“Love this place, great for pet owners!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages
You added Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages to your Saves list
1075 Duval Street, Suite C-19, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #73 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Love this place, great for pet owners!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

My husband and I have stayed here twice. We came for the first time in April of 2007 for the first time and wanted to bring our Great Dane with us. So I picked Center Court as our choice with a no limit on size which is hard to find for his size, 10$ pet fee per night. We didn't want to spend alot so we stayed in the Romantic Retreat for the weekend. Center court requires min. stays so you have to inquire with them to see how long (it changes for different events). When we went they required 4 night min. stay but the Rom. Retreat had an opening of 3 nights in April so we took it. The Retreat was great because it was just the two of us and the dog, warning though the room is small. Our dog just sleeps on the bed most of the time so it didn't bother us he wasn't running around. A king size bed comes with this place a little kitchenette, and a bathroom, tv etc. Right outside of your door is one of the pools very small but perfect size for cooling off. The other pool is across the street at the other cottages. Cats are around here but left our dog alone. The retreat came with an offside fenced in patio which was great, except that there wasn't a side door from the retreat to this you had to go out the front door to get to it. It was great had a table & chairs both out front the Retreat and one set in the fenced patio. Also there was a hammock and jaccuzi. There is a nice seating area around the pool & a grill if you wanted to use it. This place is right off of Duval & Truman so not too far of a walk. There is a Subway near by and Walgreens(or something like that) so if you need to pick something up quick these are right down the street. We loved taking Subway back to the pool area and having lunch there. If you stay here though park your car and never move it if you find a spot, there is parking but it is hard to find during busy times. I recommend taking bikes or renting some or getting scooters etc.

Our next trip was later that year in August and went with another couple and their Miniture Pincher. So we stayed in the Leeward Isle. This a great place if you have more people going. It is a cute cottage with a little fenced in front yard, and front porch. It was great for the dogs, and we loved hanging on the porch with the dogs and a beer. This is a 2 bedroom cottage with King size beds & tv's in the rooms, and a nice sized living room with a tv, one bathroom with two sinks( I think). A full kitchen and a great fenced in backyard area with a patio set and private jaccuzi. This is my favorite place to stay. It was right down the street from the Rom. Retreat and the pools. I loved the fenced in back area b/c I didn't have to walk the dog at this place like we did @ the rom. retreat. Grass is not easily found in Key West. Plus it's not fun to walk a dog drunk @ 3 in the morning :)

I really recommend this place their help was really nice and you get maid service everyday, it's a nice change from a hotel b/c you have kitchen's and can eat at your place. So if you are trying to save some money this is better than a hotel so you can save on food. Plus how many place's allow pets, we love this place and hope they continue allowing this. Thanks for the great stays.

• Liked — pet friendly, relaxing
  • Disliked — a little bit of a walk from the main bars on Duval, but I like to walk
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2008

I made my reservation through Center Court Historic Inn & Cottages (or Key West Vacation Rentals). We booked the Orchid Suite for three nights during late May 2008. Did a late checkin, meaning we picked up the condo keys from the office after they were closed and then went back to the office the next afternoon to pay the balance and 'offically' checkin. Check in/check out process went very smooth.

Location - EXCELLENT. I can't say enough about being on Simonton St. This street paralells Duval so you are within walking distance of EVERYTHING. We walked Duval, to Mallory Square, to the Historic Seaport, to Southern Most Point. All with no problems. Granted, it was HOT as can be, but that is to be expected during this time of the year.

Parking - GREAT. Offstreet parking in a small gravel lot directly behind condo. Safe and convenient.

Condo - PERFECT. It was clean and suited our Key West needs. Husband and I had the bedroom and my step son slept in the living room on the pulled out queen side sofa bed. Small kitchen completly meet our breakfast needs. Choose the top floor unit since in most cases it is quieter (you don't have to listen to anyones foot steps) HUGE shower (although I'm not a shower person, I compromised for a few days and gave up my bath tub). The street noise was minimal.

Only issues - and these really didn't deter our stay in anyway, just worth mentioning since this is a 'review'.

Ceiling fan in bedroom is very out of balance. AC unit in bedroom is a little on the loud side (but cooled the bedroom sufficiently!). Outside light coming in the bedroom windows did annoy me. Seems the condo unit next door, had a hallway light that was constantly on and our bedroom window was across from that hallway. Certainly not Center Courts issue - just noting that I like a very dark bedroom and the light coming in was a small problem for me.

I would highly recommond this condo unit if you are looking for a small, clean, adequate place to rest your head and shower up during your Key West vacation or extended weekend. It meet all of our needs.

Stayed May 2008
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

I stayed in the Key West Hideaway from 4/3-4/8 with my family, which included my husband, grandma, grandpa, mom, stepdad, and 2 brothers. We absolutely LOVED the place! There is a decent sized pool directly off the back porch with pool tables and chairs, which we all loved. We all went to Key West for my uncle's wedding, and when my uncle, new wife, and her two kids came over to hang out, we all still had plenty of space.

The house was extremely beautiful and clean and housekeeping was on the ball everyday. The location is PERFECT, just a few steps from Duvall Street. The Hemingway House is just a couple of blocks away. There is a CVS on the corner, which we found ourselves patronizing quite often, for water, snacks, etc. I would say the only potentially bad part is the parking, if you have a car. There is no reserved parking for the house, and it is a tight squeeze if you do find a spot. There are two little driveway-ish areas that look like they are designated for the house, but they are not. We had a rental van (since we flew into Ft. Lauderdale and drove from there) and the way we worked out our parking space was kind of funny, actually...There was a random orange cone nearby in the road, so whenever we left we put that in our spot, hoping no one would pull in there. It worked everytime!!

I was only there during the checkout process, and the lady at the desk was very nice. She was very glad that we all loved the house.

Here is where we ate:

Denny's: Half a block away, just your typical Dennys!

Willie T's: Great, fast service, especially since we had a large party! Food was good.

Sloppy Joe's: You gotta get the Sloppy Joe! It is AWESOME! I only tried a bite, but I had the nachos w/ Sloppy Joe on it, and it was surprisingly amazing!

The Mexican Cafe: HUGE burritos, good service, good food

Two Friends Patio: Karaoke was so much fun, food and drinks were great! It did take awhle to get our food, but we had 18 people, so it was understandable. Gotta try the Key Lime Martini!

Blonde Giraffe/Key Lime Pie factory: Not the best Key Lime Pie at all. VERY sour, made my eyes water! I had a bite of the Key Lime Pie at Crabby Dicks and it was much better.

Conch Republic Restaurant and Bar: We had drinks and food here, but we reserved it and had special food for the wedding reception, but it was good. We even saw an extremely drunk lady fall over the edge into the water and barely get saved by about 6 men.

The bakery/cookie place right next to Ripleys: (I can't remember the name, but it has huge cookies in the window display) Chocolate chip cookie was AWESOME!

Margaritaville: We had a great time there late at night, having drinks and watching the band, and they were incredible! We also had lunch there the next day and were really disappointed. I ordered a Cheeseburger in Paradise, but it was pretty awful. The food was cold and their menu is limited. Nothing like the Orlando/Universal Studios Margaritaville. I think that is because it is a Margaritaville 'Cafe', not "Restaurant".

Just a few other notes about Key West...

-If you want to go parasailing, talk to the guys behind the Hyatt at "Almost Heaven" parasailing. They were sooo nice and let us stay up in the air longer than 5 minutes, like the big companies on the island. I've never done anything like that at all, so I was really nervous, but I had the time of my life. BEAUTIFUL!! They even let my family go on the boat with us for $10 altogether, even though they usually charge $10/person.

-Irish Kevin's was alot of fun...A big bar and concert area. Fun show.

-The Hemingway house is beautiful

-Rent a moped or electric car if you want to venture off of Duval St. (which some of us did since we couldn't all fit in the van we rented)

-Go see the sunset at the end of Duvall

-Try at least one Key Lime Shot (or martini). I'm hooked!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email and ask!! Hope this was helpful.

-Jessica
Lawrence, KS

• Liked — The size, layout, back porch, large kitchen, and pool
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Canfield, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

The wife and I stayed here in Dec, 2007 and loved it. We split our time between Honeymoon Hideaway, and Romantic Retreat, both on Center Court. Loved both places, very clean. Housekeeping was great too. Enjoyed the private hot tubs. Check in staff was friendly. Great location, an easy walk to everything.

• Liked — The location is great, an easy walk to everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

DO NOT RENT FROM KEY WEST VACATION RENTALS. EVER. I am stubborn and rented again this holiday. last year my fiance's mother passed away on december 25. we had to cancel and key west vacation rental refused to refund our deposit of $881 even with a death cetificte. i was hoping to contact the owner this year but after looking at the nov 2007 review i see even this does not work. against better judgement i rented the buena vista cottage (WHICH HAS NO DOOR ON THE TOILET!!)again this year with insurance and the hope of making this up to my fiance. mistake. the first three days were filled with loud constuction noise.hammering. sawing. chain sawing. I called the office and was told that these were not their property and "sorry". they lied. next, about 8 guys moved into the rental next directly door. the one with the hammering etc.. we were woken up night after night many times with loud yelling etc. their two house and pool unit were right outside our bed room. again the agents said "sorry" when we called. they would not move us. we left two nights early as we could neither relax nor sleep. it seems the insurance will no cover this either. so..............DO NOT RENT FROM KEY WEST VACATION RENTALS. THEY DO NO CARE ABOUT PEOPLE..........THAN ONLY WANT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY..............AND THEY DO.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — constuction noise, neighbor noise, strict refund policy..........do not stay here
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
keywestlady, Owner at Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
Buena Vista is one of our most popular romantic get-a-ways! 99.9% of feedback we receive on this unit is always very positive! We are truly sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay, we always move a guest if we have another unit to move them to in case of problems. At the time of year this guest stayed, our units were fully booked and there was nowhere else for them to stay. We apologize for any annoyances that a guest may have encountered...most times they are beyond our control, like neighbors making noise. However, if guests call our emergency after hours numbers, we will come to the source of the noise and ask them to be quiet, Key West does have a noise ordinance, no loud noise after 11pm.
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

I went to Key West for Thanksgiving. My husband and I were recieved by a very rude front desk person that smelled of alcohol. The "Santuary" house is anything but. It is in a run down neighborhood. It has an old rusty shack at the front door. The telephone did not work and we did not have a safe. There is also no back door- just a screen with a small hook. We called the front office upon check-in and we were told that they would not be able provide or repair the problems.
That evening we left and returned too the home and we were followed by a hooded man. We went inside and observed the same man standing and looking over our fence. We called the police. They told us not to worry-the man was not after us but most likely dealing drugs. Our neighbor said that her yard was used (involuntarily) for drug dealng and sexual activity. There was human feces and used condoms all over her yard. I called the Center Court after hours emergeny number and spoke with the owner Naomi Van Steelandt. I asked for alternate accomidations elsewhere or a refund in order to find another hotel/motel/inn. It was 9:00pm. She said that she would not give us either because the home had been used. She said that I can tell whom ever I like about my experience and I have decieded to do exactly that.

Stayed November 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

First, there are 2 Center Courts. Ours, which is where Paradise Place is located as well as 3 other properties (Hebron Place), etc. is on White St. I think 905 White St. The owners of Hebron Place arrived the same day we did. They were on a 5 week holiday from the UK and we were on a 10 day vacation from Louisiana. We ended up spending lots of time at our condo, with our puppy, who was a hit at Key West. Key West is so dog friendly! Anyway, we cooked on the gas grill several times (it was cleaner than ours at home) and swam in the pool several times with our neighbors.

The only negative that there is and it has nothing to do with the cleanliness of the room, is sometimes, people move in upstairs and forget there are wood floors and when they walk barefoot, it sounds horrible. But, we were fortunate enough that the guys renting upstairs took our advise when we asked them to wear their flip flops to break some of the noise and everything was fine.

Yes, it was paradise in Paradise!

• Liked — Pet Friendly, Off the Duval Path (been there, done that), walking distance to grocery, sandwiches, rest.,
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!