Off Street Parking and Entry to Unit

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

DerbyAnge...
Louisville, Kentucky
“No surprises. Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

The unit looks very much like the pictures. Often this is not the case but we were happy with our choice. The house was clean and had daily housekeeping to replace towels etc. Loved the heated pool. House was conveniently located to many things. Only 2 very small complaints. I sent an email asking that twin beds be made up as a king and this was not done .This was not a big deal. The master shower does not even have a place to put your soap. No place for anything. This would be very inconvenient if you lived here full time but was OK for short term. I really don't know how they would address this since it has a rainfall shower head. We did have a problem with a dead tree limb dropping a large number of leaves in the pool and the management was very responsive. They sent someone over to remove the limb and clean out the pool. We were very pleased. The kitchen was well stocked and we really only had to buy food. Appliances were very nice. Bed was comfortable. We were able to pick up and drop off keys less than a block away.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Great location. Heated pool. Lots of porches.
Liked least: Stairs. My knees aren't great.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
angishelb...
Cape Coral Florida, USA
“Repeat Offender”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

My friends and I have had the pleasure to stay at AKE three summers in a row. All six of us had the time of our lives there. The house is clean, spacious, and the private pool is to die for! So close to everything and yet perfectly quiet at the same time. The housekeeping staff is friendly and attentive when you need them. I plan on spending many more vacations there.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Sleeping on the third floor- very quiet
Liked least: Having to go home
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
A FlipKey verified reviewer
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“I want to keep this place a secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011 for a stay in July 2010
people found this review helpful

I almost hesitated to give a Key Escape a review, because I want this place all to myself! I stayed here last July with my wife and our friends. We're coming back this year in June. Yes, I believe we've found our summer hideout here in Key West! The proximity to Duval, bike rental, CVS, and everything else is just perfect! The pool and deck area are fantastic; the interior of the house is just awesome! I can't even thing of a constructive criticism. Wait, I *did* think of one constructive criticism - next time we stay there, can you get me a few more weeks' vacation from work? ;-)

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 35-44
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
Jan 26, 2011
Thank you for the most gracious comments and if you can give me your bosses name, I'll try to obtain a few more weeks for you! Can't wait to see you'all again this summer!
“Don't try to cancel!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

Usually, we have a great time here. This is a lovely home that we return to year after year. Unfortunately, we had an issue this year where I needed to have emergency surgery. The leasing company, Vacation Rentals Key West, refused to work with us. They immediately refused even a partial refund. Next, they would not allow us to change weekends. They took our money and ran. A couple people in our party still went. They went by and saw that they even rented out the unit for the weekend to someone else, in effect getting double income from the property. Like I said, we have stayed at this home for the past 4 years running, we were not a first time renter. Unfortunately, due to the leasing company, we will probably never stay here again.

Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Management Response
Nov 8, 2010
Thanks for your review but it is not quite accurate! Please let me respond. You did stay with us once before, in 2007. On August 20 (Friday), you called our office and asked to shorten your stay to 3 nights because your husband was having surgery. We responded with "Fine" and you were going to call us back by the following Tuesday, Aug. 24, to confirm your shortened stay per our conversation. You did not ask to switch weekends, which we would have gladly done. You did call us back on Tuesday, Aug. 24, and just cancelled your reservation for the next week. Our cancellation policy states you need to cancel 30 days prior to your visit. We even have a link to Travel Insurance on our site and we recommend that our guests purchase travel insurance for unexpected issues. It is a very small amount to ensure against unforseen emergencies! Yes, we did resell a portion of your stay but not the entire stay. We are, indeed, sorry for your unexpected emergency but I am sure you understand that when large houses are rented, it is very difficult to rebook them on short notice...they are not like hotel rooms! Fortunately, it was a holiday weekend so we were able to resell a portion of your stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great House, Great Location, Trust the Reviews.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

We stayed here last week (June 16-20) with a group of 6 (3 couples). The house is great. Very nice inside and plenty of room for everyone. Great kitchen. Great outdoor area for BBQ and swimming in the pool. Trust all the positive reviews.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: I could stay longer
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists
A TripAdvisor Member
“Awesome House, Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009 for a stay in August 2009

Our group had the most amazing time at this darling house!! It was very nicely decorated inside and the pool area was also great. It came with everything we needed from dishes to blankets. It is spacious inside and can sleep many people comfortably. We were able to walk everywhere from the beach during the day, to malory square at sunset, to the bars/restaurants at night. I would most definitely stay here again and already told all my friends about it!

Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$408
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by manager
Request to Book
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
this property has payment protection
Manager
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 1 day ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing