“Bonaire Suite is wonderful.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages
You added Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages to your Saves list
1075 Duval Street, Suite C-19, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #73 of 94 Key West B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Bonaire Suite is wonderful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My wife and I recently had the pleasure of staying in the Bonaire suite at Key West Villas. We had a wonderful stay. The accommodations were comfortable and homey and it was clean and airy. The location is beautiful and this unit was particularly lovely. It's so convenient to where all the action is in Key West and yet it's like a beautiful secluded tropical world unto itself. We would definitely come back and stay there again. Spending our vacation in the Key West Villas and the Bonaire in particular was wonderful and provided a great home base for all our Key West activities.

Gary Kupper
NYC

Room Tip: Bonaire was perfect for us. It is located off the main court and is quiet away from any street noise...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband and I have been to Key West three times, staying in different places each visit. This past June we traveled to Key West for our wedding and booked the Caribbean Suite through Center Court. We were extremely happy with the suite and the grounds over all. The villa was two floors and more then roomy- downstairs was the livingroom, kitchen with a full size table & chairs, and a half bath. Upstairs was a very large bedroom with a full bath (shower was even a good size) with amply closet space. There was airconditioning on both floors plus ceiling fans. Everything was beautiful, updated and very clean. The courtyard was large and wonderfully maintained, there are even birds (cockatiels & parakeets) on the grounds with a beautiful fountain. There is also a grill which we did use for a bbq one night. We had access to two pools, a family pool and an adult pool. Both very nice and clean, only downside is that the adult pool closed promtly at 6pm. Our accommodations were 1 1/2 blocks off Duval just off of Truman. Walk to everything was pretty easy. We have stayed in a B & B and also at the Crowne Plaza, Center Court is definately the best place we have stayed at thus far. The rates are more then reasonable and we will be back! They have accommodations in many areas of the island and all the rates seem good for what you get. The staff was very nice and accommodating with all our wedding and general requests. Last thing, be sure to read the cancellation policy! They do not issue refunds or discounts for any reason- weather or missed flights. Although, a lot of hotels have the same policy in KW.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Stayed here with 3 girlfriends and couldn't have asked for a better value. The room was clean, very comfortable, and in a great location. We slept four in the Bonnaire Suite very nicely.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

We arrived at the Orchid Suite on Simonton and were quite happy with our accomodations. Ours was an upstairs efficiency apartment. The airconditioner had been left on for us which was greatly appreciated since we had driven from Va. Beach! The kitchen was well equiped for our needs with a full size fridge. Living room area was of good size and had plenty of seating. The bedroom was wonderful! We slept great on the comfortable bed with overhead fan which is ususual for me to get a good nights sleep away from home. We had two porches off of our apartment that my husband enjoyed every morning with his coffee. The Suite was in an excellent location in the 500 block of Simonton St., one block off of Duval. We parked our car and didn't move it for 4 days. We rented bikes for a 24 hour period which was wonderful for trips to Ft. Zachary Taylor and around town. This was my 4th trip to Key West and my husbands 1st. We will be back and will definately try to book this suite again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Davison, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We have stayed with Center Court for several years, and again we were not disappointed with our weekend stay at the Poolside Retreat. We went with another couple and the two bedroom bungalow was roomy enough for all of us. We loved having the kitchen so we could make breakfast and have snacks and drinks by the pool. The pool area was nice, and even though it is shared with another rental, we had great neighbors and enjoyed spending time out there. The pool was not heated, so we did not use it, but it was still fun to sit by and stick our toes in. The location was great and the onsite reserved parking is a super plus. If you haven't been to Key West before, be very wary of places where you are responsible for your own parking....it is very hard to find a spot, let alone one near your hotel or rental. The Center Court rental people were very accomodating and worked with us to get a great rate. There is Wi-Fi availabe in the room and we had no problems with connectivity our entire trip. That was a great way to keep in touch with friends and family without having to search to service.

We also enjoyed the small journal in the room. It was great fun to read about who had been there before us, things they had done (in fact there were some great tips for places to go that we wouldn't have seen otherwise!), and it was fun to write our own stories prior to our departure.

Key West has a charm that draws you back. Center Court shares this same charm and we will visit them again soon.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

This was our fourth time at Center Court and once again, it was a stellar experience. We love the location and the concierge service, but especially the roof top hot tub at Buena Vista Cottage. This is our second time at Buena Vista and it did not disappoint. Kudos to Naomi and her staff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

We planned a last minute getaway to Key West. I didn't spend as much time looking for reviews for somewhere to stay as I would normally do, since this was so last minute. I saw this cute little place, and the price was perfect, so I booked it. I couldn't be happier about our choice. I can only speak for Harrison's Hideaway and probably the other places in that little development, but our experience was wonderful.

The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in while on vacation. I typically don't sleep well in hotels, but I slept wonderfully here. The shower was, as someone else mentioned, small. I had to turn the water off to shave my legs and soap up. You wouldn't like it if you're a very large person or get claustrophobic easily. There is no tub, so not so great if you have small children. If you want to soak in hot water, though, there's a wonderful two person hot tub just outside your front door in the privacy of your own little locked patio (perfect place for storing your bikes). Provided towels for the beach/pool and shower were fluffy and in ample supply.

The pools were also small, and you had to walk a *very* short distance, but I thought they were perfect. I wouldn't really want to be in one of the places right next to the pool, anyway, because I wouldn't feel like I had much privacy. The pool areas, especially the family pool, was very nice. Both pools were partially shaded and very clean.

In general, I felt pretty safe. The only downside to the location is that you have to walk right past an open-air laundry mat if you're coming from Truman/Duval, but I never really saw any unsightly characters except maybe really late at night. You should take precautions at any place late at night, though. Also, it seemed like parking here would probably be a real nightmare, but we didn't have a car, so it was no problem (you do NOT need a car here). Key West Vacation Rentals took care of getting us our bikes for the week, and also made other arrangements for activities so that we wouldn't have to hunt this stuff down. The location is generally very good, unless you want to be right near the harbor area where are the major bars, busy restaurants, etc., are. We didn't, so this location was good. Still close enough to walk to some places, and close enough to easily bike everywhere else.

Housekeeping is very basic here, with replacement of towels, making the bed, and I think one bed change over the course of the week. The place seemed very clean, except for this jute-like rug around the bed, which made my feet quite dirty. I don't think it's necessarily the housekeeping, though, but rather the type of rug that it is. When you're somewhere near the beach, though, your feet are going to always be dirty.

The room was decorated very nicely, had a very powerful a/c (important in KW!), ample kitchen supplies (although we only used the kitchen for opening/pouring beer/wine or fixing a bowl of cereal), and was very quiet, at least when we were there during the off-season. I was a little surprised at the choice of linoleum flooring, since it has a slightly cheap look and doesn't wear well, but it's a small thing and doesn't really affect too much the overall feel of the place, which is largely upscale. I would recommend the next time that flooring needs to be replaced the owner consider tile or hardwood-look laminate. The bathroom has very nice tile work, and the bedding is upscale, so overall, it still feels very nice.

Overall, I loved that we felt like we were staying in a little house, as opposed to staying in a hotel, where you feel like you need to pull out your credit card every time you leave the room and really don't have that much privacy. We still had the wonderful concierge service, which I think is one of the only reasons to stay at a hotel. I would definitely recommend this place and this company to anyone else thinking about vacationing in Key West. I only wish we lived closer, so we could drive and take our dogs with us! This is a very pet-friendly place and city.

Small suggestions I would make to the owners: more places to hang up towels/wet swimsuits and to put a keyless deadbolt, sliding chain, or something similar to what you find in hotels, since the only way to lock your room when you're in it is with the keyed lock, which can still be opened from the outside if someone has a key. We didn't have a "do not disturb" sign, so we felt a little weird, especially if we napped during the middle of the day, etc.

Outside of the "hotel", I would recommend El Siboney for traditional authentic Cuban cuisine, Blue Heaven for a great romantic dinner, and Fort Jefferson and Blue Planet kayaking (at night!) for adventures. We really liked Croissants de France for breakfast, and they are a very short walk from this place. You're also very close to the Ernest Hemingway house, and not too far (biking) from Fort Zachary Taylor, a very pretty little state park beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Center Court - Historic Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!