“TERRIBLE!!! Use any of the other dozen rental places!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #151 of 326 Activities in Key West
Type: Tours, Gear rentals
Cornelius, North Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
“TERRIBLE!!! Use any of the other dozen rental places!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed right next door to these guys and thought they would be great to rent from. Boy was I wrong. The woman working there rented one of us a scooter then said that they weren't good enough at driving it to take it off the lot. You would think she would just refund the money since no rental was received, but instead went off on a story about how she was getting divorced and that she is having a hard time in her life right now. She kept saying that it is against their policy to refund someone when they refuse the service, but she couldn't show us where that policy was stated. She kept claiming she verbally conveyed that message, but we know that she did not. They offered to transfer the rental to someone else, but no one else wanted to rent. The whole experience ruined one of our days in paradise. There are so many other rental places, whatever you do don't go here. absolutely TERRIBLE!!!

Visited December 2012

Las VEgas
10 attraction reviews
“If you need rental transport - THESE are the people to see 1st”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We talked to several rental companies before we arrived in Key West and the some more after we arrived and their prices and conditions were ridiculous. Then I found Blue Sky Rentals on Duval Street and from the moment I walked in, I knew that I had found a great company to deal with.
As we were staying for at least a week and needing an electric car, I asked them for a 'long term' rate and they were very accommodating - I was very pleased with their charged and that they held an imprint of my credit card for any damages and did not precharge by card like almost every other company wanted to do.
They invited me to park the car there overnight for a recharge if I wanted (did so 3 times) and every time I did, they had cleaned and detailed the car for us.
I have rented electric cars before that after 10 miles are weezing and need a recharge but our 2 seater had brand new gell batteries and we did a couple of 10 mile trips back and forth across the island and still had plenty of juice left - so they obviously look after their equipment.

They also rent scooters and bicycles.

If you need an electric car while in Key West then go and have a chat with them - you will be very pleased that you did.

Visited October 2012
Wesley Chapel, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Make sure and ask for a bicycle light!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We rented bicycles there, the guy checking us in was really cool but he never gave us a headlight for our bicycles and we got pulled over by the Police for it! How embarrassing. We didn't get a ticket but they took our IDs and ran our names. Never should have happened, they should have offered us a light for the bicycles.

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding family owned operation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

Lilly was just wonderful, prices are very competitive. We rented the two seater car. What a convienance, all electric and no issues with battery life. Do not use your car, because you can't . No parking at all and very tough to find.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Best deals on bike rentals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We were told about these guys from our hotel and they were perfect. We wanted to rent bikes for the day but they gave us such a great rate that we kept them overnight and used them the next morning as well. Great family run business and they go out of their way to be very accommodating and helpful! I even got a pink bike and they threw in the night lights so we could ride at night too :) We had a blast riding our bikes around the little island. Way better than the day before when we paid a bike taxi to take us one way up duval street for $20. Would definitely rent from them again and recommend my friends to them.
Go RED SOCKS!