“great Juice Bar!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

loved the green juice! Conveniently located right off Duval on Simonton. If you can't find your supplements or a natural grocery item here, they will order for you. Very accommodating staff and great veggie lunch spot!

Visited December 2012
Houston
“Best Vegan Sandwich in Key West, Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I visited Key West in Nov 2012. This was our second time visiting and we were very excited about going back to Sugar Apple Juice Bar & Veggie Deli which is located inside of Sugar Apple Health Food Store. From our last trip here, we remembered how amazing the vegan sandwiches were. This time we tried the Vegetarian Italian Sub and our very favorite Smokey Tempeh Sandwich. Both were absolutely delicious, but there is something special about the Smokey Tempeh. Maybe it's the delicious tempeh, or the spicy and herby soy mayo? Could it be the amazing whole grain bread or fresh greens? or maybe it's all of the above. Do not miss out on this vegan sandwich. The location is small, but the food is amazing and made with love. But keep in mind they are only open from 11am to 4pm Mon-Sat.

• Visited November 2012