“Great outfit, very professional & safety conscious.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 85 attractions in Key West
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Celebrating our 43rd year of providing memorable dive vacations. We offer daily reef trips to the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary and the wrecks off of Key West including the Vandenberg. Dive Key West, Inc is a full service dive facility. Our divers will also have full guest privileges at Key West Harbour where we keep our boats. You may enjoy the restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, pool and private beach.
Providenciales
15 attraction reviews
“Great outfit, very professional & safety conscious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I found these guys through one of their instructors, who was working in one of the dive retail shops, I only wanted to dive the Vandenberg as wreck diving is a passion and we have some history with this wreck. I found the shop staff really helpful, booking in was easy and they gave me my boarding pass right there and then. I was travelling light so had to rent gear, this was all new and good quality and appeared to be well maintained, the Captain had me kitted out and signed introduced me to the rest of the crew and divers and off we went after a comprehensive boat brief.
I was diving with a buddy so we asked lots of questions, the dive master was very helpful as was the instructor and they also gave a very thorough dive briefing, all the dive times and what if's were covered, and good suggestions of routes etc once on the wreck.
I had 2 great dives, the crew were great fun to be around on the surface interval and on the way back in. All in all a great dive outfit from my experience, and I would certainly recommend them and use them again in the future.

Visited October 2012

Carol Stream, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I selected DKW just from a search on Google for my recent trip to Key West. The entire shop from Bob, Kel, Allie, Brad, Ian, Jeremy were all great!

Not sure about these neg reviews but that was not my experience at all. From taking care of my hotel through them to chatting with me about the dives, Key West and just about anything else, very hospitable and friendly.

They do want to make sure that you have the requisite experience to dive especially the deeper dives on Joes Tug and Vandenberg. They actually look at your logs which, aside from their liability concerns, is actually a great step to make sure that when you are 100' down you have the requisite experience and is for your safety and your buddies.

I went in September which translates into a bit of hit and miss with the # of ppl signing up for dives and had once cancelled but they worked really hard on getting me onto other dives.

Would definitely go back!

Sanford, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Dive Dive Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The shop always does an excellent job with a well-stocked inventory, great boat, awesome crew like Jeremy! We hit some great spots where we were able to see eels and of course grab some bugs!

“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a professional dive shop in every sense of the word. I checked out several different dive/snorkle shops while I was down there and these guys deserve a special mention. The shop they run is very clean and professional. The rental gear you are given is all high quality stuff. The gear seamed to be relatively new and in great shape. My major complaint from all my other snorkle trips in Key West and Islamorada was that the gear was all cheap Wal-Mart type stuff and it seemed years old (seal weren't water tight anymore!). Not the case with the gear at Dive Key West! Well made, higher end branded stuff!! The whole outfit was professional and focused on quality and ensuring you were taken care of and having a good time. They even provided soft drinks/water with fresh fruit on the boat. The price was very reasonable for a two spot stop dive/snorkle outing. Highly recommended!

Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“Great crews but management is weak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

First let me say that the crew that runs the boat does a great job. We went on shallow dives and were never deeper than 35 ft during the 4 dives over two days. They do not put a guide in the water with you. The breifing before each dive is more than adequate to safely dive these waters. I would dive with them again.

I made my reservations over the phone. The following day they could not find my reservations. After some searching their office and grilling me they finally found the paid reservation. The next day the same drill repeated.

Upon returning from my final dive I was rinsing my BCD with fresh water. An instuctor pointed out to a student what I was doing and stressed how important it was to properly rinse equipment before storage. Someone came up and started giving me a lecture on wasting water and telling me how expensive water was.

The price for these dives was consistent with what I saw elsewhere. I would use them again.

Visited August 2012