We stayed for 2 nights mid Oct 2012 in an en-suite room (some have shared bathrooms) and find it difficult to find fault with the place.
Comfortable, very clean, charming building with balconies and a small garden area for breakfast/ relaxing. The rooms are not large (by US standards) but are more than adequate for a short stay (with all there is to do in Key West you're not likely to spend much time in your room!). All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly.
The Popular House is in a good location: 5 minutes walk to most of the 'action', yet quiet enough for a good night's sleep.
If I have a (small) criticism, I would have liked to have seen a greater choice for breakfast (it's mostly fruit and bread with a daily home-made cake), some cheese and meats for example, but what was available was good quality and tasty.
We would certainly go back.
- Also Known As:
- Key West Bed And Breakfast - The Popular House Hotel Key West
- Key West b&b - The Popular House
- Key West Bed And Breakfast - The Popular House Hotel
- Key West b And b
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Caribbean Casual ... more less