“Best B&B for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Key West Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Key West Bed and Breakfast
415 William Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 98 Key West B&B and Inns
Bowie, MD
“Best B&B for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

After some good research we decided to stay at this B&B for our vacation. Wonderful experience....beautiful garden in the back, very clean and great breakfast! This has to be the best B&B in town for the money. If you don't mind, they have three rooms that share 2 bathrooms. This was never a problem...bathroom was always open and it saved us money that could be spend elsewhere. But if you want a private bathroom, they have excellent rooms available. Ladies that work at the house are very nice. One thing to keep in mind and this is probably the case with most B&B's in Key West...there is no AC in the common areas of the house. Was alittle hot when we first arrived but got used to it.

Room Tip: Quiet street but close to Duvall. No AC in the common areas of the house.

712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I visited Key West Oct 10-14 2012. It was our first trip to the Keys together and I had to drill it into his head that this was not a beach vacation! He wanted to stay "on the beach" at a nice hotel. Well, that's all fine, but the places he 'thought' he wanted to stay were outrageously priced even for "off season" and there aren't really beaches.

I began my search for an affordable alternative and came upon Key West Bed and Breakfast - The Popular House. It is just that, Popular, but not in the busy, crowded sense of the word. The locals knew it and said very kind words about it, which was quite reassuring for us as we had never stayed in a Bed and Breakfast. My husband and I are in our mid-twenties and were worried that a B&B would be too slow-paced for us, but it was a welcomed pace that went well with the paid back island time vibe. The other guests were friendly and everyone just comes and goes as they please.

Breakfast was great, just what you need to get your day started. Nothing heavy, just a great assortment of fresh fruit, bagels, bread, baked goods (blueberry bread/cobbler), coffee, tea, juice, etc. I would make a tray and bring it up to the room to eat while we got ready for the day.

Our room: We stayed in the 3rd floor back room for 3 of our 4 nights. It was perfect. Secluded, roomy, and well appointed. The 3rd floor has the newest rooms, the attic was converted a few years back. It can get hot in the hallway up there, as the house is open air all day and hot air rises, but the rooms have their own CENTRAL A/C units and cool down very well! In fact, many times I was cold. The rooms are VERY clean. We honestly, couldn't be happier.

We will definitely return to stay at the KWBB for its location, staff, breakfast, price, accommodations, and feel. Simply perfect.

Okemos, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am so glad we chose this place to stay in Key West. Liz, Lynn, Tanya, Trisha all made us feel like we were home. The ambiance is wonderfully funky and artistic and so comfortable. There are no TV's, which Liz made sure we knew before we came. Sounded good to us! No election crap. Breakfast every morning was amazing! Mounds of fresh fruit and some absolutely wonderful home-baked bread or cobbler (pumpkin bread, strawberry/blueberry bread, fruit cobbler, banana walnut bread drizzled with chocolate...wow), also fabulous bread from a local bakery (fresh everyday), cereal, bagels, tea, coffee and you can squeeze your own fresh orange juice.
We enjoyed breakfast outside in the garden with the fountain and beautiful flowers. There is something about Key West that makes everyone nice and relaxed and there is something special about the Popular House. We slept all night (unusual) and sometimes until 8 a.m. Their recommendations for restaurants and site seeing were absolutely perfect. We loved our room, the food, the neighborhood, and the people of The Popular House. I can't say enough good about this B &B. Why would you stay anywhere else?? Another note: my husband left his flip flops UNDER the bed and they actually found them. That's how clean these rooms are.

Room Tip: If you have any kind of health problems ask for a room on the bottom floor. No elevator and lots of...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My fiance and I came to the Popular House after finding it on tripadvisor and they didn't disappoint. I had taken a year off college ten years ago and moved to Key West and so I knew I wanted something close to Duval. Even though I had a lot of experience on the island we still planned on asking for some recommendations from the staff. The second we walked in the door Liz greeted us and gave us our keys and offered to let us freshen up and then check in, which is very refreshing since most hotels make you wait in line and check in and you feel even more worn out after traveling. We went up to our room and relaxed for a couple minutes and came back down and Liz couldn't have been nicer. After checking us in she sat us down with a map of the island and went over our plans with us. After telling her our plans she made two reservations for us, both at Latitudes on Sunset key for dinner and breakfast, and also helped us plan out our entire trip. The rooms were great, the food was great, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. If you are planning a trip to Key West you will love this place.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Found this place through Trip Advisor reviews and thought it was worth a try.

We were charmed the minute we pulled up. Palm trees in front of a quaint old home. The charm continued when we went in the door. We were warmly greeted and immediately made to feel like we were at home. The innkeeper even took the time to sit down with us and a map to give us an orientation of the key.

The home is decorated with local art throughout. The living room has a working loom and is decorated with bobbins of wool. Breakfast is pastries, breads, and fruits...and fresh squeezed. You know it's fresh squezzed because you squeeze it yourself!

Our room had a private veranda and a wonderfully comfy bed. We were on the second floor and somehow it felt like we had the house to ourselves.

The staff was wonderful. The location is ideal...mere blocks away from everything you want to see on Key West. Love the breakfasts out on the luscious tropical patio!

Just to set your expectations....parking is an issue in the Old Town of Key West. It's likely you'll have to drive around the neighborhood a couple of times to find an open spot. Just be patient, it will happen.

Love this place....we'll be back!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I just spent a wonderful anniversary weekend at the KWBB. We had originally booked with another location on Duval Street but then I came across the KWBB on the internet and was extremely impressed by the reviews. We decided to give our weekend a more romantic feel by staying at a B&B. I'm so glad we changed our reservations and booked with KWBB because we had the most wonderful experience while staying there. The one-to-one attention and care was outstanding. That alone gets it 5 stars. The room we stayed in was extremely clean (which is very important for me) as was the rest of the house. We stayed in the third floor, front room. There was enough privacy as it was on the third floor and has its own bathroom. We could walk to most places and that we did! The atmosphere was so laid back and the house has so much character. I fell in love with it! The breakfast was also a big plus, we loved the fresh cakes they made each day and fresh fruit. Yum!

I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Key West... especially on a couples getaway.

Room Tip: When you park, leave your car and find another way to get around the island.
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Liz and staff were exceptional! This was our first time to Key West and we can't way to go back! From the moment we walked in we felt completely comfortable. We stayed in the king room downstairs across from the check in desk. The room was very spacious, neatly decorated, and quiet. Breakfast was excellent! I loved squeezing my own orange juice. My husband really enjoyed taking a dip in the "pool". We only had a short time in Key West so Liz made sure to tell us where to go and what to see with our limited time. Thank you for a very memorable stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Key West Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!