Duval Square Castaway

Saved Save
You added Duval Square Castaway to your Saves list.
Key West
Rental Home –
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 4

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

Have been coming here for years. Great parking, great accommodations. Pool, secluded. Nearby entertainment, shopping. Not too far from Mallory Square, etc. Will be coming back!!! Highly recommended. Restaurants on the lower level are very good, as well.

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
“Location, Location, Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We had a great visit to Key West. The condo was everything I expected, spacious, clean, and well decorated. a wonderful location with easy access to all areas of KW. The only negitive was the lack of supply of toilet paper and bar soap. We would highly reccomend this condo and Rent Key west Vacations.

4 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“A quiet hidden get-away in the midst of Key West's night-life.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

We came to Key West for my sister's wedding. When we arrived at the condo, we were very pleased with the space. The food in Key West is pricey, so we enjoyed to luxury of the kitchen. It had all of the kitchen equipment necessary to cook nice meals. We also liked that the unit had a washer and dryer combo. We went home with all clean clothes!!! We were amazed of how quiet the unit was although we were literally steps away from Duval Street. The pool was nice. We laid out by the pool, and there was not another person in sight. We had a lovely time, and I would recommend the Duval Square Castaway unit to anyone vs a hotel setting! It cost about the same, (maybe a little cheaper) and the comfort of having a little space and privacy was priceless. We had an eat-in kitch, dining room, living room, 1/2 bath down stairs, and 2 bedrooms upstairs both equipped with full showers. The only complaint I have is the shower heads in the master bathroom, are ready to be changed. And thats an easy fix.

4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Lakeside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
5 of 5 stars Value 3 of 5 stars Rooms
A TripAdvisor Member
“Family Spring Break in paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

This is the second year in row we have stayed at Duval Square. The only two negatives were the 4 male visitors in the adjoining condo, who believed that singing until 4:00 a.m,. while sitting in and around the hot tub below our bedroom their last night in Key West was the way to make our visit more memorable. And the broken blender that allowed my first batch of margaritas to spill on the counter and floor. It was replaced and the party continued.

Those two minor things aside, the location is impossible to beat and assuming you have a car the convenient parking makes a great difference.

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
3 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 3 of 5 stars Service
Management Response
Dec 22, 2011
As all property owners know emergency issues occasionally arise that needs immediate attention. This was the case with the plumbing work going on the next door condo. There was not extensive work being done but emergency repair work. Some of our owners feel the need to add a litle 'personal touch' in their properties to make sure the guests are enjoying their time without the chance of the need for any maintenance issues so reminder or helpful notes may be present in the unit. We also gave these guest making the review the convience of a free, early check-in and late checkout since the current bookings allowed this. When we can do this we do ask them to begin some of the cleaning chores instread of charging for the extended stay. Our checkin time is typically 3-5PM and check out is 10AM.
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011 for a stay in November 2011

Our stay at the Duval Square Castaway was great. The service from Rent Key West was excellent, as always. The condo's location could not have been better... We enjoyed the rooftop pool, which was nice and cool. The condo was very clean and well kept. The restaurants below the condo had great food. The only issue we had was the upstairs did not cool off as well as the downstairs. There is a window unit in the master bedroom, which blew directly on the bed. Other than that, I would for sure recommend this place to others and would absolutely recommend renting with Key West. This was our second time w/Rent Key West and we'll be back! Thanks so much!

5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
Rent Key West Vacations
(305) 600-5208
Speaks English
Listed since : Nov 2008
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing