“Home sweet home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
You added Key West Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
415 William Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #4 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Home sweet home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have stayed in many many places all over the world but I keep coming back to Key West Bed & Breakfast. Laid back Key West Old Town has just what I want for a winter getaway and I find KWBB is the ideal base to enjoy it. The people - Liz, Tricia, Lucy, Jody, housekeepers and yes the other guests (many who also keep coming back) - are all engaging and fun to be with. I don't think the price can be beat for all you get. As a solo traveller I appreciate the bargain single room. It's a heritage property so if you nit pick you might find some differences compared to a modern structure but that is to be expected - I look at the whole experience and keep coming back for more.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Long due comment since June 2013. But I knew I had to wriet this!

I stayed at this lovely Bed and Breakfast for 2 days. Although the price was a little steep but I LOVED every single part of this place. The breakfast was good. The housekeeper and the owner were really friendly. And when you're here, you feel like you're home! I stayed at the Nun room, the room was really sweet and I loved how they design it.

And it is located really near to most of the places of interest.I would definitely recommend this place to everyone out there! I would definitely go back there! Key West was the most memorable part of my USA stay!! :)

Room Tip: When you're here, you feel like you're home!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This place is gorgeous. That is a given. It’s all been said before, and the reviews are right: a wonderfully restored Victorian house centrally located in a quiet street. Pure authenticity. Tastefully decorated with splashes of Caribbean art, hand-made pottery in the cosy kitchen, inviting verandahs in every nook and the central sitting room with books, guitar, loom and the comfiest sofa.
This was my first visit to quirky Key West but, of all the things to do there, my favourite was spending a lazy morning in the hammock on the verandah at KW B&B.
If you are a single traveller you may be wondering: „fine, so it’s a nice place but am I going to feel comfortable?“ Well I am glad to assure you that that also has to be a given. If you want privacy, you can tuck yourself away in your room or find a quiet corner on one of the verandahs. Or if you prefer to mingle (while you enjoy the yummy fresh-fruit and pastry breakfast for instance), then the kitchen will introduce you to like-minded travellers, young and old, from around the world.
I stayed in the nun’s room (with special dispensation for "monks" ;-)) and I knew from the moment I set foot in the room I had made the right choice of lodgings.
But, to be honest, I knew that even before I set foot in the house. Arriving at the end of a two-day, hundred-mile bike tour (yes on a pushbike!), Lucy was right there at the front door to welcome me kindly with intelligent conversation and invaluable tips and advice for my stay. It was like coming home. Thank you Lucy and Key West B&B for making this guest feel so special.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Perfect location for enjoying everything Old Town has to offer. Wonderful staff, friendly and accommodating. The place couldn't be cleaner. Would recommend staying at the back if you are determined to have total quiet. Wonderful continental breakfast. Great attention to detail and aesthetics, anticipating guests' every desire. More than meeting expectations. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter, but rooms at front allow more participation in the community. Make plans...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Eastern Shore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This was our 4th stay at this property... as I was attending the Key West Literary Society Festival.

It only gets better. The perfect location (could safely walk to all the restaurants and the San Carlos on Duval) ... the perfect hosts (Liz, Lucy and Trish) who treat you like family... and if you're in doubt just ask around at the restaurants, taxis and other locals.

We stayed in the 3rd floor back room this time. Great balcony... overlooking a peaceful setting. The house itself is super typical Key West. It's quiet, yet only a half block off Eaton. The room has a window solo bed in addition to the comfy queen bed. The bathroom is small but very serviceable.

If you're planning a trip to Key West, book here as soon as possible.

Oh... and the breakfasts are wonderful even though it doesn't start until 8:30, but it gives you a chance to stroll to Five Brothers for a con leche.

Room Tip: Book Early. We've stayed in rooms on each floor and enjoyed them all.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Arundel, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's been 14 years since our last trip to Florida and a stay at Key West B&B but much to our delight things haven't changed a bit....and that's a good thing! It's just as lovely, peaceful and comfortable as we remembered it. Although the weather didn't cooperate as we might have wanted, between our spacious room and the downstairs sitting area we had inviting and cozy spots to wait out mother nature. The staff couldn't be more helpful and accommodating and the breakfast couldn't be more tasty....really, I can't think of a place I'd rather have been while visiting Key West....thanks, guys!...we'll be back, soon!

Room Tip: call early, they book up fast
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I had never stayed at a B&B and were not sure what to expect. Key West B&B set our expectations high for any other B&B that we will stay at in the future!

The location is ideal - it is located on a quiet street within Old Town, and is only a few blocks from the action on Duval st., Green St., Front St. and the harbor. We enjoyed our walks around town, both on the main streets and the side streets. If you want to be somewhere where you will not need transportation that often, the Key West B&B is perfect for you as it was for us.

The house is a historic house, and is absolutely gorgeous. I never felt uncomfortable being in the B&B and often referred to it as "home" when we were headed back after a day out on the island. I knew that the B&B was at full capacity, but it never felt that way because of the openness of the B&B, along with our quiet room. Mind you since it is a historic house, expect some creaks in the wood, etc., but it is merely white noise and was never ever bothersome.

The staff was more accommodating than any hotel I have ever stayed at. We were first greeted by Lucy at the front door and brought us into the B&B. She gave us a tour of the property (with gorgeous foliage), and even helped us with activities to do around the island that we were interested in. Each day the staff greeted us and was always available for anything we needed. I am a big stickler for customer service these days (since it seems to not exist as much anymore!), and the Key West B&B staff truly exemplified what it means to provide customer service.

We stayed in the blue room since it had its own bathroom (even though it doesn't seem necessary because I had never seen anyone use the shared restrooms and were always open). The blue room had its own balcony, which was great. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the bed, which was a little hard, but my boyfriend loved the hard bed. Also, make sure that you are with someone who doesn't mind hearing you in the bathroom since the wall does not go entirely to the ceiling (it has about a two foot gap from the ceiling so you could hear, but not see). This didn't bother us, but its worth mentioning (I am not sure how room bathrooms are in other B&Bs or the bathrooms in the other rooms).

We had a GREAT breakfast and ate outside on the patio each morning. The breakfast is great and you even get to squeeze your own orange juice if you want. I loved the variety of fruit and it was actually a great time to see and talk to the other guests staying at the B&B. Everyone was so friendly.

I will definitely come back to this B&B when we vacation again in Key West. It was such a great experience and I am so glad we stayed there!

Room Tip: stay here!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!