“Wonderful scene!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 303 Activities in Key West
Type: Health Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Great Yoga classes on the beach in both Key West FL and Cape Cod, MA
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful scene!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Great Hatha instructor, with a setting that we only see in travel magazines. Very well equipted yoga, includes mat, blocks and 90 minutes of instruction and a day pass to Ft Zackery. Try it you'll love it!

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to spend an hour in the morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

what a wonderful way to do yoga!

I went to the one at Southernmost Hotel on a Saturday morning. It was on a sandy patch right by the beach, the teacher provided mats, blanket to cover over the sand, block and strip. I thought the practice was suitable for all levels. The instructor was very friendly. The group was a mix of travelers that stayed at the hotel, other hotels and locals - 9 of us.

I practice yoga regularly but have never done it outdoor, let alone by the ocean, where you truly salute the sun! Was a rather enjoyable and relaxing practice.

Close your eyes, imagine the early morning sun shining through your eye lids, sea breeze touching your skin, soft sands supporting your back... Why not! Wish I could do it everyday.

Key West, Florida
24 attraction reviews
“There isn't anything better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my first attempt at yoga but I could not have picked a better setting. Not only is the scenery amazing (highlighted today with Dolphins offshore), but the waves lapping on the shore and the birds singing made it all sooooooooooooo wonderful. I was happy that the instructor was able to cater to all participants at all levels and as well as being attentive and instructive in helping us maintain proper form. It was more of a work out than I thought but not "over the top." I went because I have been having trouble with my knees and they felt amazing afterwards. I am definitely going back again and again. And oh yeah....the lavender pillow over the eyes at the end..............WOW! Cost is $18 per visit, but you can purchase multiple passes to make it less expensive. They supply mats if you don't have one. Just show up in shoes you can slip off and loose clothers. Great way to start the day....8:15 am M-F Fort Zach Park! ($2.50 to get in park but you can come back or stay)...You can see the Fort for an added bonus.

Indiana
“Great offering at Southernmost Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I really enjoyed this class at Southernmost Hotel. Bonnie was very welcoming. And can flex up to whatever intensity level students are.

Visited September 2012
Fairfax, Virgina
13 attraction reviews
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We read about Yoga on the Beach from TripAdvisor and decided to try it. The classes at the Fort were off for the low season, so we participated in a class at the Southernmost Hotel patio (we were staying at a different hotel but were not made to feel unwelcome at all). The ocean sounds and breeze were a perfect background for a yoga class. There were only three of us in the class that morning and we really felt the teacher was able to tailor the class to our preferred yoga style and level of effort for the day. Susan was a great instructor! We highly recommend this experience while in Key West.

Visited August 2012