“Great Dive” 5 of 5 stars

Austin, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Great Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went with Dive Key West dive shop great people the water was very rough but he dive was good the boat was nice and vis was about 50 ft saw lots barracuda angel fish some stingray small grouper

Houston, Texas
“Diving the Vanden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great dive and must do on your trip. Can be used as a deep dive for advanced diver certification. Also go see joe's tug boat. If seas are 3-5 feet do not go out to dive sites on a small boat.

Little Torch Key, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Waiting to Dive a ship I served on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I live in the Lower Keys and only 25 miles from Key West. I'm a certified diver, however I have not dived on the Vandenberg yet.

I worked for the Military Sealift Command (MSC), and worked on a number of ships at Port Canaveral back in the early 90's. I served on the Vandenberg.

Since it was used as missile tracking ship, we used to carry many VIP's out to watch Shuttle launches. While I was aboard, I saw a 3:00 am launch of a shuttle from 2.5 miles off the Cape. What an exciting thing it was. When the engines fired, it was like air being sucked out of my lungs. It also became daylight for a few minutes. What a view for many minutes.

I am very much looking forward to when I can stand on the deck where I stood for the shuttle launch about 33 years ago.

If you are a diver, this is a must do dive. Perhaps I'll join you.

Taylors, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic wreck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This wreck gets better every year. A must see for serious divers. Be sure you go on a low current day for an easier dive.

Laurel, Maryland, United States
7 attraction reviews
“You Gotta See It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great wreck to dive. There are lots of rooms to go in and out of and multiple places to swim through.