My husband and our friends (also a couple) decided to take a trip down to Key West for a couple of days in February. We took the Key West Express from Fort Myers Beach on Feb 14 and left by car (boat was cancelled due to bad weather) on Saturday the 16th.
The hotel was in a great location. A block from Duval one way and a few blocks to the Southernmost point of the United States the other way. We booked a double queen bed room during high season for about $300 a night with tax. We walked everywhere over the the couple of days we were there except when we had to go to the airport to rent a car on Saturday. It's about a half hour cab ride to the airport.
The hotel was clean, the room was spacious and the staff was very friendly. They also were very helpful when assisting us with booking a snorkeling trip (also cancelled due to weather).
This was our first trip to Key West and despite some travel woes, we had a GREAT time. We dined at 2 great restaurants, one was a little place called 2cents where the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was incredible. We also dined at Latitudes which was located on it's own island and was amazing. Generally, I wouldn't expect much from Florida restaurants especially in tourist traps, but both these spots knocked our socks off. Key West is a place to party and party we did after both our meals. I'm pretty sure we stopped at the best spots in and around the strip and there were still a ton more to explore on our next trip.
Oh, one tip: Buy the buy one get one free drink card. We got ours at the marina when we docked from the Key West Express. If nothing else, it's an excuse to try different spots that you might not find on your own.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel
- Best Western Plus Hibiscus Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Best Western Hibiscus Hotel
- Key West Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-story Motor Lodge located 3 blocks from southernmost point in the United States, in restoration area of Old Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Best Western and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hibiscus Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.