I am very big on Tripadvisor and follow its recommendations as I did here and I am amazed at how different my experience was and is. I booked two nights to be in Key West so that I could meet up with my daughter and her friend who were staying elsewhere. Upon making my reservation I got an immediate email to reply to about my arrival time which I responded to with my time and they said good, see you then. When I showed up then after a 5 hour drive I was told my room was not ready and since it was horribly hot, back in the car I went for a hour. When I got back with my groceries and luggage to check in there were no parking spots out front of the hotel, first come first served! so I had to park a block away in horrible heat and treck my stuff there, not good. My room was a disaster. For what I spent per night I wish had gone elsewhere. Location is not good, a mile walk in August, crazy. No amenitys at the hotel at all, no pool, nothing. The room had dated furniture with indoor outdoor carpeting, peeling paint and the bed was very uncomfortable. There was one AC unit in the bedroom of the two room suite so freezing in the bedroom and hot siting in the other room where my daughter and her friend were for a visit! So we sat and sweat indoors at 180 per night! Honestly, I regret this stay and that takes a lot for me to say. Sorry guys. And one more thing, when you have nothing to offer at your place, trying to then charge for bikes is not cool, you should just let people use them, sad.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Guesthouse Hotel Key West
- The Grand Guesthouse Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Old Town Key West, The Grand Guesthouse offers intimate accommodations for you to relax and recharge. We're a Frommer's Travel Guide Favorite, squeaky clean, comfortable, and affordable. All of our rooms feature local artwork and tropical decor, a small refrigerator, A/C & ceiling fan, private telephone line with free domestic long distance (US/Canada), cable television, an iPod & iPhone docking station, CD player, and free wireless internet. A complimentary expanded continental breakfast is served every morning, and free parking is always available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.