“Awful! Better watch Youtube Key West Mystery Videos...” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 247 Tours & Activities in Key West
Essen, Germany
10 attraction reviews
“Awful! Better watch Youtube Key West Mystery Videos...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We did the tour in the middle of November with a female guide (I don´t remember her name). It was boring and completely unprofessional- a waste of time, money (20$) and energy...
First of all-our guide was nice and friendly. But it was completely the wrong job for her...she spoke too fast and too quiet. Additonally she was missing two of her front teeth, I think. This factor and playing around with her lip piercing didn´t make it easier to follow her. And she didn´t have any entertaining or rhetoric skills...the guide just wore normal clothes; no costume or stuff like that.

The tour started between two noisy pubs with live music...so we could hear almost nothing of the introduction. The guide showed a book with some "mysterious" ghost pictures. It was hard to see the pictures because the spot where we were standing was not illuminated and the guide didn´t use a torch, but her cell phone with awkward movements...

At the second stop, I asked the guide to speak louder - she tried to, but it was not successful.

There were about 4-5 stops,where the guide told us some stories, we could not really follow...and this had nothing to do with our English skills...
Afterwards, we watched some Key West Videos on Youtube to understand the stories, the guide tried to tell us. This was even more interesting, mysterious and scary than the whole tour with Key West Ghost & Mysterious Tour. Better save your money and watch these videos or try the trolley tour.

I´m sorry to write such a bad review, but it was really a bad experience!!!

Visited November 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We love your story Ted and the way you tell them!! We get a lot of interesting historic facts as well. 90 minute really flies! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone.

Lawrence, Kansas
“Facts and Mysteries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went with a large group of friends to this tour. The tour itself was fun and exciting. Ted did a great job of telling history/facts first and then going into the ghost side of the stories. It was always neat to see pictures that others had taken as well, or pictures that went with the stories we were hearing. He was very prepared and ready to take us on the tour and you could tell he enjoyed giving these tours. He answered all questions seriously. Lastly, at the beginning we were told the strategies to be paranormal investigators ourselves, which at first I wasn't too sure about. BUT it was a lot of fun trying to capture things and also sharing with the group when we did. Our group got pretty lucky because we got to go into Club Chameleon.
I would recommend this tour to all because of how passionate our tour guide was, the interesting facts you learn on the tour, and the unexplained feelings and pictures you walk away with.
One thing, if you're paying with a card get their a little early. We didn't know this until we got there and they actually have to call in cards.

“A fun tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I did enjoy this tour. We got too see quite a few good places and even got to witness a small altercation ;-) still we had fun.

Hanover, Minnesota
“Awesome Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This was my first walking ghost tour. I would for sure go on it again. Ted was really good at the islands history and ghost stories. He really knows how to draw you in, good jokes too. I can't wait to come back again.