“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snuba of Key West

Snuba of Key West
Palm Avenue between North Roosevelt Boulevard and Eaton Street, Garrison Bight Marina, Key West, FL 33040
305 292-4616
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #124 of 325 Activities in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Beyond Snorkeling. Snuba is your easiest and safest way to enjoy our gorgeous reefs which are filled with colorful fish and breathtaking coral formations from under water like a scuba diver. No prior snorkeling experience is needed. People 8 years or older who can swim are qualified. Once aboard our comfortable power catamaran your friendly certified guide will teach you everything you will need to know and then stay with you throughout your dive.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had an amazing time. It was easy and I felt safe the whole time. Great instructions. I was amazed at the fish we saw.

Visited January 2013

New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“Dive without certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am not a certified diver and scuba wasn't an option for me hence. I learnt about snuba and called in for details. I was accommodated in the 1pm tour. My instructor Brian was friendly, helpful and most importantly, very understanding when it came to or orientation. He was around for assistance all through.Also if you wish to remain hydrated, they have complimentary sodas and mineral water.This was the first ever dive and I enjoyed every bit of it. The crew members are undoubtedly some of the best people you will meet and Drew, who photographed throughout the tour kept us entertained through his wits and humor.Overall, a wonderful experience for the cost and enjoyment.I am planning to go back next year.

Visited December 2012
wiltshire
74 attraction reviews
“A fab way to spend a morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We did the 9am tour yesterday morning and had a fabulous time!
Snuba is a cross between scuba diving and snorkaling, it enables you to dive to a depth of 20ft without the need for a half day lesson in a pool first as you would with scuba, breathing tubes are secured to a raft on the surface.
It was easy to book as I emailed from their website and they were very quick to reply, I had to give them my credit card to secure the booking and the card was swiped on the day.
Originally I booked for my husband and two daughters to go on the dive, I'm just not a water person and would find this too difficult! The day before we had to change our reservation as one daughter had a heavy cold and couldn't dive, this was not a problem as we called and left a message and we got a call back just five minutes later to confirm this was ok. We all went on the boat trip and were charged $99 for divers and $44 for riders, all in all it was a good value for money trip. (a tip was also expected!)
Safety was of the utmost importance and we were given this information before leaving the pier. On the 20 minute journey out to the reef the tour guides gave all the relevant information needed to dive and wetsuits were provided and the equipment needed was put on and double checked. Everything was put into place once the dive site was reached and in no time at all they were all in the water. Emily was the tour guide for my husband and daughter and she was very patient and understanding especially as this was their first time! They didn't quite the hang of it this time round but would like to try something like this again in the future. They did see some lovely fish and corals in some crystal clear warm water and even took some photos with a underwater disposable camera. A professional photographer went down with everyone and took some pretty amazing photos which were available to buy on disc for around $50.
It was great to be able to chat to the captain whilst everyone else was on their dive, and also it was good to be on a small boat with 8 divers, two riders and crew, a lot more friendly! In comparison whilst at the end of their dive two other tour boats turned up with approximately 30 snorkel divers on each and it looked like rats deserting a sinking ship, glad we were just about leaving as it got quite crowded out there!
Complimentary soda and water are available on the boat which was a good touch as well as a fresh water shower to hose off all the salt water.
Snuba also has a facebook page which is worth a look......

Visited December 2012
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Amazing Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Key West to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We knew we wanted to be out in the water so we looked into Snuba. I had previously tried to get my scuba certification years ago but experienced ear problems. I was initially apprehensive about Snuba and wondered how it would go. Our guide Rob was wonderful!! He was very patient and explained the whole process very well. Felt very safe with him. Once I got down into the water I felt very relaxed and was able to equalize ear pressure very easily. You are always in control of the depth you feel comfortable with. At one point I was surrounded by a school of colorful fish. Fantastic! Drew took many great photos of us that will be a special memory of our trip. We were lucky to have him there to record our adventure! The whole crew was very nice and the next time we visit we will be sure to be on the Snuba boat again. Thanks Snuba!!

Visited October 2012
33 attraction reviews
“A taste of diving without certification”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Unfortunately I was sick with a sinus infection so diving was out for me that weekend. Instead my husband and a friend went on the Snuba trip. After a 35-40 minute boat ride and a short briefing of equipment we stopped at a snorkel site. Your given a regulator, mask, fins and attached by a 20' hose to a small raft that holds the tanks. We spend about 30 minutes underwater. Many fish but visibility wasn't super great---maybe 30-35'. (to many snorkelers in the area). This was a great test to see if someone wants to get dive certified. It was a little bit snorkel a little bit dive combo. Fantastic experienced staff of certified divers and boat captains. I still prefer the freedom of diving but this was fun to try! $99pp

Visited October 2012