“What a great place to stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
You added Key West Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
415 William Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #4 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Jersey
“What a great place to stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2005

We had such a great time at the Popular House!. The accomodations were very comfortable and clean and the staff was wonderful. Liz, Lexi, Jodi, and Jerry will go out of their way to make you feel right at home. One of the best B&B's we have ever been to. We will definitely be returning!.

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2005

My wife and I were there on our honeymoon. It was an awesome week. Liz, Jerry, Kurt, and all of the staff made our stay very enjoyable. There was no request that we made that did not go above and beyond our expectations.

The breakfast was exactly as pictured on their web site. It was delicious every morning, with homemade cakes and fruit breads, fresh fruit, and bagels and cream cheese. The B&B is just two blocks from the docks with all of the wonderful restaurants and water activities. Deval Street is just a few blocks away, it is easy walking distance or a short bicycle ride. (We rented bikes from the B&B at a very reasonable rate)

The B&B was kept very neat and the amenities of the room were that of any five star hotel, also the rates were the best in the area that we had found. We would definitely stay there again and suggest it to all of our friends. We are already making plans for our anniversary trip.

Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2005

I travelled to Key West in July 2005 to conduct some research for my undergraduate dissertation. As I was staying for 5 weeks I wanted to stay in a safe, friendly, comfortable environment that I could call home....the Key West Bed and Breakfast exceeded my expectations, I couldn't have wished to stay in a nicer place with a nicer bunch of people!

The Old Town neighborhood was quiet and relaxed, but only a 5 minute walk from lively Duval Street. I had the best of both worlds: I could enjoy the colourful nightlife and later retreat into the civilised tranquility of the B&B. The air conditioned rooms were great in the July heat, and I loved reading in the balcony hamock.

Jody, Liz, Lexy and Jerry were great hosts and went out of their way to ensure that I was comfortable. They pointed out nice places to eat, sites to see and people to talk to. They were so much more than B&B staff - I felt like part of the family!

I would advise anyone travelling to Key West to stay at the Key West Bed and Breakfast. I was very sorry to leave and I know that if I ever return to Key West, I will definitely book a few nights at this little gem of a place in the heart of Old Town.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2005

The Popular House B & B served as our place of lodging for our first ever trip to Key West, a selection made largely on the strength of good reviews previously given through TripAdvisor.com. Having just returned from our trip, I can say that we were not disappointed in the least.

This charming old home is just far enough off the main drag to provide a peaceful setting in which to truly rest and relax. We stayed on the 3rd floor, which included our own private bath, and a small private balcony. The rooms are small, but more than adequate. Also, the rooms have no TV, no radio, no Internet access, no telephone, but this was perfect for us! It was just what we needed. So quiet and relaxing. A couple of times, we went down to the larger second floor balcony and I simply laid in the hammock and read a book. It was wonderful.

The staff is excellent here. All of them are very friendly and helpful. We particularly enjoyed getting to converse with Liz during our stay. A wealth of helpful information, she pointed us to some great local restaurants that were somewhat off the beaten path, and gave us some helpful hints in regard to manuvering the island.

Breakfast is unrushed and self-serve. Plenty of fresh fruit, freshly baked breads, bagels, toast, do-it-yourself fresh-squeezed orange juice, hot coffee, etc. Perfect for the setting and the climate.

The price is nice, too. As far as B & B's go, Popular House is one of the most affordable ones in which we've ever stayed. It's really a great buy for your money.

It perhaps should be noted that we intentionally went to Key West in the "off season", when the crowds are lighter, the temperatures are warmer, and the room fares are less expensive. For us, this was a good time to go, because we were looking for a quiet experience. The pleasant atmosphere of The Popular House did not disappoint us. It provided us with exactly what we needed.

Without question, if we were to return to Key West for another visit, we would stay at the Popular House again. Truly, this place is the place to stay in Key West if you want something that is good, clean, friendly, quiet and affordable.

• Stayed September 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2005

My husband and I went to Key West for the weekend and stayed at The Popular House B&B, following a good recommendation by a friend (we wanted a B&B but something more than a "hostel" style, being creatures of comfort!). We are British, but currently residing in the US.

The Popular House was stunning. A traditional Key West-style 3-storey town house in the heart of Key West's old-town, close enough to the main areas (easy walking distance), but far enough from the noise of Duval Street. The house was an idyllic haven of brightly-coloured art, wooden floors & walls, bright, summery decor, excellent breakfast (fresh fruit, cake, juice etc.), friendly & helpful staff, with ample chilling-out areas & a "homely" feel, but with 'high-quality hotel' standard facilities.

The lack of a TV was a really nice change for us, and in Key West you certainly have no need for one! Instead, after a day seeing the sights of Key West we relaxed in the outdoor spa with a cool liquer !

For those on a budget, there are excellent-priced rooms with shared bathrooms (and I'm talking only 2 rooms per 1 bathroom, the latter being the high standard of a brand-new house's bathroom) but we had a double-room, the "Yellow Room", with private en-suite & patio which was excellent value and very modern, fresh & clean. We hear the 3rd floor new rooms are better again!

We will definitely go back to the Popular House when we return to Key West & for those of you not wanting to pay the over-inflated prices of a Hilton/Marriott hotel on the beach (not worth it for Key West beaches) and want a 'traditional with a kick' style B&B in the heart of the old town, 5 minutes from the waterfront, or from Duval, or the historic district - then this is the place for you.

One tip - don't go in the middle of summer - Key West was far too hot for us then and being a wooden, open-plan house, it is very warm (though the bedrooms are lovely air-conditioned) and having breakfast on the patio was very warm, but that's just the weather! but to enjoy it at it's fullest, avoid the hottest months and you'll love it!

We couldn't find one fault with the Popular House. It more than exceeded our expectations and made our short stay in Key West a fantastic experience!

East Northport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

I stayed in the Bates room on the ground floor, overlooking the porch and the street. It had two double beds and a private bath. Everything was immaculate, and the housekeeper was very nice and freshened up the room everyday and supplied new towels. It had great air conditioning, which you controlled yourself.
Breakfast was the best! Freshly ground coffee, home-made cakes and loaves, bagels, toast and jams. Freshly squeezed orange juice that you made for yourself. The fruit was ordered in every day, so it was always fresh. Watermelon, cantalope, honey dew, mangoes, strawberries, cherries, etc.
Jody, the owner, was very helpful with directions and recommendations. She was very sweet, and always there, if you needed her. She is a talented artist and fountain of knowledge. It was a pleasure just to have a nice conversation with her. You have complete privacy and no one bothers you, if you just want to relax.
Lexi and Jerry at the front desk and were also very nice young people. Ultra friendly and super helpful. They were always available if you needed them. Very competent and made sure all of your needs were taken care of.
The 2 dogs, cat, and cockteil were well behaved and left the B&B at 9PM with the staff. They were a pleasure to have around, as I am an animal lover. They are not allowed in the rooms and are never a problem.
The backyard had lovely plants and gardens, as well as tables and chairs and a small pool. You can eat outside any time you want. I had the pool all to myself for 4 days.
The location is why I chose "The Popular House." It is two blocks from the water and 3 blocks from Duval Street. I parked the car and never moved it for 4 days. All of the bars, restaurants, and markets are close by. The shops, Mallory Square, Customs House Museum. Mel Fischer's Museum. and Truman's "Little White House" are all within walking distance. Bone Island Shuttle Bus will take you all over the Island for $8 a day. Just get on and off as you please.
This was a great place to stay! Super clean and spacious, with a great staff! It had everything you need in the right location, at the right price.
It was a super vacation, and I will always stay at the Key West Bed and Breakfast. Love you Guys!

• Stayed June 2004
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2005

Jody and her crew run an outstanding B&B! Breakfast was great, the rooms were clean and well decorated. I only wish the whole house was A/C, but after all, it is Key West! We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Key West Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!