“Many Navy Choices - choose carefully” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Lodge Key West

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Navy Lodge Key West
You added Navy Lodge Key West to your Saves list
Bldg 4114 Arthur Sawyer Rd, Key West Naval Air Station - Sigbee Park, Key West, FL 33040-5000   |
Ringwood, New Jersey
“Many Navy Choices - choose carefully”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed at the Navy Lodge at Sigsbee and we thought is was very good. I would have liked better info upon check in or even reservations that they would lend guests beach chairs, provide towels and beach buckets. So often getting any info was like pulling teeth. At Sigbee there is a NEX and Commissary as well as ITT/MWR within walking. Other lodging options include a Navy Hotel "Fly Navy" at Trumbo as well as trailers and townhomes. You can no question walk to downtown/old seaport from here. At this location there is a mini-mart and pool. Another option is Navy Gateway (?) At Truman Annex also walkable to town. If all you want to do is go to the beach this is a good choice. The Truman Annex Beach is very rocky - you must have shoes to cover your feet. You could also go to Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park which is the next beach. There is a fee for this. TIP! If you are a Disabled Vet you can get into any Florida State Park free! The next time we visit KW we will try to get a townhome.

Room Tip: This base is deadsville. No traffic. Just hope you are not next to a bunch of barking dogs as we w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GM-NLKW, General Manager at Navy Lodge Key West, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
I appreciate your review. I am concerned that you feel You had to "pull teeth" as you put it to get information from the staff. Our award winning team take great pride in providing excellent customer service. Our check-in procedures include nearly 5 minutes with each guest providing directions, maps, and recommendations of things to do and places to eat. Each room has an information book that does include what items we have at the front desk, such as beach towels and chairs. If you would write me offline at navylodge.keywest@nexweb.org and give me more information as to where we fell short I would greatly appreciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I can not say enough good things about the Navy Lodge on Sigsbee! It really is a hidden gem!

Before my trip I searched for hours to try to figure out a place to stay. I was going to stay at the Travel Lodge because I wanted a full kitchen but for my 6 night, 5 day trip it would have cost me close to $1300.00. So I called the Navy Lodge. For the same trip I paid $80 a night equaling $480.00.

My room was 215, and it came complete with a full kitchen (Everything down to pots and measuring cups, with a full sized fridge), a really comfy bed, and a sparkling clean bathroom. Base was super quiet and relaxing and it was in a good location to either drive down to Duval or head to other keys.

I rented a car and flew into Miami because I was told the drive was beautiful and it is. I recommend everyone makes the drive at least once. We went on the Freedom II to the Dry Tortugas National Park and did the Ultimate Adventure with Fury which I highly recommend. There is a restaurant right off base called The Stoned Crab which is good. You are also right next to grocery stores and even a post office. On base you have the Sunset Lounge right behind you and the NEX and Commissary right across from you. Gas as always was cheaper on base. P.S. do not speed on base!

Room service was fabulous and kept our room clean daily. The people at the check in desk are a wealth of information. There is a soda and snack machine in the Lodge as well as a laundromat. You get a free bagged breakfast which includes bottled water, yogurt and a granola bar. There is free coffee all day too.

There is a deck outside for a smoke shack and a hammock with two charcoal grills. Parking is a breeze.

The only down side I can think of is that there is no elevator, so my very heavy bag had to be lugged by me. But all in all I really can not complain about anything.

I will most certainly save money again and stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have an award winning staff that pride themselves in customer service. Your positive comments are appreciated. Hopefully we will see you again should you come back to beautiful Key West.
North America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Although the accommodations are a little ways away from the "main attraction" areas this place is really a gem. Located feet from the ocean water in a nice quiet area it is a great place to relax and unwind after a day visiting Key West. The building and rooms have some age to them but they are well kept and the staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms were some of the quietest I have been in for years. The base marina is a block away from the lodge where you can rent motor driven water craft and kayaks. The Ticket and Tours office is also just a block away where you can purchase discount attraction tickets. Last but not least the PX and commissary are also about a block away so you can stock up the fridge and cook in the kitchenette in the Lodge. One of the main reasons we stayed here was the price and the fact that they allowed us to bring our pet which is very rare for a military base. They even provide a small brown bag breakfast in the lobby in the mornings. Yes, it's not a name brand hotel but I am not sure I would want to stay anywhere else. If you don't mind a short trip to the main attraction areas this is a real gem that should be on your list.

Room Tip: If you do decide to bring your pet make sure you call 2 months in advance as they only have 4 rooms...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
slidell,la
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Navy Gateway Inn at Trumbo Point Ket West was a great place to stay,rooms are completely redone. The rooms are come are well appointed and clean. The hotel is located close to down town(not really in walking distance) but real close. The staff is the best Ive seen in a long time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Navy Lodge in Key West recently. It was the equivalent of an older Holiday Inn or LaQuinta on the inside BUT the front desk people treated everyone like we were like a Ritz Carlton; they would do anything they could to help out, provide directions, suggestions for places to eat and things to do. The maintenance of the hotel was was good and everything worked as expected. This is on an active annex so you will need your CAC (or retiree ID) and your passengers/friends will need to produce ID when visiting you at the annex.

We had a standard room with 2 beds, makeup area, a dark shower/potty area and a bright kitchenette. The rate could not be beat; it was 1/2 a comparable commercial hotel and 1/3 the cost of the Doubletree. Servicemembers can make reservations any time and retired servicemembers and DoD Civilains are welcomed as well and can make reservations up to 60 days in advance. ...and you better not forget because that 59th day is packed.

The kitchenette had a small fridge/freezer, one and a half countertops with plenty of room, a cooktop, and a microwave. We accidentally left a Cheerio on on the counter and there were lots of ants that showed up. This could have been corrected with occasional baiting with the ?Tero (orange and blue) ant baits inside or outside. ...no more ant problems...

A small bagged breakfast was provided and consisted of a danish, water, yogurt or granola bar, yogurt, and water. They also had cofee and tea available.

The WiFi internet in the hotel was $14 for the week though it was possible to use it for free in the lobby. The price was worth it as many hotels charge $9.99 PER DAY or couple it with their $12-20 "resort fee".

The floor was vacuumed clean but the carpet was filthy/dirty like months of grime buildup dirty. We walked in the room in our socks and barefoot once. The white socks were nearly black after a 15-20 minutes walking around and my feet were filthy. The tile in the bathroom and kitchen was spotless!

Got Babies? ...they better be small...
They do have a small pack and play that they can put in your room. The only pack and Play at the PX was the small variety as well, so we could not buy a larger one and leave it behind for soldiers, sailors, and airpeoples. If your baby is long or needs a larger pack and play to get comfy you may have the bite the bullet and ship yours or pay the ransom fee from the airlines. We were fortunate and found a friend of a friend that let us borrow their larger pack and play.

Overall we were very happy with the accomodations, the people were fantastic, and it was a nice place just a few minutes from the ever-so-great sunset lounge! Everywhere in Key West is 5-15 minutes away; you will spend more time looking for a parking spot than you will driving from the base to the city.

Save your money (hotels in Key West are NOT cheap) and support MWR; stay at the Navy Lodge!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

the Navy Inn and Suites has well-appointed, updated rooms. the common areas aren't that great but the rooms are alot like Hampton Inn at about 1/3 the cost. It's very clean and about a mile or so to the Duval Street area. you can get to duval or anywhere else on the key in 10-15 minutes on a bike. cars are a hassle here.

Room Tip: consider flying into key west rather than miami or fort lauderdale. the flight is more expensive but...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
U.S.A.F.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Way to go Navy. Lodging is very convenient to get to downtown Key West.
Rooms are a spacious size with a little kitchenette area for convenience
Staff was super friendly and helpful

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Navy Lodge Key West? Share your experiences!