“Great Dive Operation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 302 activities in Key West
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Lost Reef Adventures is a full service dive shop located at the historic Lands End Marina in Key West. We have been serving the Keys from our dockside location since 1985. We carry a full line of scuba diving and snorkeling equipment for rent or purchase. BC's by Sherwood and Genesis, a variety of masks, fins, and snorkels from Cressi as well as gear bags, knifes, spear guns from AB Biller, and other essential equipment for your dive. Lowest air prices in Key West, with temporary dockage for your boat!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Great Dive Operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I did a 2-tank dive at the Vandenberg yesterday. We were all very happy with the dive shop as the crew was terrific and gave lots of helpful hints. They were also very efficient in transferring your gear to and from the boat. Rarely would I ever let another diver set up my equipment, however, these guys were polite and skilled so it didn't even make me second guess.

The dive on the Vandenberg had low visibility but again, the dive was excellent because of our crew. The dive shop also has very friendly employees. My father-in-law and I stopped to get information the day prior and were treated with a lot of history about the dive shop as well as Key West. My wife and I have been diving across the world and would definitely characterize Lost Reef Adventures as a dive crew we would trust and use again and again.

Thanks for the great experience!

Visited January 2013
slk100166, Owner at Lost Reef Adventures, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
“Lost Reef Adventures Dive shop is convenient and offers a variety of dives”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been using Lost Reef for several years now to fill our tanks and equipment repairs. During mini-season and the 1st week of lobster season they stay open longer to get the tank fills done for customers. The only negative part of getting your tanks filled here is that when their boat the Dream comes in from a trip, their tanks get bumped in front of any customers' tanks waiting to be filled. This can be a delay of up to 2 hours before your tanks are ready for pick up.

They are top notch in Key West when it comes to repairs. They possibly have the largest parts inventory than any of the shops in the Lower Keys. This makes a huge difference when you are on a diving vacation and need your equipment fixed asap!

I would definitely recommend Lost Reef for your next diving adventure in Key West!

Visited August 2012
Evans, Georgia
“Great First Dive Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I came to K.W. a week after being open water certified. I called Lost Reef because of the good reviews here on T.A. Don at the front desk was extremely nice and completely upfront about the diving conditions following Sandy's passing thru the area. Finally, today the conditions were perfect. We showed up at the appointed time, and Don took care of us. While we waited for the other members of the party to arrive and pay I talked with a member of the staff (unfortunately I didn't get his name) but needless to say his enthusiasm about diving was infectious. When I told him it was our first dive in open water (ocean) he was excited for us and said we were going to have a BIG time. Our crew was Kris, the boat captain, and Loren (sp?) the dive master. They were outstanding! They pretty much did everything for us. They were very professional and it was obvious they had were extremely experienced.
My wife and I had a GREAT first dive of our diving careers and I know that Kris and Loren's patience were a big part of it. If you're planning to dive in K.W. for the first time I wholeheartedly recommend Lost Reef. You could pay more at some of the other shops in town but why would you want to. And for you veterans out there like me, Lost Reef offers a 10% discount on all products and services

Visited November 2012
Trenton, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
“Scuba Diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Enjoyed my 2 tank dive with Lost Reef Adventures. The staff was helpful on that choppy day as Issac was approaching. The coral reefs were amazing! Wish the visibility would have been better, yet I was properly prepared for the type of trip it would be by the staff. Just needed that annual dive on the books so went for it anyway. Can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2012
Lancaster
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had the opportunity to go out with Lost Reef twice while in Key West in September 2012. The staff was helpful and pleasant from the time I made my bookings to the end of the trip. I had also dove with them several years ago. On each of these occasions the number of divers on the boat was somewhat less than on other dive boats I have been on in Key West. This affords more personal time with the staff to assist you in your dive. Safety is important to Lost Reef which was refreshing after diving in the Dominican where it was non-existent. We had a laugh about the “Amazon Woman” review while on the boat. I found her to be a competent and friendly DM willing to assist but also to assure your safely.

Visited September 2012