“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 97 Key West B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here with a friend. We stayed in a room downstairs and were apprehensive about being on the bottoms floor but there was NO problems in the slightest. Trish (i think) checked us in and showed us around the beautiful house. Se showed us everything and where we could find anything in the house - so helpful. She sat us down and using a map of Key West circled great places to eat and drinks and things to do and see. Told us about Santiago's which was delicious and not easy to find unless you know about it. Free wifi was great. Breakfast was simple but enough - bagels, cake, fruit, tea & coffee. On the last day we checked out but were still able to use the bikes and the facilities in the house. Great location - walking distance to everything and bike rentals available. I can't rate this place highly enough. Beautiful house, beautiful people.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

721 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Newark, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Popular House in Key West is a wonderful bed and breakfast, conveniently located close enough to Duvall to party and far enough away to relax. Breakfasts are delicious, the home is filled with wonderful art, captivating colors, and comfy quarters. Relax in a hammock on the upstairs balcony or lounge in a cool bubble pool on the back deck. I've stayed twice and will stay again when Key West is on my agenda. The Popular House is Key hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you ever have the opportunity to get a room here, go for it. You will soon have a home away from home. The staff is fantastic and the way they take care of the B & B is like they live there. My husband and I always stay in the "yellow" room. What a great place to go "home" to....love it!

Room Tip: the are all great....upstairs has private balconies!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We got up on Friday morning and decided to just drive to Key West... all the way down, he said, I just want to get away... besides, there is nothing going on down there! ha! I said, Let him found out on his own... It was Goombay Festival weekend... Oct 19-21, 2012. We had a blast.
We drove until the Southernmost point, for the first time, took the traditional pictures.... and then what? He said! I took my cell phone and look-up hotels in the area... Key West B & B - the Popular House was the second call, after "we are all booked" answer that left me with NO hopes! I knew it is the busiest time of the year... and I just did my lil' prayer... and it worked!
ALWAYS works... Liz answered the phone, and her happy spirit was perceived… I knew, this is it.
She said, I just got a cancellation, the room is $135 and you have an hour to get here…
I was like, we are 8 min away. Don’t move, we will be there shortly.
WHAT A LOVELY PLACE!!!! The Hotel is beautiful, all traditional Key West House style, from the 1890’s. Optimal conditions, loved the decorations, the ambiance, everything look just right. I never had the experience of a Bed and Breakfast, just the big hotel chains… this was cozy, classy, elegant, clean, very clean, and peaceful… all the accommodations you can think of and the staff was very friendly and informative.
It was our first time and we didn’t know where to go or eat or what to see, Liz had all the answers even a map for us. She recommended restaurants and the night was perfect.
GREAT location: we walked everywhere… the nights were fresh, and no need to rent or pay for extra transportation. We parked our vehicle in front of the house and we didn’t move it for 2 days.
I had a great experience in this place. The whirlpool is open until 11pm and it’s very relaxing. I wish they had a small radio in the room, but I wonder if this is the concept of a Bed & Breakfast! Oh well, I loved it, my boyfriend loves Television and he had a hard time not having one, but we were very short time in the room, we spent most of the time sightseeing and having outdoors Key west fun!
The hammock on the second floor was delicious! There are NO vacations or complete getaway if you don’t rest in a hammock; nap time in a hammock is a most for me… I enjoy a sunrise on it.
I will do it every time, this place is amazing.

Room Tip: No TV. We stayed on the 3rd floor, front room, awesome, clean and comfortable for couples. THE A/C w...
Nottingham, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights mid Oct 2012 in an en-suite room (some have shared bathrooms) and find it difficult to find fault with the place.

Comfortable, very clean, charming building with balconies and a small garden area for breakfast/ relaxing. The rooms are not large (by US standards) but are more than adequate for a short stay (with all there is to do in Key West you're not likely to spend much time in your room!). All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly.

The Popular House is in a good location: 5 minutes walk to most of the 'action', yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.

If I have a (small) criticism, I would have liked to have seen a greater choice for breakfast (it's mostly fruit and bread with a daily home-made cake), some cheese and meats for example, but what was available was good quality and tasty.

We would certainly go back.

Bowie, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After some good research we decided to stay at this B&B for our vacation. Wonderful experience....beautiful garden in the back, very clean and great breakfast! This has to be the best B&B in town for the money. If you don't mind, they have three rooms that share 2 bathrooms. This was never a problem...bathroom was always open and it saved us money that could be spend elsewhere. But if you want a private bathroom, they have excellent rooms available. Ladies that work at the house are very nice. One thing to keep in mind and this is probably the case with most B&B's in Key West...there is no AC in the common areas of the house. Was alittle hot when we first arrived but got used to it.

Room Tip: Quiet street but close to Duvall. No AC in the common areas of the house.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I visited Key West Oct 10-14 2012. It was our first trip to the Keys together and I had to drill it into his head that this was not a beach vacation! He wanted to stay "on the beach" at a nice hotel. Well, that's all fine, but the places he 'thought' he wanted to stay were outrageously priced even for "off season" and there aren't really beaches.

I began my search for an affordable alternative and came upon Key West Bed and Breakfast - The Popular House. It is just that, Popular, but not in the busy, crowded sense of the word. The locals knew it and said very kind words about it, which was quite reassuring for us as we had never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. My husband and I are in our mid-twenties and were worried that a B&B would be too slow-paced for us, but it was a welcomed pace that went well with the paid back island time vibe. The other guests were friendly and everyone just comes and goes as they please.

Breakfast was great, just what you need to get your day started. Nothing heavy, just a great assortment of fresh fruit, bagels, bread, baked goods (blueberry bread/cobbler), coffee, tea, juice, etc. I would make a tray and bring it up to the room to eat while we got ready for the day.

Our room: We stayed in the 3rd floor back room for 3 of our 4 nights. It was perfect. Secluded, roomy, and well appointed. The 3rd floor has the newest rooms, the attic was converted a few years back. It can get hot in the hallway up there, as the house is open air all day and hot air rises, but the rooms have their own CENTRAL A/C units and cool down very well! In fact, many times I was cold. The rooms are VERY clean. We honestly, couldn't be happier.

We will definitely return to stay at the KWBB for its location, staff, breakfast, price, accommodations, and feel. Simply perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!