“Awesome Dive Shop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 84 attractions in Key West
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Celebrating our 43rd year of providing memorable dive vacations. We offer daily reef trips to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and the wrecks off of Key West including the Vandenberg. Dive Key West, Inc is a full service dive facility. Our divers will also have full guest privileges at Key West Harbour where we keep our boats. You may enjoy the restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, pool and private beach.
“Awesome Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I can not say enough good things about Dive Key West. For starters they are very helpful. When I called to schedule our dive the immediately offered to store my dive gear. Anyone who has travelled with their gear know how much space it can take up. I thought that was awesome. The day of the dive we showed up about an hour and fifteen minutes prior to the dive filled out the obligatory paper work. Set up my gear at the shop, they loaded on a truck and headed to the marina. When we got to the marina it was hands off, we were instructed to get on the boat. The Captain went through the safety stuff prior to leaving the dock. It was a short ride out the to reef only about 25 mins. the reefs that we dove on were AWESOME, saw sharks, barracuda,lobsters, and many others. After the dive just as easy as the start. They off loaded the gear, gave us a ride back to the shop. Had a place to rinse all your gear and stored it for me for my next dive a few days later. Great shop, great people. I will definitely dive with them again the next time I am in Key West!

Visited June 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
4 attraction reviews
“Great dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I completed my open water certification over two days through this shop with Dive Master Ian Wenham. I had some nervousness about diving in the ocean but his patience, knowledge, and sense of humor put me at ease. He pointed out several unique species of fish while we were on the dive including rays, lionfish, and porcupine fish and even took the time to get out book back at the shop to show us more about what we had seen!
Everyone in the dive shop and boat has great rapport with each other and you can tell they really enjoy what they do. I will be heading back to this shop when we dive in Key West again.

Visited June 2013
Sarasota, Florida
71 attraction reviews
“Excellent Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My son and I dove with these folks and they were not only friendly and informative, they were careful, helpful and made our dive experience extremely comfortable. Saw a great deal of sea life, including; lobsters, crabs, 2 large grouper, barracuda, etc. If you are in Key West, these guys are a great choice to handle your dive - and their shop is fully equipped, so leave your gear at home and just rent their stuff, as it is all new and in great condition !
Be sure to tell them that Terry and Jeremy sent you !

“Best dive shop ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

The crew was fantastic. Helpful, professional and just a nice group. Kell even rescued my wetsuit after I left it on board. Arrived at the shop the next day and it was cleaned and nice and dry for my trip home. Thanks!

Columbia, Missouri, United States
13 attraction reviews
“The Best So Far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have dived with a number of dive shops up and down the Keys, and I have no complaints with any of them. However, Dive Key West was by far the best experience I have had with a dive shop. From the first moment of contact the staff have been friendly, helpful, and patient with my questions. When I had to change a dive date, they did it on the spot, and gave me a credit since the dive I changed to was a reef and not a wreck dive.

The Dive shop is located a few miles from the boat. However, you set up your tank at the store and they haul all of your equipment to the boat, unload it, and set you up in the boat. If you need a ride to the boat, they will be glad to give it to you. On the boat itself: This was the first boat I have been on where you did not have to bring your own snacks--the cooler was loaded with bananas, apples, and oranges for the divers. The crew was safety conscious, but also treated you like adults. They also laughed and joked and made everyone feel at ease. One of the best crews I have had the pleasure to dive with. The dive shop is located within a mile of several hotels with reasonable rates (for Key West)--Quality Inn, Day's Inn, and Lexington Hotel are right there together and have a free shuttle that will take you downtown for the after-dive Key West experience. These are not luxury hotels, but our Quality Inn was comfortable with a free breakfast.

If you are looking for a quality Dive Shop with reasonable prices and a great staff you cannot go wrong with Dive Key West.