Duval Square Castaway

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

“Duval Square visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

The unit we rented (R127) was very nice. Almost everything we needed was there for us, it was clean, it was comfortable. The location in Key West was perfect for our purposes, as we had daily sessions at the San Carlos Institute. There were three of us, so we used both bedrooms and the sofa bed in the living room. We cooked most of our meals and usually ate outside on the balcony/porch (a little noisy because of all the rooftop a/C and other machinery, but we still enjoyed the early mornings and evenings there). We liked being on Duval Street - a little beach just down the road, a good bike shop across from us, many shops and restaurants nearby. The Duval Square condos are all part of a small, secluded, second level 'neighborhood,' stretched out along a lovely pedestrian walkway. It was a pleasure to return there at the end of each day.
We wished for an extra blanket or comforter on our beds; management finally did provide one.
We would have separated out our recyclable trash, but did not know it was required until we found the bin (with instructions) early on our last morning as we were leaving.

5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 3 of 5 stars Service
4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
A romantic getaway
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Have been coming here for years. Great parking, great accommodations. Pool, secluded. Nearby entertainment, shopping. Not too far from Mallory Square, etc. Will be coming back!!! Highly recommended. Restaurants on the lower level are very good, as well.

“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We had a great visit to Key West. The condo was everything I expected, spacious, clean, and well decorated. a wonderful location with easy access to all areas of KW. The only negitive was the lack of supply of toilet paper and bar soap. We would highly reccomend this condo and Rent Key west Vacations.

4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
A TripAdvisor Member
“A quiet hidden get-away in the midst of Key West's night-life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

We came to Key West for my sister's wedding. When we arrived at the condo, we were very pleased with the space. The food in Key West is pricey, so we enjoyed to luxury of the kitchen. It had all of the kitchen equipment necessary to cook nice meals. We also liked that the unit had a washer and dryer combo. We went home with all clean clothes!!! We were amazed of how quiet the unit was although we were literally steps away from Duval Street. The pool was nice. We laid out by the pool, and there was not another person in sight. We had a lovely time, and I would recommend the Duval Square Castaway unit to anyone vs a hotel setting! It cost about the same, (maybe a little cheaper) and the comfort of having a little space and privacy was priceless. We had an eat-in kitch, dining room, living room, 1/2 bath down stairs, and 2 bedrooms upstairs both equipped with full showers. The only complaint I have is the shower heads in the master bathroom, are ready to be changed. And thats an easy fix.

4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Lakeside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 3 of 5 stars Rooms
A TripAdvisor Member
“Family Spring Break in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

This is the second year in row we have stayed at Duval Square. The only two negatives were the 4 male visitors in the adjoining condo, who believed that singing until 4:00 a.m,. while sitting in and around the hot tub below our bedroom their last night in Key West was the way to make our visit more memorable. And the broken blender that allowed my first batch of margaritas to spill on the counter and floor. It was replaced and the party continued.

Those two minor things aside, the location is impossible to beat and assuming you have a car the convenient parking makes a great difference.

Check in
(305) 600-5208
Speaks English
Listed since : Nov 2008
Calendar Updated: 4 days ago
Note: Response rate information for this manager is unavailable.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing