“$110.00 mistake” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 356 restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Brazilian, Hamburgers, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Duval Street and Telegraph Lane
Transit: Bus stop directly in front of the restaurant.
Bossier City, Louisiana
“$110.00 mistake”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Do not go to this restaurant. All they had to drink was water or soda. Of the 16 meats, We where offered 5. Two of them where chicken and three cheap cuts of beef. We ask for filet Mignon 5 different times and was offered flake steak. You can not have a 4 star rating and miss by that much. To add insulate to injury, they add a 18% gratuity to the bill. I guess with that kind of service you have to do that.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
jmendelson, Guest Relations Manager at Braza Lena Brazilian Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear reviewer,
We remember you well in our restaurant. We tried every single way to please you but it was obvious that you were being impossible to please.

We feature a rotation of 16 different cuts of meat. But all you wanted was Filet Mignon again and again. We're not an all-you-can-eat filet mignon restaurant. If that was all that you wanted, we do offer Filet Mignon a-la-carte from the menu as well.

We're very sorry that we didn't live up to your expectations. Maybe the previous 30 reviewers on Trip Advisor must be wrong by giving us 5-star reviews.

Just so you know, EVERY Brazilian restaurant in the world adds an 18% gratuity to the bill because that is how the system works between the waiters and the meat cravers.

Thank you for your informative review of our restaurant.

84% Recommend
“Roll out the red carpet!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Wow! Michael (manager) and his sverice staff have sure got fix on how to serve dinner, and the proper dose of conversation to boot. My wife and I will go back every time we visit EVERY TIME we're in Key West! In addition, this place is seriously on the pricey side of life ($$$$) but if you have got the dough, then you should GO!

Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Best Burger I Ever Tasted & Great Sevice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Most reviewers of Braza Lena rave about the entrees and rightfully so. Brazilian steakhouses are the best if you are a meat lover. But if you are just looking for a "light" dinner, Braza Lena can also fill the bill. After a day of snorkeling, my husband and I just wanted some good old fashion comfort food. Mike, the bar tender at our hotel (Orchid Key Inn which, by the way, is fabulous) suggested we go to Braza Lena, sit in the bar and have one of their burgers. It turned out to be one of the best burgers I have ever eaten...EVER! The General Manager waited on us himself (now that's a customer focused mgr.) and when we said we came for their highly recommended burgers, he suggested we split one as they were large (10 oz.). I thought that was a very nice thing to do since most restaurants would try to sell you more food, not less. Even though my husband and I are not big eaters we decided to each order our own burger since we have different serving preferences. He likes his meat prepared medium and I like medium rare. He wanted a salad and I wanted the couscous side dish. Braza Lena did not disappoint! The burgers are made with a filet cut (which I believe was also prime grade) and it sure made a big difference. And they were definitely BIG. However, it was so good, I actually ate the entire burger as well as the couscous which was outstanding as well. To top it all off, we came in right at the end of happy hour (which I believe was 5:00 to 7:00) so the burgers were half-price at $8.00! Keep in mind the burgers are only served in the bar, but the atmosphere there was upscale, not loud and very nicely decorated. Overall, a great dining experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great concept in this steakhouse, it allows you to order not just one steak but to try lots of different types of steaks as well as chicken and fish.
The food just keeps coming once you turn over your disc on your table that lets the staff know you are ready for the meats etc. There is a well stocked salad bar too, with too many things to mention.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit here.

Visited July 2013
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been there 10 times, if not more, with friends, with family. And every time we get the pleasure. Salad bar. .. Oh, it's endless. Servicing at an altitude of. Our server each time, Andrey. He is a magician, performing our desires, price-fantastic

Visited July 2013