“What Fun!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Flaming Buoy Filet Co.

The Flaming Buoy Filet Co.
1100 Packer Street, Key West, FL 33040-3263
305-295-7970
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Key West FL
“What Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The owners and staff here really show their appreciation for residents and expertise when we visit them. I went last night with my daughter and four friends - she and I are local so wanted to be sure they saw, and ate, the very best. Lobster thermidor, filet mignon, scallops, hogfish, lobster mac and cheese, salads all around. I tried the tropical stir fry for the first time - peppers, bananas and pineapple over ginger rice and I added tofu. It was delish! Brian did not let us want for anything and the kitchen was able to assist with a gluten-free request. Friendly, intimate and remains our spot for "special" nights out.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Key West, Florida
“Amazing food, great location off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This past Sunday evening I invited my boyfriend to have dinner with me at a small, intimate (it looked as if the place seated only 30 or so patrons inside, although there were a few tables outside on the porch) restaurant off the beaten track. Immediately upon our arrival we were seated, and graciously welcomed. Having heard from several friends that the lobster mac & cheese was AWESOME, we decided to give it a go. I have to admit, it was WONDERFUL! Very rich and filling, I'm thankful that we had the appetite portion, or I would not have been able to even begin my main course. We also had the caprese salad, which was very simply presented in a small glass cup, and the nuances of the balsalmic dressing took 1st place over any caprese salad I've had anywhere. My main course was the spicy shrimp, which was such a superb play on a local seafood favorite. You can get shrimp just about anywhere in Key West, but the Flaming Buoy put their own artistic spin on this entree. I couldn't finish my entree, having enjoyed our appetizers to the point that we cleaned those plates! This shrimp entree is one dish that plays extremely well when the "take-home" portion of the meal is coupled with fresh scrambled eggs mixed in for breakfast. So I can safely say that the dinner meal was scrumptious, and the opportunity to enjoy it again the following morning was the icing on the cake! I'll certainly visit often, and send my friends, guests and clients off the well worn path to the corner of Packer and Virginia Street, where I'm sure the service will be prompt and gracious, the food extremely tasty, and the laid back, but intimate atmosphere enjoyable for all!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Legend.....airy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

SO GOOD! Words cannot describe, but here goes!
- Brian is without a doubt one of the highlights of this restaurant. Attentive, personable and polite, he oozes character and is a gem when he serves you!
- the food. Oh my. Presentation is exceptional. Taste is inpeccable. Someone give the chef a medal. As a self proclaimed foodie, this place satisfied my curious appetite with unique and refreshing dishes that leaves you full (servings are relatively large), satisfied (you'll walk out with a doey-eyed smile on your face from the joy of eating here), and just a little bit remorseful that you couldn't fit in more. Well done guys!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“UNIQUE CHOICES!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We loved that we could walk to the restaurant, also we were traveling with our little dog."they are dog friendly'. sat outside on the porch, we were greeted by a lovely young lady. who bought our dog his own water dish.. The service and food was excellent. my husband had the Chicken & Waffles,my friend had the Trio which gave you a TASTE of shrimp,fish and lobster mac & cheese. and I had the fish fillet.. Unique combinations of food and flavor..
A must try when visiting KEY WEST.
We will return for sure...............

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best food in Key West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We visited The Flaming Buoy last February when we were in Key West and it was at the top of our list for places to go this trip to Key West. It is by far the best food in Key West, period. I had the filet on both visits and I can not think of a time when I have had a better steak in my entire life. I frequent a lot of restaurants, yet nothing has ever compared to this. My boyfriend had the hogfish both trips and it was also incredible. The appetizer trio, which this trip featured the grilled shrimp, caprese salad, and lobster mac and cheese was amazingly delicious. There are simply not enough words to describe how this food is...you must try it. Highly, highly recommend. Our Key West trips in the future will undoubtedly include a dinner (or two) at The Flaming Buoy.