“Great way to see and hear the history of Key West!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #121 of 325 Activities in Key West
Activities: Group tours/city tour
More attraction details
Owner description: See the best of Key West on the tour that has been entertaining visitors since 1958. Our expert 'engineers' and friendly staff have delighted guests with the legends and tales of Ernest Hemingway, and Tennessee Williams and the stories of the pirates, Indians, wreckers and artists who called this island home. 90 minutes and over 100 points of interest. No Key West vacation is complete without the world famous Conch Tour Train.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Great way to see and hear the history of Key West!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

Great activity to learn more about Key West and its interesting history. A must do for first-time visitors!

Madison, WI
4 attraction reviews
“Know your tour in Key West”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

My wife and I made a short trip to Key West in November 2008 and wanted to see as much as we could in a short amount of time. We looked in the AAA Tourbook and at several websites and decided to take the Conch Tour Train in Key West (AAA labeled it a "gem"). Our driver Tommy did a great job of navigating the streets with a long string of tram cars and dispensed more information than we could absorb.

For general sight-seeing it was a good way to get an overview. What we didn't realize was the Conch Tour Train does not offer a get-on/get-off option (in fact, they only offer one 7-minute stop in the middle of a 2 hour tour). Once you are on the tour you go from beginning to end. Had we know this before buying tickets we would have selected the "Trolley" tour (which is owned by the same company as the Conch Tour). The Old Town Trolley allows riders to get on and off so that you can see things at street level instead of from a moving tram.

Downers Grove, IL
3 attraction reviews
“Good for a First-Timer to the Island”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2008

We visited Key West on a cruise and this was the first thing that we did. We thought it would be a great way to see the whole island and learn about it's history.....in that respect, we weren't disappointed. The tour was informative and we saw everything the guide books say is a must. I did feel it was a little long at times especially since you seem to travel the same roads more than once....not sure though. Also was a bit pricey for an hour and half.

I would tell anyone to do it once; especially if you're time on the island is short.

Shepperton, United Kingdom
“Informative and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

I wasn't that keen initially of spending an hour and a half taking a tour of old town, but I'm really glad I did. Unlike the trolley tours, the conch train concentrates on the history of picturesque Old Town.

Our guide was really knowledgeable and made the tour fun, especially when he burst into song several times! If you want to learn about the island and see places you would ordinarily by pass this definitely worth doing.

Monroe, MI
6 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

It was a bit pricey, but I loved learning about the history of Key West and our driver was great. My legs did get a bit cramped, but I am 5'9" and it didn't bother me much at all. We did make one stop to use the restrooms and get snacks. I was very glad I decided to take the trip as it also helped me orient myself with where things were.