“Nice space, quiet spot, right by the action,” 4 of 5 stars

You added Blue Parrot Inn to your Saves list
Blue Parrot Inn
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   916 Elizabeth Street, Key West, FL 33040   |
Ranked #48 of 92 Key West B&B and Inns
“Nice space, quiet spot, right by the action,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had a really great time at the Blue Parrot Inn. We wanted to be close to Duval on the west side of the island and it was perfect. Walking distance to Hemingway House, Lighthouse and excellent locations to eat. The best host was Barby, who is a former Conch Republic Queen. She knows everything about the island and gave us recommendations on what to do, see and eat! We would gladly come back to this hideaway. We did one pool day at the inn and enjoyed a relaxing day without interruption. Then could easily get to the action the next day!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Where should I start ?

The parking space proclaimed is public parking in front of the property, too bad 4 spaces aren't equal to what 8 rooms ? Oh and did I mention it is public ?

I've made a fully prepaid reservation in May 2012 for room 1 (Seaside, QS), but when we
arrived we were "upgraded" to the cottage (I would call it the shed) at the back of the property.

The Room featured a kingsize, and that's it about the upgrade.
There was mildew in the ac and the bathtub. The head of the bed was broken and the linen were dirty (long dark hairs and stuff).
The fridge was rusty, better don't touch
All that and a keg under the toilet weren't a warm welcome at all.

Don't get me wrong, Barbara at the desk was quite helpful to get back a full refund for the night, but that wasn't what I wanted at all.
I wanted to stay and visit Key West, I wanted to celebrate the sunset and to attend the Blue Angels next day (Awesome feeling when I read it was their last show).

We had to drive back whole way to Miami because of this mess.
And no sorry, I wouldn't pay like 450$ for another BnB on a saturday evening in Key West, that's probably the main reason I've been booking like 1 year in advance.

Just a tip for further customer relations :
As far as I know it is my choice, if I am willing to accept your offered upgrade,
so please don't "upgrade" the last arriving customer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
APCOffice, Manager at Blue Parrot Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

It sounds like we got started off on the wrong foot by changing your room. We do our very best to make sure that every guest is kept in the room that they have requested. From time to time, there are maintenance issues or other reasons that make that room unavailable. We always try to move the guests to a room of equal or greater value. Sometimes the option to "accept" the upgrade is just not possible. We would rather move someone to a different room than allow you to stay in a room that isn't functioning.

As the original request for the Seaside room is also in the back cottage. I'm not sure it would have worked out for you either, but I am sorry that we had to change it.

The issues with the room itself that you mentioned will be investigated by our maintenance and housekeeping staff.

As for parking we do not, in any way, promote that we have it. Key West not a very "car friendly" island. We recommend that once people find a place to park their car, they leave it for for the remainder of their stay. We are within a short walking distance from Duval Street and most major attractions. There are 5 Parking Spots in front of our property that are not marked residential that our guests are welcome to use. There is also free parking less than a block away on Truman avenue as well. For our guests flying directly into Key West, we recommend forgoing a car for a Bicycle or use Taxis.

I am glad my staff offered you a full refund. That is exactly what they are instructed to do in this type of situation. I am sure the room change was beyond our control or it wouldn't have been made in the first place.
Lewis Center, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Cottage in paradise! Heated pool was very welcoming at night :) love the location! In the right spot close enough for the action to walk to and far enough for quiet time away. Really is the perfect spot! Breakfast by the pool is perfect with coffee, tea and juice. This was my 2nd visit and I look forward to many many more :)

• Stayed April 2013
New Port Richey, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

It's not a 5 star hotel, but if you want a clean place to stay in a great location for a reasonable price...this is the place. Includes a simple breakfast and a nice pool area. Very friendly staff. We stayed in the sunflower room...it was small, but all we did was sleep there. The location is very quiet as well!

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I shared a vacation with friends of ours in March of this year. The Blue Parrot is in the perfect spot. Just off of Duval on a quiet street, but not too far from Duval or the Southernmost Point. We Stayed in room 9 (The front room on the first floor closest to the road) and it was spacious and comfortable. I would say the matress on the bed cloest to the AC could stand replacing, but was a minor issue in an otherwise spectacular visit. Staff friendly, helpful, but not intrusive. The Blue Parrot comes highly recommended and I anticipate we will stay here on future trips to Key West!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

B&B not far from Duval but very quiet and pleasant. The innkeepers were very accommodating with extensive inputs about restaurants and attractions, The accommodations were as expected in a 19th century structure. The pool area was quiet and you felt pleasantly isolated from the hustle and bustle of most of Key West by the lush foliage surrounding the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pickering, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just spent 3 nights at the Blue Parrot and was very pleased. The location is close to Duvall street and you will not need a car as everything is a short walk away.
The accomodations were excellent and the staff very helpful and pleasant.
Another nice feature is the backyard pool and garden very relaxing and quiet after the noise and partying in town.
I would recommend the Parrot and you will receive a discount on future bookings.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Parrot Inn? Share your experiences!