“Great shop and Dive Co.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #155 of 325 Activities in Key West
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 43rd year of providing memorable dive vacations. We offer daily reef trips to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and the wrecks off of Key West including the Vandenberg. Dive Key West, Inc is a full service dive facility. Our divers will also have full guest privileges at Key West Harbour where we keep our boats. You may enjoy the restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, pool and private beach.
Austin, Texas, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Great shop and Dive Co.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our overall experience with Dive Key West was great I checked reviews for all of the dive shops in Key West and this is place has the most to offer. we dove the Vanenberg 2 tank it was great I highly recommend it - I cant wait to do it again! Everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable all the employees and owners we met were great all the equipment was in good shape and the boat was nice and lots of room to move around. not a cattle boat.

Visited January 2013

Wheeling, West Virginia
“Dive Key West Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our group came down to Key West for a long weekend getaway and wanted to include a dive before the weekend was complete. This was my first dive with DKW and I was very happy with the trip. CeCe took great care of us at the shop to make sure that we had all the right gear and that everthing would fit and work well on our dive. Jeremy and Brad were outstanding. I've never had a crew make a dive so easy - all our gear was loaded, readied and even marked with our names. Each dive was logged too - all we had to do was have fun.
We did two boat dives: Marker 32 and Nine Foot Stake.
Would highly recommend this shop and I will certainly use them again. ArtB

Visited January 2013
Stoneham, Massachusetts
“Great Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been certified for about three years now and thus is the third dive for me outside of the certifying shop and this shop was great. They offered are resort option that required a morning of class and pool dives, which was different than others in the key and why we went with them although we did not take advantage of it. The day of the dive we showed up and got all rental equipment for two in abut 20 minutes. The equipment was top notch. We were required to hire an instructor as a guide since I had not dove in over a year and she was very knowledgeable and informative. Despite rough sea and getting seasick the site was awesome. Saw some fantastic sea life, coral etc. Highly recommend they are truly professional and friendly.

Visited December 2012
Gaithersburg, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
“Good location but low inventory on gear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you are in need of purchasing gear in a hurry, they have a very limited inventory on hand and will take 2 weeks for them to get it in. We ended up driving to Marathon to get a BC that fit since no other shops had one in stock on the island and we were on vacation.

Visited August 2012
HOUSTON
11 attraction reviews
“Great Training Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I completed my SSI Open water certification at Dive Key West. I completed the online SSI study at home course before doing my pool and open water dives with Dive Key West.

The only problem that I had was that Bob the manger didn't give me an agenda for the three day course, but otherwise I was very pleased with the service I was provided. I worked one on one with Ian Wenham. As an instructor he was very professional and very patient with me. He was also very friendly and really cared about my performance and mastery of various open water skills. He was always encouraging and excellent in explaining what I should expect in each skill or task.

Dive Key West was well run and organized and I felt safe at all times. I have seen some of the reviews that are critical of Bob the owner, but I didn't have any problems with him. I got to talk to him while he drove me to the marina and he seems like a very nice down to earth guy. I liked everyone that works for Dive Key West and they always made me feel welcomed.

I plan to continue my training and adding to my experience in diving and I plan to visit Dive Key West again.

Visited December 2012