“Charming restaurant excellent paleo friendly meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Flaming Buoy Filet Co.

The Flaming Buoy Filet Co.
1100 Packer Street, Key West, FL 33040-3263
305-295-7970
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 367 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Jacksonville Beach
“Charming restaurant excellent paleo friendly meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband had the bacon wrapped scallops with sweet potato and it was savory and delicious. I had the fresh catch with lime butter sauce -yummy! We would skip the watermelon ceviche as we like more spice. The servers were very friendly and so far, it is our favorite meal on our trip!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“Nice dinner in a quiet neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came here with reservations on a Saturday night before Christmas, party of six (including two kids 8 and 11). I think we all really enjoyed dinner. Servers went out of their way to tell us that even though there was no kids menu, the chefs could do anything "kid friendly" not on the menu. All the fish dishes were fresh, delicious, and most important, cooked perfectly. My wife and I consider ourselves foodies and we both came away happy. We're from Miami where restaurants are amazing, so we give this 4 stars because 5 for us is a pretty rare meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“Always a good bet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This was our third time coming to the restaurant and it's never a disappointment. The service and food is outstanding in an intimate environment. It's outside the tourist area slightly, so you don't have the walk-in crowds. The Lobster/Mac dish is marvelous along with the corn on the cob. We think the prices are reasonable compared to other restaurants we have gone to in the area for the same quality of food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“My main course was the downfall”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This place has a lot of things going for it. The lobster mac and cheese was delicious, and the wine we had was wonderful. Great atmosphere and friendly waitstaff.

My boyfriend enjoyed his main course. I ended up choosing a dish with some type of salsa. It looked like they dumped nearly a pound of salsa on top of a fish that I think would have tasted much better without all of that chunky heap of sauce. I had to dig for my fish, and the salsa was not appetizing. I couldn't finish most of the dish because the flavor was just not to my liking. For this reason, I cannot give this restaurant a better rating than average.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Zurich
“what a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Freddy, you're a star. This lovely little residential neighborhood restaurant is truly a home away from home. From the lovely decor to the great outdoor seating, this place has it all. Most receipts seem to come from Freddy's mum's cook book which, really gives the food here that homely feel. Definitely a must whilst in key west! Thanks Freddy and hopefully see you soon!!

Visited December 2012