“"We loved it"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
415 William Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Sarasota, Florida
“"We loved it"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Getting my husband to a Bed and Breakfast wasn't easy but after our stay he said when we
come back to Key West this is where I want to stay. We loved our room on the third floor with a beautiful view off the balcony. No Tv's no Telephones. The staff couldn't have been any nicer. They treated you as if you were old friends. The breakfast was a sight to behold, fresh fruit, fresh
baked goods and you could squeeze your own "Florida Orange juice". We will recommend this little piece of paradise to everyone.
Mike and Carol from Sarasota, Florida

Room Tip: The third floor room with the balcony made you feel like you were the only one there.

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Mt. Pleasant, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I were married in Key West 10 years ago and began planning our anniversary trip back to Key West in January. I read so many wonderful reviews about Key West Bed and Breakfast, so we decieded to try it out. I am the girl who likes fancy resorts, spas, and swimming pools, and this was my first bed and breakfast experience. I am pleased to say that my husband and I both just loved everything about our stay here.

We were greeted by Lynn who checked us in, got us all situated in our room, gave us a tour of the grounds, and then sat down and went over a map with us. She gave us great suggestions of places to eat and see.

We stayed in the "yellow room" on the second floor. It was beautiful and tastefully decorated. We had our own bathroom and nice little balcony with a small table and two chairs. It was perfect for the two of us. Also on the second floor was a balcony with a hammock. We loved to share the hammock and spend time out there with one another.

The breakfast is delicious. You will find an assortment of fruit, breads, cake, tea, and coffee. It isn't served until 8:30, and we are early risers, so my husband would walk to Cuban Coffee Queen and get us cafe con leches to start the day. Then we would eat our goodies from downstairs on our balcony in our room.

The location is excellent. We walked everywhere except to and from the airport. It's close enough to everything, but then far enough away to get a good nights sleep without hearing things from outside.

I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast in Key West. My husband and I will be back!

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a friend. We stayed in a room downstairs and were apprehensive about being on the bottoms floor but there was NO problems in the slightest. Trish (i think) checked us in and showed us around the beautiful house. Se showed us everything and where we could find anything in the house - so helpful. She sat us down and using a map of Key West circled great places to eat and drinks and things to do and see. Told us about Santiago's which was delicious and not easy to find unless you know about it. Free wifi was great. Breakfast was simple but enough - bagels, cake, fruit, tea & coffee. On the last day we checked out but were still able to use the bikes and the facilities in the house. Great location - walking distance to everything and bike rentals available. I can't rate this place highly enough. Beautiful house, beautiful people.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Popular House in Key West is a wonderful bed and breakfast, conveniently located close enough to Duvall to party and far enough away to relax. Breakfasts are delicious, the home is filled with wonderful art, captivating colors, and comfy quarters. Relax in a hammock on the upstairs balcony or lounge in a cool bubble pool on the back deck. I've stayed twice and will stay again when Key West is on my agenda. The Popular House is Key hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you ever have the opportunity to get a room here, go for it. You will soon have a home away from home. The staff is fantastic and the way they take care of the B & B is like they live there. My husband and I always stay in the "yellow" room. What a great place to go "home" to....love it!

Room Tip: the are all great....upstairs has private balconies!
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We got up on Friday morning and decided to just drive to Key West... all the way down, he said, I just want to get away... besides, there is nothing going on down there! ha! I said, Let him found out on his own... It was Goombay Festival weekend... Oct 19-21, 2012. We had a blast.
We drove until the Southernmost point, for the first time, took the traditional pictures.... and then what? He said! I took my cell phone and look-up hotels in the area... Key West B & B - the Popular House was the second call, after "we are all booked" answer that left me with NO hopes! I knew it is the busiest time of the year... and I just did my lil' prayer... and it worked!
ALWAYS works... Liz answered the phone, and her happy spirit was perceived… I knew, this is it.
She said, I just got a cancellation, the room is $135 and you have an hour to get here…
I was like, we are 8 min away. Don’t move, we will be there shortly.
WHAT A LOVELY PLACE!!!! The Hotel is beautiful, all traditional Key West House style, from the 1890’s. Optimal conditions, loved the decorations, the ambiance, everything look just right. I never had the experience of a Bed and Breakfast, just the big hotel chains… this was cozy, classy, elegant, clean, very clean, and peaceful… all the accommodations you can think of and the staff was very friendly and informative.
It was our first time and we didn’t know where to go or eat or what to see, Liz had all the answers even a map for us. She recommended restaurants and the night was perfect.
GREAT location: we walked everywhere… the nights were fresh, and no need to rent or pay for extra transportation. We parked our vehicle in front of the house and we didn’t move it for 2 days.
I had a great experience in this place. The whirlpool is open until 11pm and it’s very relaxing. I wish they had a small radio in the room, but I wonder if this is the concept of a Bed & Breakfast! Oh well, I loved it, my boyfriend loves Television and he had a hard time not having one, but we were very short time in the room, we spent most of the time sightseeing and having outdoors Key west fun!
The hammock on the second floor was delicious! There are NO vacations or complete getaway if you don’t rest in a hammock; nap time in a hammock is a most for me… I enjoy a sunrise on it.
I will do it every time, this place is amazing.

Room Tip: No TV. We stayed on the 3rd floor, front room, awesome, clean and comfortable for couples. THE A/C w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights mid Oct 2012 in an en-suite room (some have shared bathrooms) and find it difficult to find fault with the place.

Comfortable, very clean, charming building with balconies and a small garden area for breakfast/ relaxing. The rooms are not large (by US standards) but are more than adequate for a short stay (with all there is to do in Key West you're not likely to spend much time in your room!). All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly.

The Popular House is in a good location: 5 minutes walk to most of the 'action', yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.

If I have a (small) criticism, I would have liked to have seen a greater choice for breakfast (it's mostly fruit and bread with a daily home-made cake), some cheese and meats for example, but what was available was good quality and tasty.

We would certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!